READ THIS BOOK!!!!!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions READ THIS BOOK!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@selah-chelyah 😀 Well, those were the things that stood out to me that I remembered. 🙂

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
      No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Selah CJW
      @selah-chelyah

@anne-of-lothlorien

Hm, okay, lol! I will read it again and see, but I am sure there was not swear words in there, or I would not have liked it either! 🙂

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
      ~ Created to create ~

Warden
      @nuetrobolt

That book sounds interesting. I LOVE the Wingfeather Saga!!!!!! Best series of all time! I want to see that fanart!

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@selah-chelyah @anne-of-lothlorien I saw your little conversation and I was just going to add that I’ve really wanted to read that book but have decided to wait because of the amount of language I’ve been told is in it. Some day though. (:

Selah CJW
      @selah-chelyah

@anne-of-lothlorien  @evelyn

AHA! I believe I have solved the mystery… I researched it a little and discovered that the original version DOES have language in it, though the edition I read had them all taken out. No wonder this did not make any sense. 😀 Well, in that case, I can tell you what version I read if you DO want to read a non-language-filled version. I thought it was pretty amazing and thought-provoking, but am glad to know that I can’t recommend just any version. 🙂

~ Created to create ~

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@selah-chelyah Woah, interesting. Do you have a link to the book that doesn’t have language?

Grace
      @h-jones

Aghhhh, yes. I haven’t read the Giver in a while, but I remembered that I absolutely fell in love with it. Amazing story and just, argh. Yes. Everyone. Go read it now!

As for the Wingfeather Saga, anyone who knows me knows that I get pretty much fanatical over those books because they’re so good. I am currently withholding my passion for it because I’ve probably freaked people out with how much I absolutely love that story. 😂😂😂

Never read Faerenheit 451. If it’s no worse than the Maze Runner (creepiest and most unsettling book I’ve ever read, ever), then I think I’ll be fine. 😂😂

@the-fledgling-artist Would you want me to mail the second, third and fourth books to you? I would want them back, but I’m not reading them at the moment because I actually don’t have the first one. Weirdly enough. 😂😂 (My uncle lent me the first one and I couldn’t get enough, so I bought the rest 😉)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Grace.

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Selah CJW
        @selah-chelyah

@evelyn  @h-jones

Here is the version I have, without any of the language in it: 🙂

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fahrenheit-451-ray-bradbury/1115399638?st=SEM&sid=BNB_%5BADL%5D%20%5BDSA%5D%20Dynamic%20Search%20Ads&sourceId=SEMBiNBR&dpid=tdtve346c&2sid=Bing_c&msclkid=3bd7ab6857f11f47a015f7de6d5872d5&adlclid=ADL-600b03f6-6697-4d56-ab85-801026e67703

It looks like it is pretty hard to find this particular version…couldn’t find any on Amazon or several other places. Interesting!

~ Created to create ~

The Fledgling Artist
        @the-fledgling-artist

@h-jones AWW, you’re such a little peach. That’s so nice of you to offer.

… I JUST GOT HOLD OF THE SECOND BOOK THO!! *confetti* 

I’m so excited to read it. I’m kind of waiting till I have a huge chunk of time tho, ’cause I like to read books in as big chunks/few sittings as possible. (Does anyone else do that?) If possible I like to get through a book that size in a couple days. Maybe this weekend I can read it. 😀

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Grace
        @h-jones

@selah-chelyah Hmm, that is interesting. But I’m SUPER EXCITED to check it out!! I’ve been needing some books to read, woot 😀

@the-fledgling-artist AHHADHSJJDJSHGJEFGS YAY!!! 🎉🎉🎉 That’s great! And haha no worries, I do that too xDDD also, “little peach,” I’m crying xDDDD

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Evelyn
          @evelyn

@selah-chelyah Cool, thank you!

Selah CJW
          @selah-chelyah

@h-jones

Yes, check it out! Have you read anything by Eloise Jarvis McGraw before? She writes the best books!

@evelyn

Absolutely!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Selah CJW.

~ Created to create ~

Ariel Ashira
          @ashira

DID I HEAR ELOISE JARVIS MCGRAW!!!! *fangirls* whoohooo!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

PursueWisdom
          @pursuewisdom

@evelyn

About Fahrenheit 451 – I loved the book’s premise and story and characters! 🙂 It’s also a very quick read. So it’s a recommend, but some content issues (although they didn’t really bother me too much – PG-13). Perhaps the PluggedIn review on it would help? https://www.pluggedin.com/book-reviews/fahrenheit-451

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." ~Th.Jefferson

Evelyn
          @evelyn

@pursuewisdom Ah thank you. (:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest