fb

Question about Fan Fictions

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Question about Fan Fictions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

So I enjoy writing Fan Fiction. I really do. But what I want to know is, is it okay to write?

As a recently saved Christian, I’m trying to figure a lot of this out. So what about Fan Fiction? Is there something Theological that needs to be said about this?

*Forum Signature here*

Samuel
    @samuel

@thewirelessblade I think it’s okay, as long as you’re not writing anything obviously against Scripture. Writing is art, and God created it to be art, but it doesn’t necessarily have to mention him outright to be worshipful. Music, for example. People seem to think only “Christian” music is praiseworthy and anything else is sinful. I beg to differ, Imo Christian modern praise music is a waste of the brain God gave people like Chris Tomlin who can’t make good art simply for fear of not mentioning God. We don’t condemn classical music. I honestly find it more worshipful than my local Christian radio because it is actually well-made art.

So honestly if your writing isn’t outright immoral I don’t see anything wrong with fan fiction. It can still be a form of worship and bring glory to God simply because it’s art and he made it.

No one reads these anyway

Inkling-for-Christ
    @inkling-for-christ

@thewirelessblade, I have to agree with @samuel here. I don’t think there is anything wrong with fan fiction(ff), in fact, I believe there is some good to it. When I first started writing, (about 7 years ago) I was writing Marvel based fan fiction, and my MC was Hawkeye’s niece and nephew. I believe that ff is actually a good springboard for a writer at any stage. You don’t have to think too much except for a storyline but everything is already there for you.

Again like @samuel said unless you’re getting into things which the Bible clearly warns against I think you are fine.

@samuel
    , neat thoughts on Christian music. I never thought of that before.

INFJ, Child of God, wannabe author, writer, dreamer, fan of DR. Who, Star Wars, NCIS-LA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest