fb

Rndm brainstorming post to help each other when we got nothing. Yep.

Forums Fiction Plotting Rndm brainstorming post to help each other when we got nothing. Yep.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Erynne
    @erynne

@emma-walker

Naw I’m over it. I just think of it as another story I get to tell people 🙂 I actually don’t tell many people because they treat me differently and don’t like to discuss parents or ask me questions because they think it upsets me when I actually want them too. And they throw a huge Erynne pity party which gets on my nerves.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I’ll leave the singing and crying to the Disney princesses though 😂 that’s too common

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne I understand.
    lol yea, does that make me a Disney princess? XD

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Erynne
    @erynne

@emma-walker

It depends… Do any wild animals come comfort you while you are in distress?

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne No. XD no one usually knows I’m in distress.

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Alrighty Peoples.

So a birthday party of sorts, it’s winter and they are ice skating. What all could happen while they do that?
    It’s Prince Edward’s fifteenth birthday, he and his little sister are staying the winter at Mikin Mansion.
    Lorii, his sister is 12.

With them you have my Wiley kids, Flint (14), Greta (13), Henry (11) and Ivy (Almost 9), these four saw snow the first time ever a month before, so there’s that.
    there’s also some adults, Aspen and Cassidy Blaine, the Wiley kids’ older sister and brother in law, and Alexander Karson, Cassidy’s older bro.
    And the Duke and Duchess.

What happens during this little ice skating bday party thing? Does something go wrong? Something unexpected but cool? I needs ideas, prompts, anything you can shoot at me. XD

Erynne
    @erynne

Well there’s always the falling through the ice thing but that’s really common in my opinion. They’re royalty sooo what if they had some uninvited guests that perhaps ruin the party or make it a million times better?

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne yea don’t want “Amy” falling through the ice XDxD

Thats a good idea, I just don’t know who that could be. Hm.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@noah-cochran,

I am do things around the same lines (this series is being made because of two characters that I wanted to write). However, I’ve been thinking about this (and @everyone else is welcome to comment on this as well), and though one can do it the other way around, I have grown to think that creating the main antagonist and their plan is the best place to start. Then one can make sure their protagonists’ reasons for caring about what the antagonist is doing is sound, both externally and internally.

In the words of Yzma from The Emperor’s New Groove, “It’s brilliant brilliant BRILLIANT!!”

*coughs* Sounds like a plan – good luck!

@erynne

Get lost Joelle! (Jk someone had to do it)

*reads this with your pfp right next to it* *busts up laughing* DUDE HIS FACE IS EXACTLY THE ONE I WOULD MAKE IT I WEREN’T SURE YOU WERE JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XDD

"For love is strong as death." -God

Erynne
    @erynne

@emma-walker

yea don’t want “Amy” falling through the ice XDxD

Oh my word yes!!! I completely forgot about that,but that’s hilarious 😂

@joelle-stone

*reads this with your pfp right next to it* *busts up laughing* DUDE HIS FACE IS EXACTLY THE ONE I WOULD MAKE IT I WEREN’T SURE YOU WERE JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XDD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Gotta love the Flynn Rider smolder

Anyone else have suggestions for my question?

Here’s my post:

Ok I gotta question. What’s some creative ways to show mourning over a death?

I’ve never been one to show my pain to people, so I’m a very, um, weird I guess, mourner. I don’t cry or anything, I didn’t even cry at my own father’s funeral. So yeah, I don’t really know how to write it. Any tips?

(btw I swear I’m not a heartless human being, I just have my own way of dealing with loss and pain I guess)

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@erynne,

Gotta love the Flynn Rider smolder

YES

Hrm, good question. (And I don’t think you’re heartless – I have a sister who’s the same way. ;))

Honestly, it depends on your character. I had one die once (eight close friends, so lots of different personalities there). Her closest friend was less grieved than she was angry – angry at herself for letting it happen, angry at the person who killed her, angry at a God she didn’t know for not stopping it. Another friend was guilt-ridden. Another cried her eyes out and wouldn’t speak for days. Another layered on joke after joke to cover up his pain.

One tip would be to make sure you have a LOT of internal monologue. Death doesn’t come and go with a speaking-to-the-gravestone scene and then everything’s peachy. Make your characters wrestle. Make it HURT. And then they’ll come out stronger as a result.

Another thing would be to write several different scenes, taking a different tac each time. Explore your character’s personality to discover how he/she would mourn. Maybe write a journal entry of theirs right after the person died. Maybe they detail how it happened, so they remember. Maybe they gush out their feelings onto paper but don’t dare say anything in front of others. Maybe they long to be alone. Maybe they want to bury themselves in their activities so they don’t have to think about it (in which case night would be really painful – a crying-into-his/her-pillow-to-muffle-the-sound scene usually pulls on readers’ heartstrings).

Erm… yep, that’s all I’ve got for now. Good luck!

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne Yas XD

@erynne
    and @joelle-Stone sry to cut in, this is so rndm. Every time I walk up to my cousin and say hey, she’ll say “Hey. How’s it goin? The name’s Flynn Rider.” Then she’ll give me the smolder and I’ll stand and stare at her for a second then wack her with an imaginary frying pan. XD

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

AHHH I MUST MEET THIS COUSIN!!!!!!

Erynne
    @erynne

@joelle-stone

YES

Have you seen Olaf’s version of it? XD

Hrm, good question. (And I don’t think you’re heartless – I have a sister who’s the same way. ;))

Thanks lol and thank you so much for not creating a huge pity party for me

Those are excellent tips thank you so much! The writing thing is definitely something I do any time I’m really upset

sry to cut in, this is so rndm. Every time I walk up to my cousin and say hey, she’ll say “Hey. How’s it goin? The name’s Flynn Rider.” Then she’ll give me the smolder and I’ll stand and stare at her for a second then wack her with an imaginary frying pan. XD

HAHAHA!!! Oh my goodness that is amazing XD your cousin is my favorite person of the day

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@joelle-stone @erynne XD she’s always quoting Disney or Veggietales. Sometimes when trying to decide something she’ll say, “Should I? No… Here I go.” Dramatically. She’s the best.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Yep, definitely the favorite person of the day. XD

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest