READ THIS BOOK!!!!!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions READ THIS BOOK!!!!!

This topic contains 74 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Buddy J. 1 day, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@anne-of-lothlorien

SAME

no I haven’t been stalking why would you think that?

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

JennytheFaun
    @jennythefaun

*new person randomly pops in*

There are Featherheads here!!! I think @kari-karast and I are the only ones in our guild…

I have yet to recover from the ending of The Monster in the Hollows.

@anne-of-lothlorien I’m pretty sure I put The Giver on my reading list a while back but it’s not one I had prioritized very much. So I guess I’ll try to get there a little faster! ๐Ÿ˜

"...by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there."

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

*waves to @jennythefaun * Hi!

I’ve decided not to read the last 2 Wingfeather books till I’m more emotionally stable.ย Not that that’s ever going to happen And also because I’m quite pleased with living with the ending of the 2nd book. *cheesy grin*

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

Very late to this topic, but here it goes anyway.

I have read and absoutly love both The Giver series and Wingfeather Saga. I actually discovered this place on the Wingfeather Saga forum.

As for book recomendation, I would recomend Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica. The main premise of the books is: what if all the great works of fiction were actually true. I can’t really express what these books are about, but all lovers of classic fiction, and especially of C. S. Lewis and Tolkien, read these books. If anyone else has read these books please let me know.

Bookmarks are for quitters

JennytheFaun
      @jennythefaun

@kayla-skywriter I found SE through the Wingfeather forum too!

That sounds like an awesome book, I’ll have to look into it.

*Waves back to my fellow Knaplinger @kari-karast*

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@jennythefaun IT’S JENNY

*coughs*

Hi.

(:

( @wordsmith โ€ฆ look who I found…)

JennytheFaun
      @jennythefaun

@evelyn ๐Ÿ˜‚ Fancy meeting you here!

Sorry I didn’t reintroduce myself earlier…

Anyhoo, nice to see you again, Flabbits!

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@jennythefaun Ha, itโ€™s fine! I just did not realize you join Story Embers. How neat! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

And Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜œ

How are you doing? Iโ€™m so glad to see that you are still writing! ๐Ÿ˜

JennytheFaun
      @jennythefaun

@evelyn Doing pretty well and still writing! I’m approaching the publication of my second book and I wrote a Wingfeather-inspired short story. Plus I’m working on an entry for the SE short story contest.

Have you Wingfeather fans all read Wingfeather Tales? I read a borrowed copy and now I just bought my own ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@jennythefaun Woah, congratulations! And your short story sounds interesting. How so inspired by it?

I think the majority of us have… what did you think of it? And did you hear about the Wingfeather Saga being turned into five full-length animated films?

Bethel
      @trufflehunter

@jennythefaun

JENNY!

Hey!

JennytheFaun
      @jennythefaun

@evelyn Remember the “quote” at the beginning of chapter 5 of “The Places Beyond the Maps”? The “Bright Woe of Hadrell and Simi” bit? I wrote what I considered the backstory for it. If y’all want to read it I could start a thread for it, I don’t want to clog up this one ๐Ÿ˜‰

I thought it was pretty awesome. I laughed the hardest at Sophelia Stupe and both Peterson contributions were awesome, but Places Beyond the Maps was what made it for me. I wasn’t crazy about the ND Wilson story and Lanric and Rube just didn’t compare to Sophelia Stupe in my opinion…but overall super duper wonderful.

ARE THEY DOING THAT FOR REAL

@trufflehunter good to see you again, my fellow Narnian Flabbit!

Bethel
      @trufflehunter

@jennythefaun

Indeed! It’s good to see you as well!

I agree, The Places Beyond the Maps was definitely my favorite. Although The Prince of Yorsha Doonย was pretty good in my opinion.

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@jennythefaun By far, The Places Beyond the Maps was my favorite. It was just so good! Then, like @trufflehunter, The Prince of Yorsha Doon came second. Then the ballad third. (:

Yep! They really are doing it!

Buddy J.
      @wordsmith

@jennythefaun

Jenny! How’s it going? Good to see you here… *glances at file of Mercy and Her Shield*… I haven’t forgotten. *smiles innocently*

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ย readersย answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest