READ THIS BOOK!!!!!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions READ THIS BOOK!!!!!

This topic contains 77 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Michaela 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Author

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@evelyn

Thanks, I’m actually not an amazing artist in the least… My stuff is no better, but it is really fun to do. I loved coming up with all the details to it. But here is an odd question… I didn’t want Sara to be a copy of Leeli, but I didn’t remember if she had dark hair or light hair. The illustration of her looked light. I decided to go with a more caramel color. What do you picture her hair color to be? Sorry odd question…

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@ericawordsmith I basically pictured the whole family to have brown hair. I don’t know why… Maybe ’cause my hair is brown?? XD

EricaWordsmith
      @ericawordsmith

@evelyn

Kalmar, Nia, Esben, and Janner yes. Brown hair for them. Leeli is definitely blonde, but I don’t remember if there was even a description of Sara…

Evelyn
        @evelyn

@ericawordsmith Sara might have auburn hair. I feel like that would fit her. That or a rich dark brown.

EricaWordsmith
        @ericawordsmith

@evelyn

Yes… I think so too. I think I’ve always pictured her with pretty dark hair, but I didn’t want every single person except for Leeli to be dark headed. I thought she should have something different, especially because of the illustration in the book.

Evelyn
          @evelyn

@ericawordsmith Oh true. Hmm. I don’t know then. 😛

Buddy J.
          @wordsmith

@anne-of-lothlorien

Cool! I’ll look into it.

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Anne of Lothlorien
          @anne-of-lothlorien

@selah-chelyah  I did start to read that once, but I was too young. It unsettled me and there was too much language in my opinion.

@ericawordsmith Any topic about books immediately becomes taken over with Wingfeatjer fans. 😀😁

YOU DID ART FOR IT? Can we see it??? Pleeeeeeeeeaaaase??????

I do not think I have read anything by her. Is she good?

@wordsmith *thumbs up* You do that.

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
            No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Anne of Lothlorien
            @anne-of-lothlorien

@ericawordsmith No I have not seen The Gladiator.

EricaWordsmith
              @ericawordsmith

How can it not? When you turn into a featherhead it is a path you won’t emerge from…

Rachel Starr Thomson is AWESOME!!!!! My favorite books by her are The Seventh World Trilogy, Taerith, The Oneness Cycle (what I’ve read of it so far), and Lady Moon. And… The first books of TSWT and TOC are free on Kindle… So… Please, I need somebody to fan with about them!!

Oh Anne… You have got to see Gladiator. It is seriously almost as good as the LOTR movies. @wordsmith have you seen it? I am desperate to find some fans out there because it is SO AMAZING!!!!!! It is pretty bloody, but it is an incredible story!!! The song from the end is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Here’s one of my favorite versions of it (and I have listened to a lot of versions)

I did… Weeell….. I am slightly afraid to post pictures of my art because while I enjoy doing it and can be proud of my accomplishment, I am not a super good artist… At the same time I would love to start a fanart thread… I have a painting I did that I also did that I am actually proud of…

If you really want me to do it, I will show you. 🙂

Selah
                @selah-chelyah

@anne-of-lothlorien

Hmm, I guess I do not recall any “language”. Are you talking about the same book?

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
                "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

Anne of Lothlorien
                @anne-of-lothlorien

@selah-chelyah Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury? I’m pretty sure I remember enough swearing that it, combined with the unsettling feeling, put me off it.

Selah
                  @selah-chelyah

@anne-of-lothlorien

Huh, that is weird…I do not remember any swear words in it, and I would know if there was. Are you sure you are thinking of the same book? 🙂

Anne of Lothlorien
                  @anne-of-lothlorien

@selah-chelyan The book with the burning of the books and his wife who wants the whole house to be a tv screen and the robotic creepy dogs?

Selah
                    @selah-chelyah

@anne-of-lothlorien

Yep, that is the one, though I would not describe it like that. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest