fb

Prayer Requests

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Prayer Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

Hey y’all. I think our previous prayer request thread got buried a couple pages back, so here’s a new one.

I’m starting my first job in two weeks, being a waitress at the cafe in our town. It’s a super small, nice place, the people are great, and it doesn’t look like it’s going to be a grueling job at all, but I’m still super nervous, because I’ve never had a job before, and now I have to figure everything out, like taxes and work schedule, and it’s just confusing.

Oh, and please pray that I’ll have some opportunities to talk about my faith. I know the owner is at least a ‘person of faith’ (i.e. ‘goes to church’, etc.) but I don’t know about any of the other girls working there. And actually, that was an answer to prayer that it’s an all girls staff, because while I wouldn’t mind working with guys, I’ve heard too many stories about guys harassing or hitting on coworkers to be totally comfortable with it.

@ericawordsmith
    @wordsmith @mariposa @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@anne-of-lothlorien

Oh cool! I’m a waitress as well–and that was also my first job. I will be praying.

For me, it was hard to be comfortable in my own skin because I’m a believer, and all my co-workers arent. And they kinda make me feel self-conscious I guess. But I’m learning to be okay with being different than the world. All in all, I’ve learned alot from my job. I hope it goes well for you!! By the way, how old are you? I’m fifteen. 🙂

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@bama-rose – Thanks for your prayers!

I’m seventeen. I’ve already ‘worked’ unofficially in places that are totally not Christian before, so I’ve kinda gotten used to the ‘different’ vibe. I honestly like it, because it makes people ask why you’re different and then you get to explain it!

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@anne-of-lothlorien

Yeah, that’s true. It’s really caused me to grow a lot. For some reason, though, no one really asks why. They just… accept it and act a little different around me. But no one talks about it. I’m not sure why.

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@anne-of-lothlorien

definitely be praying for you!! 🙂 And thanks for starting this thread btw. I’ve been wanting to do it myself!

Sold souls and dead promises

I have a prayer request. There’s someone I have talked to at out local kroger (he’s an employee) and I have given them a gospel tract. I really want them to get saved! We’re going to kroger today so. . .if people could pray for this guy that we would get saved and pray for me that I would have courage and be able to answer any questions if he has them. . . I would appreciate it. 🙂

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer I will be praying! Have you been able to talk to him again yet?

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

@jenwriter17

No. he hasn’t been working the last two times we’ve gone. 🙁 Thank you so much for praying though! I’m still praying and hoping I’ll get to talk to him again.

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Okay, then. Will you update us when you do get to see him again?

www.jennaterese.com

@jenwriter17 Sure will! Thanks so much for praying!

@jenwriter17 I saw him again yesterday. We said hi. He said that he hadn’t read it yet because he’s been super busy, but he said that he would try to read it soon. He asked what church I went to and what school. We talked for a few minutes and then he had to go.

He’s a really nice guy. Probably in his early to mid-twenties. His name is Dillon.

Dakota
    @dakota

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer I’m praying too. 🙂

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer It seems like he’s pretty open to it, so that’s good. I hope he reads it soon! 😀

www.jennaterese.com

@jenwriter17 Yep. Me too. He’s such an awesome, fun, nice person to be around. He’s in customer service and really goes above and beyond his job. He does things the other customer service people don’t (i.e stocking shelves when they’re low, and going out and bringing in the carts when no one else is doing it) He’s the friendliest customer service person there. It would just be so awesome if he got saved.

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Yeah, he does sound like a really nice person! I hope he gets saved too! 😀

www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.