Read and Weep (normal)

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Read and Weep (normal)

This topic contains 48 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Kayla Skywriter 5 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author

I, David
    @i-david

@kayla-skywriter Absolutely, that’s what the thread is for! 😀

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@kayla-skywriter sure, go for it

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Kayla Skywriter
      @kayla-skywriter

Well, here it goes.

He stared at his hands, shocked by the power that had just shot through them. His vision went blurry and he collapsed to the ground, panting. He was a smoking gun, his body shaken by the explosion of power. And then the fear came, fear at what he was capable of. He had never known what would happen if he let go of himself, let a crack show in that impenetrable facade. Now he knew, and it scared him. All the damage he could do if he lost control. He curled up into a ball on ground and carefully folded up all his feelings. They were dangerous to everyone, people would get hurt if he let them out. His breathing slowed and he set up a wall against the wave of emotion that threatened to sweep him away. The wave crashed, but all that got through was a single drip. It leaked out the only hole in the wall, the only place that portrayed any pain, his eyes

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Kayla Skywriter
        @kayla-skywriter

I’ve got this one too, but I’m not sure how to end it.

He’s late. He has never been late. He knows where to be and when; so why isn’t he here?

I can’t believe that the fool is late. He would never lose a chance to “stand against evil” as he calls it. So naive, how can he be so oblivious to the way things are? Not everything is as black and white as he makes it out to be. If he can’t see the truth in front of his face, he’s going to run into a wall.

I start pacing, but catch myself mid-stride. I’m pacing, my heart rate is elevated, I can’t stop thinking about him, all these signs can only mean one thing: I’m worried about him. I, the most evil super-villain of the age, am worried about my arch-nemesis.

I scowl, I’ve had enough of this waiting. If a hero doesn’t show up to his own showdown he doesn’t deserve an arch-nemesis. I start to turn and go, but something stops me. A sound to quiet to be registered, a gut feeling, I don’t know, but I turn around and there he is. But, something’s wrong. He’s stumbling, barely able to stay on his feet. I can smell the blood, and the smell gives my spit a metallic taste.

He trips over a crack in the sidewalk, an I’m with him in an instant. I pick him up off the cement, my hands are stained with his blood. There is so much blood, too much.

“What have they done to you, brother,” my voice cracks.

The bloodied holes where his blue eyes used to be stare blindly up at me, “They’re like nothing that I’ve ever seen. I can’t take them on alone, and you’re all I’ve got. I need your help. It’ll be just like old times.” Bloody tears drip down his face.

I kneel next to him in silence. My voice robbed of words. He wants me to do WHAT! I can’t. I tried that before, walking the road of the angels. Where did that get me?

“I can’t,” I force out, “don’t you remember why we stopped working together?”

He slumps against my side the adrenaline rush fading from his body. His head rests on my shoulder. His breathing is shaky. This is my little brother who is blind and bleeding on a street corner.

“I…I remember,” he gasps for breath, “all the good we did together, nothing could stop us.”

“Until something did,” I whisper. I can tell he’s fighting to stay conscious. “Alex, I’m not a hero like you,” I whisper directly into his ear, “I’m the villain of this story.”

Alex swallows, wincing in pain. “There’s a new villain now,” he whispers back before falling silent.

I feeling a fire burning in my chest. Those monsters did this to my little brother. They took advantage of him, he wasn’t ready. I hadn’t prepared him for an all out fight with a villain. They messed with the wrong hero, and now they’ll meet they’re very own villain.

His words echo in my ears and heart there’s a new villain now. Is it really that simple? Can my sins be forgiven just like that. She died. I let her die. The bleeding body before me no longer looks like my brother. All I can see is Leslie, my beautiful woman, bleeding out on the floor because of me. They killed her because of me. And now he’s dying too.

Sobs rack my body, my mouth opens in a silent scream. The rough pavement tears my skin, my blood mixes with that of my brother’s.

I don’t know how long I lie there, but the sobs turn to whimpers. I feel empty, there are no more tears to cry. I push my self off the road, hold my dying brother. I feel for a pulse, nothing. Whatever fire that was burning in me dies. Then I feel it, a faint flicker. Alex gasps for air that is missing from his lungs, he lives. Maybe there is still hope.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest