Redrawing old Artwork

Forums Art Art Discussions Redrawing old Artwork

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

I had a hard time deciding whether I should post this in Camp Artifex’s forums, or to the public forums. I finally decided to post it here because I know there are tons of artsy people outside of the art guild.

I thought it would be super fun to have a thread where we could post redraws, and share our improvement with eachother! Have you guys ever redrawn  older artwork before? If not I highly recommend. It’s a lot of fun, and as I mentioned already, it’s a really cool way to see how you have changed and improved as an artist!

I love doing redraws when I feel bad about my art, because then I can see that I have improved, and I am growing as an artist. And I love to see other people’s redraws because seeing their improvement inspires me a ton!

Tagging some of the artsy peeps I know.
    @blueberry @h-jones @lillian-parks03 @dekreel  @ori-art @ashira @thetessinator @sageinthemeadow @any-and-all-who-wish-to-join

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Grace
    @h-jones

i was tagged ;u;

AH YES THO FOR REAL this sounds so fun!! Haha I don’t have any recent redraws of old artwork, but I’m inspired now and am working on some~

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Sarah Inkdragon
      @sarah-inkdragon

Oooh yesss. This is an awesome idea.

Veritas Nunquam Perit. (The truth never dies.)

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@sarah-inkdragon Yay! I’m excited to see how many people will join in!

@h-jones Hahaha, you don’t have to. You were just one of the first people who popped in my head to tag. 😀

Ariel Ashira
      @ashira

@the-fledgling-artist Yeah, I would love to do this!  Its a really good idea.  Now to find some old art…

(I am trying to join Artifex.  Think I should?)

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Ariel Ashira
      @ashira

@the-fledgling-artist And thanks for tagging me!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@ashira You should totally join the art guild!! In my opinion, the more the merrier! 😀 Haha, have fun hunting down your old art. Every now and then I skim through an old sketchbook, and it’s such a weird experience.

Grace
      @h-jones

@the-fledgling-artist Oh no!! That was me being happy for being tagged, haha xDD I’ve been wondering what to draw and this answered my question. Huzzah! (:

ALSO. DONE.

I skimmed through one of my (many) old dA accounts and came across this (click) old character of mine that I apparently used in a roleplay with someone I have no memory of. xDD Anyway, I thought she was cute, so I gave it a go at redrawing. Here (click) is the end result, which I’m pretty proud of!! 😀 The only thing I’m sad about is that I actually didn’t have a black colored pencil… go figure.

EDIT: Side-by-side comparison (click).

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Grace. Reason: coding mixmatch
        • This reply was modified 1 year ago by Grace.

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

The Fledgling Artist
        @the-fledgling-artist

@h-jones Heather! That’s amazing! *Confetties* I can see a huge jump in skill! Particularly in human proportions, and an understanding of how cloths fold.

The Fledgling Artist
        @the-fledgling-artist

Alright, here is what I came up with. (I made this a few days ago haha.)

Before…

After.

The after picture isn’t perfect. There are tons of things I would have done differently, but I don’t think anyone could argue that I haven’t improved. And for that reason, and because I had so much fun drawing it, I’m super happy with this. 🙂

Ariel Ashira
        @ashira

@the-fledgling-artist That looks so amazing!

The Fledgling Artist
        @the-fledgling-artist

@ashira Thanks! Were you able to track down any old art?

Ariel Ashira
        @ashira

@the-fledgling-artist Not yet.  I have a LOT of art projects already I am trying to get done before Christmas, and I am painting a book cover for a friend, so its gonna be a bit before I can do this! 😀

The Fledgling Artist
        @the-fledgling-artist

@ashira Ooh! That’s so cool! Have you started the book cover yet? Also, what medium are you using?

Ariel Ashira
        @ashira

@the-fledgling-artist No, I still have to get the right size canvas for this one.  I am using acrylic paint.  Its for @cassie-hartfinh

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 236 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest