fb

Redrawing old Artwork

Forums Art Art Discussions Redrawing old Artwork

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Evelyn
    @evelyn

@the-fledgling-artist Hey guess what? I found a copy of Story Thieves at a used bookstore yesterday and grabbed it because of our conversation. I’ll have to tell you what I think of your favorite character. 😉

eden anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn

Oh, that’s so fun! I love book-shopping at used book stores and thrift stores, you can find such awesome deals! I buy almost 99% of my books from thrift stores and it feels like such a steal when you find brand new books for a couple of dollars. Where do you buy your books? ( @the-fledgling-artist you too. 😉)

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson Well, you wouldn’t believe the deal we got yesterday!

The thrift store in town has a deal every last Thursday of the month where you can fill an entire box of books for only …. *dramatic pause* ten dollars!

We fit forty-two books into that box and bought them for ten dollars!! It was amazing! 😀 😀 😀

eden anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn

*grips face* 😮😮😮😮

You are kidding. You are so KIDDING!!!!!

Aghhhhhhhh!!!

NO FAIR!! Can I please come move to your area?!! OH. MY. WORD. That is SO COOL!!

I just can’t even. 😉

I love books, and deals like this…well lets just say I am probebly a little too obsessed with finding good book deals. 😁😜❤❤❤

eden anderson
    @eden-anderson

Forty-two books?!!

I just can’t stop freaking out.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson

*maniacal laugh* 😉

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@evelyn Oh! Yess! I can’t wait to hear what you think. ^-^

@eden-anderson
    Actually I’m very picky about what books I read, and even more so with what books I buy. So I can’t usually find anything I would like at a thrift store. When I do buy a book I go to Amazon. 😀

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

eden anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn

*glares*

No need to rub it in.

😉

@the-fledgling-artist

Sure, makes sense. I understand.

Are you familiar with Thriftbooks at all? It’s like an online used book store and it’s AMAZING!!! I really like, especially cause you can get books cheaper there then on Amazon. It’s really cool if you don’t mind buying used books.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@eden-anderson No I’ve never heard of it before. 😀 Thanks for the recommendation!

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

eden anderson
    @eden-anderson

@the-fledgling-artist

When it comes to books…it’s a pleasure! A true pleasure, madam. 😉

Lillian.Parks03
    @lillian-parks03

https://www.pinterest.com/parkerlillian2003/
    https://www.facebook.com/lillian.parker.182940

E. Grace
    @emgc

Guess I’m sort of late to this thread.  I really enjoyed looking through it, though.  You all have such talent!

Here’s a monarch butterfly I drew when I was ten or eleven:

The quality's kinda bad... sorry

And here’s one I did recently:

I think it’s safe to say I’ve improved.  I just wish I’d improved more… I really need to draw more often.

Anyone who sees this is welcome to critique it!

(Oh, and @the-fledgling-artist  I actually tried watercolors for once! Do you have any tips on how I can improve my shading?)

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

I recently unearthed my very first manga drawing which I drew when I was. . . probably a tween. I’m keen on redrawing it some time. 😀

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

Okay, so sorry for the double-post, but I am dying. . . X’D

Ladies and gentlemen, this was my very first attempt at manga-style drawing. As I mentioned before, I drew it somewhere in my tweenage days. I love, and hate, everything about her. XD The skin color is so wrong, the hair looks like a bunch of awkward tentacles, the shirt is ugly, and her eyes and mouth make her look like Dora the Explorer. Even her name is cheesy. (My Dad knows a bit of Japanese so he helped spell out her name in Japanese, too. XD)

I am SO redrawing this. *smirks*

Tagging peeps. . . @the-fledgling-artist @eden-anderson  @evelyn  @chalice

Evelyn, your little post of ancient drawings made me laugh my eyes out. Well done. I loved it all. X’D

Gaaaah, you guys are all such amazing artists!!! I can’t wait to be able to draw like that. 😉

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@emgc Beautiful!

@dekreel
    😀

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 236 total)
  • The forum ‘Art Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest