Redrawing old Artwork

Forums Art Art Discussions Redrawing old Artwork

This topic contains 235 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Evelyn 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 236 total)
  • Author

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@chalice Not yet…I really want to but I have lots of art projects already going that I am trying to get done before Christmas! 😀

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@chalice Oh I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same way about charcoal! xD

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Chalice
    @chalice

@ashira, Oh yeah, I totally understand. Don’t overwhelm yourself. 🙂

@the-fledgling-artist, XD I love drawing with charcoal! I think the reason I haven’t gotten into watercolor (and rarely use my acrylics, or play my saxophone for that matter…) is because of the set up and clean up time. I like being able to just pick up my pencils and draw, but I probably need to get over that. XP

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@chalice Thanks!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@chalice That makes sense I guess haha. 😀 (Super cool that you “play” the saxophone though!!) What I like to do with watercolor is start earlier in the day and just come back to it every now and then. That way I’m always working wet on dry. Unless of course I want to go wet on wet for what ever reason. Then at the end of the day (or when ever the piece is done) I put everything away. I suppose that would require having enough space to leave everything out like that though.

Chalice
    @chalice

@the-fledgling-artist, Oh, that’s a smart idea. I just don’t really have a space like that right now. Just curious, have you ever done any pastel paintings?

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@chalice Hmm… Well, kind of? I’ve played around with oil pastels a little. Though I wouldn’t call that “painting” haha. It was more of a mess of scribbles. What about you?

Lillian.Parks03
    @lillian-parks03

@chalice

Danke, and symbolism? Always. I rarely do anything without a second deeper meaning beneath it.              In this case, the symbolism is fairly straightforward. In both sketches, the centre of focus is quite obviously the artistic depiction of an Angel. Angels are often thought of as strong, proud, sinless creatures of light.  By the form of its wings, you can see immediately that this at one point was a noble creature. This angel, however, doesn’t appear to be strong, proud, or filled with light. This angel is captive, weak, crying over its chains, and curled in on itself, the exact picture of defeat. This angel is not a fallen angel, this signified by the fact that the creature still wears its halo. We now see the centre of this sketch is a defeated creature who was once strong, and a sinless creature imprisoned without cause.  Injustice. The angel has done nothing, it is sinless, but yet here we see it stripped of its robes, clamped in chains, cast into darkness, barely clutching onto hope. The central theme of this particular sketch is the injustice that so often happens. The darkness surrounding the angel, however, is not empty. There are stars, tiny glimmers of hope through the darkness.

That was far more long-winded than I meant to be. Sorry!

https://www.pinterest.com/parkerlillian2003/
      https://www.facebook.com/lillian.parker.182940

Evelyn
      @evelyn

Wow, this is such a cool thread! I haven’t been drawing long enough to improve much, but this has been encouraging to see. All of you are so talented! 🙂

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@evelyn I didn’t know you liked to draw too! (So many people are secretly artistic… 😮 )  What do you like to draw?

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@the-fledgling-artist You mean secretly wanna be artistic. xD

I do a lot of zentangle and just sketching in general. I’m hoping to work on my watercolor and painting once I get some time. 🙂

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@evelyn If you do art then you are, an artist! (skill don’t got nothing to do with it 😉 )
      Zentangles are really cool! I can’t ever get any of mine to look cool though haha. Probably just ’cause I don’t practice them.  Have you ever tried sketching any of the characters from your books? It’s super fun.

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@the-fledgling-artist I have sketched characters before. It wasn’t until a couple weeks ago I actually drew one I liked. 🙂

By the way, I really want to improve. Any resources you would suggest for me to use? I’d appreciate all the help I could get. 😀

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@evelyn Sadly, I don’t really know of any resources to recommend. (If you find any I would love to hear!) It’s not really what anyone wants to hear, but the best way to improve is to just keep drawing. Getting critiqued can be helpful too. If you would like though, I could suggest some methods for practicing. (Not like I’m an expert or anything xD) I could also look for good books to help you get started, though I find that books are more helpful simply because they get you drawing, then because they are actually informative. (I’m sure there are some good ones out there, but I don’t think I have found them yet.)

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@the-fledgling-artist

*dashes in*

*COUGH* I must bring to your attention that @evelyn is indeed quite a FINE artist, with the darling-est style! I could quite frankly, RAVE over it!

@evelyn my dear, you are far to humble! ❤️

*dashes out*

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 236 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest