fb

Reaching out to say hello…. and getting used to SE

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Reaching out to say hello…. and getting used to SE

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Maryann
    @murphy_mone

What’s up everyone?

My name is Maryann, I am fifteen years old, and I live in West Africa (although currently I reside in Kentucky). My parents are missionaries, which makes me a missionary kid. I have two brothers and a sister. I love dance (currently I am taking jazz, tap, and ballet, all simultaneously!), art, music, books, and my cat.

I am still trying to figure out how Story Embers works, but so far I have only been impressed!

Each day we are becoming a creature of splendid glory or one of unthinkable horror. ~C.S. Lewis

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@murphy_mone Welcome! Glad to have you here! 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Evelyn.
    The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@murphy_mone Hello! Welcome to Story Embers! ^-^ How did you learn about SE? What kind of art do you like? And.. are you writing any books at the moment?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@murphy_mone Hello and welcome to Story Embers!  I am sixteen.  Its cool you do so much dancing!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Maryann
    @murphy_mone

Sorry for the late response, my family moved over the holidays and we don’t have running water right now, so life is a bit crazy!

I heard about SE through @evelyn . She introduced it to me and helped me join!

@the-fledgling-artist
    , I love almost all art styles except some modern art. However, I really like the Impressionists such as Monet and Degas. Also Leonardo da Vinci is amazing! With my art, I do lots of lettering (I’m learning calligraphy) and have a “cartoonesque” style (mostly because I’m not skilled enough yet to do realistic!)

I don’t write books much anymore because I am so busy with school and my job, and now with our move, but I once wrote (and ALMOST finished!) a book about a young boy and his family who get caught up helping a spy smuggle an artifact away from Russian terrorists. That was how I got hooked on writing, even though I like art better. Mostly I help my brother now, who is trying to join. He is the real writer in the family! We have an idea of a Cinderella parody in which the clock strikes midnight and she becomes a werewolf in the full moon (the dress given to her was cursed by her evil fairy godmother, as in old werewolf mythology). But we really haven’t gotten far with it yet.

Each day we are becoming a creature of splendid glory or one of unthinkable horror. ~C.S. Lewis

TheClumsy_Lamplighter
    @theclumsy_lamplighter

@murphy_mone

Hi! Welcome to SE. Are you thinking about joining Camp Artifex??

I'm a Book person, caramel (most often paired with chocolate) lover and illustrating is my destiny.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@murphy_mone Ah! I see! It’s always funny, ’cause you never know if people came mostly for art, or writing until you start talking to them. 😀 I too draw in a “cartoonesque” style, though you could probably safely drop the airquotes, and the “esque” part ’cause just calling it cartoony wouldn’t be much of a stretch. Haha. Is there anywhere I could go to check out your art? Like an Instagram, or Deviantart, or.. what ever else people use to post art these days?

@theclumsy_lamplighter
    Did you sign up for Camp Artifex? I’ve heard that several people have recently and I can’t wait for them to be added!! 😀

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

TheClumsy_Lamplighter
    @theclumsy_lamplighter

@The-fledgling-artist Yes!!! I’m so excited to be added!!!!!!!!!

I'm a Book person, caramel (most often paired with chocolate) lover and illustrating is my destiny.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.