fb

"Ranting" – a poem

Forums Poetry Poetry Discussions "Ranting" – a poem

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

So, uh, here’s a sorta rap/poem I wrote? XD It’s very raw and not my best work, but I do like it.

Critiques are APPRECIATED! Criticism is the only way to improve.

But I won’t kill you if you compliment it. Though I may have a hard time believing you. 😉

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@hgm_barnes18

So, I can’t find the poem you wanted to share… was there supposed to be a link?

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@evelyn

Well, darn, I plumb forgot to put it in! XD

Here’s le link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jpsk67E7iBt8WQgeq9S_URccQtLWbTJ_oARHfvjBC4k/edit?usp=sharing

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

Hedges
    @h-jones

Dadgum. Okay, so, this is really good. Naturally it has that kind of dark, edgy vibe – sort of like NF’s stuff – but all in all, I liked it a lot. Very well done. I liked the end particularly, because it offered hope. <3 A really enjoyable read, especially if you’re going through something difficult and kind of need words to put with your feelings. Again, a lot like some of NF’s stuff. xD

Only critique I have is, it’s a little lengthy, which isn’t necessarily a problem but I’ve discovered that in the era of the short attention spans, people are more susceptible to short messages.

Great job. <3

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@h-jones

Thanks so much for your feedback! (Wow… are you an NF fan?! *tries not to get too excited*)

I totally understand that critique, yeah. I’ll try to work on it. Thank you for reading!

Hedges
    @h-jones

@hgm_barnes18 Ah, sorry this is late. xD I’m starting to be a fan of NF, yes! I discovered his music relatively recently. I think my favorite of his so far is I’ll Keep On. Such a great song. <3

Totally worth the read! I enjoyed it. 🙂

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@h-jones

Ah, yes. That’s a good one. 😀 I’ve been a fan since a little while after Perception came out, and it’s my favorite album. But I have too many favorite songs to keep up with… I think Real is one of them, though, and Remember This, and Know, and Wish You Wouldn’t, and I Just Wanna Know, and– oof, I’ll stop now.

I, David
    @i-david

@h-jones Ah, yes. That’s a good one. 😀 I’ve been a fan since a little while after Perception came out, and it’s my favorite album. But I have too many favorite songs to keep up with… I think Real is one of them, though, and Remember This, and Know, and Wish You Wouldn’t, and I Just Wanna Know, and– oof, I’ll stop now.

*Whispers* And Paralyzed, and How Could You Leave Us, and Outcast, and WHY, and No Name, and Let You Down, and… *Trails off, still muttering song names*

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@i-david yes, ofc. I couldn’t get to everything, so thanks. XD

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest