Psalm Illustration Thread

Forums Art Art Discussions Psalm Illustration Thread

This topic contains 247 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Eden Anderson 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 248 total)
  • Author

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@h-jones YAY!! Glad to have you!!

@michelle I hope you can find the time! I’d love to see what you come up with. <3

@evelyn Aww! That’s adorable!! I agree with Lin, it does give off a joyful feeling. ^-^

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@the-fledgling-artist @lin Thanks guys. ๐Ÿ™‚

I know you both are good at painting though and I have only just started. Do you have any critiques?

Lin
    @lin

@evelyn I really like the look of it and mostly the colours! When just starting with watercolor I would recommend practicing with how much water to add to paint and when it’s safe to work on your painting when it’s still wet. Because when watercolor dries it goes through this annoying phase where everything you add just creates weird spots. But those spots could create some cool textures too! This isn’t really a critique of your painting though because I really like it haha. It’s just a matter of practice untill everything becomes more natural. Anything you struggle with in particular?

โ€œI've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.โ€

Lin
    @lin

Here’s a little one I made in my sketchbook this afternoon, based on psalm 23. The words next to the illustration are Dutch. It says; The Lord is my shepherd.

Theย Lordย is my shepherd; I shall not want.ย He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

โ€œI've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.โ€

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@michelle I hope you find the time!

@evelyn I love it!ย  SOOO cute!

@lin How precious!ย  That is so sweet!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@h-jones

Thanks! You really should join us!

@michelle

Yes! You are very welcome to do this with us…and you certainly don’t have to post every week if you don’t want. It’s all up to you. ๐Ÿ˜€

@evelyn

I. LOVE. THIS.

It is so adorable! And full of joy! I really want to steal this picture and hang it up on my wall…I love the colors so much! And the elephant…I love elephants. ๐Ÿ˜โคโคโค

Beautiful work, my dear!

@lin

Oooh!! I love your sheep! His expression is just so darling! I love the whole thing so much! Very beautiful!

Ya’ll I am SO glad we started this thread! Not only is the artwork beautiful, it is so good to be reminded of these encouraging verses from Pslams.

Can’t wait to see what you all come up with next! ๐Ÿค—โคโคโค

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Michelle Rose
    @michelle

Lin, That is so adorable!!! hats off to you Lin. your sketch is so cute. Man oh man!!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Michelle Rose.

Michelle Rose
      @michelle

On second thought Eden, I think I can whip out a Picture every so often.

Michelle Rose
        @michelle

I made a pact with myself, pact sounds like it ends in death, I made a vow to myself, vow sounds like it ends in romance, That I would free up hours in the day.

The Fledgling Artist
          @the-fledgling-artist

@evelyn Once again, I agree with Lin. ๐Ÿ™‚ I think it looks great! Just keep practicing. <3

@lin Psalm 23 was one of my Grandfather’s favorite passages of scripture. <3 I love the line work on this one, Lin!

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Evelyn
          @evelyn

@lin Thanks for the advice! That is definitely where I struggle. Sometimes I’m surprised how vivid my colors can suddenly get when I’m not entirely sure how I caused it. ๐Ÿ˜›ย  I should probably eventually invest in a nice set of paints, instead of using the kind my mother bought for me for school many, many years ago. xD

And I love your picture! It’s so sweet and precious. ๐Ÿ™‚

@ashira Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

@eden-anderson

You like elephants too?? *cue screaming* ๐Ÿ˜‰

Seriously though, I LOVE elephants! They are my absolute favorite. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

@the-fledgling-artist Thanks for the encouragement! ๐Ÿ™‚

Eden Anderson
          @eden-anderson

@evelyn

*starts screaming on cue* ๐Ÿ˜‰

But, seriously? How could youย notย love these little adorable, awkward, big eared cuties?!!

Just look at these guys!! ๐Ÿค—โคโคโค

Eden Anderson
          @eden-anderson

@michelle

YAY!! I am excited you are going to join us! ๐Ÿ™‚

I made a pact with myself, pact sounds like it ends in death, I made a vow to myself, vow sounds like it ends in romance, That I would free up hours in the day.

Haha! ๐Ÿ˜†

Evelyn
          @evelyn

@eden-anderson Ugh! They’re so adorable! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Michelle Rose
          @michelle

I’m excited to be joining you guys!!! And yes I’m a barrel of laughs๐Ÿ˜Ž…more or less LOL.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 248 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ย readersย answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest