fb

Questions about guilds

Forums General Site Info Guidelines & FAQ Questions about guilds

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@steward-of-the-pen You’re welcome! Anytime you’re confused, feel free to hit me up. 🙂

Generally the idea of being part of a guild is to be reasonably active, and to participate in the guild wars, and challenges, but most of them don’t actually take very much time. I’d say you could probably still be reasonably active in your guild and only spend one hour per week (ten minutes almost every day? Or a little longer ever second day?). There’s no strict “You must be active every day” and it is quite relaxed, but it’s encouraged to be active as much as you can, so you can be encouraged, and encourage others.

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@jane-maree

Thanks! That’s very help full! When are the next sign ups happening. I sent in an application, but have no idea when it will be… used (for lack of a better term).

@steward-of-the-pen

That’s a neat name! I see on your profile that you like The Phantom Tollbooth. It always makes me happy to hear other people have read that, because I don’t hear it very often. I read that when I was ten or twelve (or somewhere in between). My brother in law had me read it when he taught me how to read the philosophy of a story. I don’t remember what he taught me on the book, but I remember it was an interesting read, I and want to read it again. When I say it was interesting, it was interesting, but very fun!

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@wordsmith

There are two new guilds currently being organised, so you should be assigned to one of them within a week or two.

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@jane-maree

Thank you!

Steward of the Pen
    @steward-of-the-pen

Thanks @jane-maree 🙂

I know I will have plenty of time to participate during the summer, but when school goes back to full gear in the fall, is it a problem if I’m rarely active for a while (at least while I adjust to the workload)? I wish I had more time. Pesky geometry and biology…

@wordsmith
    Thanks!

I haven’t met many other people who have read The Phantom Tollbooth either. I’m glad you enjoyed it as much as I did! When I read it last year, I laughed almost every time I turned the page. I loved how all those familiar expressions were turned literal, like “jumping to conclusions” and “It’s as easy as falling off a log.” Also the fact that the reason letters like “x” and “z” aren’t used as much because they taste bad is hilarious! It was so creative!

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@steward-of-the-pen

Super creative!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest