fb

Prayer Requests 2

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Prayer Requests 2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    E. Grace
    @emgc

@ericawordsmith

I don’t mean to be rude by butting in like this (like I know I’ve done before ๐Ÿ˜› ), but I just wanted to let you know that number one, I’ll be praying for you. Moving is such a crazy process, and with everything else going on with you guys that must be a lot of stress on your family. And number two, I wanted to ask if the convention your mom is speaking at in Colorado, is there any chance it’s the Teach Them Diligently homeschool conference in Denver? With Ray Comfort? My family is attending that conference this year and I was just wondering if it might be the same one. ๐Ÿ™‚

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@ericawordsmith

Of course I’ll be praying!

"You can dance with my henchman."

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@ericawordsmith

Praying for you, Erica! Thanks for your encouraging words…really sweet. I hope your graduation + trip goes super smoothly. ๐Ÿ™‚

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@kari-karast @selah-chelyah @evelyn @r-m-archer @emgc

Thank you guys SO MUCH!!! Today went really well… I didn’t play as well as I had hoped, and I could have had roast Erica by that point because I’m such a perfectionist, but overall it was a lovely day. ๐Ÿ™‚

Now we just have to get mostly packed up tomorrow and be ready to roll by Tuesday evening. *Dances around nervously*

@emgc

YES!!!!!! That is it!!! I will probably be behind one of the booths some of the time (I will not say which one but it will probably be one of the more floralish, pretty sort of thing). I will also probably be wearing casual/formalish clothes because that’s what our family does for these conferences. Very tall, probably silver jewelry, VERY long hair. Keep an eye out for me!!!! I hope I’ll be able to see you there!!!!!!! THAT IS SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!

Is there any way I can identify you? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@ericawordsmith Yes, that was Mr. Wesco. I knew him for a few years, and I go to church with his parents, his siblings, and all their families, so it was especially hard to not only deal with my own grief, but to see his family who’d lost their son, brother, and uncle. Two of his youngest brothers in particular are good friends of mine. Thank you for your prayers.

And thank you for your words. I always need to remember that I’m not alone in this world, that I’m not the only one going through these things. *squeezing hug* I love you. <3

I will definitely be praying for your family! I know how scary graduating is, and I’m not even playing a piano piece or anything! I’ll pray you guys can have calmness and strength to get through this!

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@anne-of-lothlorien

Man, yikes… That is hard. It was really neat to get to hear his story at the conference (especially because I know you). I know that a lot of people there were praying, have been praying, and were encouraging others to keep on praying for the Wesco family.

You are not my dear friend, you absolutely are not. <3 *Squeezes you back because I love your hugs* Love you back, Anne. <3

Thank you so much!! Today we are all like, “Oh yeah, now that the whole thing is over, we need to remember that we’re leaving TOMORROW!!” I don’t have a single thing packed… Thanks so much for praying!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@ericawordsmith

Oh, that is great. I hope this trip goes well. Sounds amazing…and you sound like you dress like I do, lol! ๐Ÿ˜€

@emgc

Hope you guys can meet up! That sounds like an amazing conference.

~ Created to create ~

E. Grace
    @emgc

@ericawordsmith

Glad to hear it! I’ll still be praying for you all. ๐Ÿ™‚

Wow! That’s so neat! I talked to my mom and it sounds like we may only be coming on Saturday, but I’ll definitely be looking for you! Let’s see… I have brown, shoulder-length hair (like in my profile picture), medium height (5’7″), most likely will be wearing my favorite Ecuadorian bracelet. We should come up with some sort of secret exchange to identify each other. XD

I’ll be praying y’all get here safely! It’s been veryย snowy.

@selah-chelyah

Thanks, yes, I’m really looking forward to it!

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

Hiya. So, I have a prayer request. I suck at in-person social interaction. It’s something I’m sorely out-of-practice with and that just doesn’t come easily to me at all. This is always a particular sticking point for me at choir, where it’s difficult to get to know people because we have teeny tiny windows of time where we’re not busy singing. And apparently I’m extremely unremarkable as a person, because I’m sure people notice me (being sort of a teacher’s pet and getting a solo almost every semester, which isn’t meant to be bragging it just is what it is), but none of them seem to have any interest in actually interacting with me personally. Well, last week I actually managed to get myself into a conversation about books and have a decent exchange before break was over. I was super excited for tonight’s practice and talking more with the person I’d chatted with and having fun with the choir and singing and just all the things that make choir awesome… and I was just back to being invisible. So I’m frustrated, because this isn’t the first time I’ve experienced making friends being more work than it seems to be worth, and I struggle to keep friends (not through lack of effort, just people losing interest, losing time, something, and me giving up after several unanswered texts/emails/whatever), and I’m just generally frustrated that I can never seem to develop good relationships with people I’ve met in person. So if y’all would pray that 1) I would be encouraged to keep working at it, 2) I’d have some guidance on who to talk to and who’s actually going to return the effort, and 3) that I’d just have some more consistent success and be able to make at least one new friend, I’d appreciate it. ๐Ÿ˜›

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@selah-chelyah

Well… I don’t always dress semi-formal. XD You should see me on those days… Some days I’m halfway in costume. There was one day that I wore work out clothes and a cloak all day. XD

@emgc
    O.K. If it’s on Saturday, I’ll probably be wearing my favorite casual dress which is black and white striped on top and grey/purple flowery on the bottom.

Hmm… Secret exchange… Well, the only thing I could think of that was remotely clever was:

Question: Have you had trouble with your cello?

Answer: Well, I’ve had better success with my pen than my bow.

I don’t know. XD

Thank you so much!! We’ll be heading out tomorrow night… I’m sad that we’ll probably miss the snow… You don’t get much snow down here in Texas… *Sighs*

@r-m-archer
    *Automatically adds you to my list of friends to get to know better and gives you a hug*

I totally get it… I really can feel like the oddball who is utterly invisible at times and can be so socially awkward… I always feel like my mind is so churning with books/music/crazy stuff that I never know how to carry on a conversation with somebody who doesn’t understand. I really hate useless chit chat and fluffy subjects with people I don’t know very well because I always feel like I’m wanting to talk about deeper topics and don’t know how to broach them without sounding extremely weird and backwards.

I’ll pray for you, I know how that is… And for the record, you’re a writer and ENFP/INFP, so I don’t think that you’re uninteresting. ๐Ÿ˜‰ It’s probably that you only feel unremarkable because you’re not their type of remarkable. Seeing as you end up on the serious side of choir, get to do solos, write, etc. that makes you pretty remarkable from the majority of people in my mind. ๐Ÿ˜‰

And if you get any tips, let me know because I’m the same way!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@emgc

Awesome!

@r-m-archer

I will be praying for you…thanks for sharing with us! You are not a boring person on the forums, just FYI. ๐Ÿ™‚

@ericawordsmith

XD! You sound like me again. That is so awesome! ๐Ÿ™‚

~ Created to create ~

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

Well, the only thing I could think of that was remotely clever was:

Question: Have you had trouble with your cello?

Answer: Well, Iโ€™ve had better success with my pen than my bow.

I’m not even involved in this, but this exchange sounds awesome to me. XD

*Automatically adds you to my list of friends to get to know better and gives you a hug*

*hugs back*

I totally get itโ€ฆ I really can feel like the oddball who is utterly invisible at times and can be so socially awkwardโ€ฆ I always feel like my mind is so churning with books/music/crazy stuff that I never know how to carry on a conversation with somebody who doesnโ€™t understand. I really hate useless chit chat and fluffy subjects with people I donโ€™t know very well because I always feel like Iโ€™m wanting to talk about deeper topics and donโ€™t know how to broach them without sounding extremely weird and backwards.

Me too! In my experience, random deep questions and doing weird stuff together has been the most effective for building lasting friendships, but I feel like just starting with that would be weird. Like, I’d be totally cool starting a friendship with someone by challenging them to an out-of-the-blue staring contest, but I feel like it’s weird to basically say “HEY! Do you want to see how long we can stare deeply into each other’s eyes before one of us blinks?” XD XD XD

Iโ€™ll pray for you, I know how that isโ€ฆ And for the record, youโ€™re a writer and ENFP/INFP, so I donโ€™t think that youโ€™re uninteresting. Itโ€™s probably that you only feel unremarkable because youโ€™re not their type of remarkable. Seeing as you end up on the serious side of choir, get to do solos, write, etc. that makes you pretty remarkable from the majority of people in my mind.

Well… the thing is that it’s way more difficult to communicate who I am to people in person than over the internet. On the internet I can

• hold multiple conversations at one time (with one person or multiple)
    • have time to think about a response before I have to give it (which allows slightly more possibility of me coming up with a clever response)
    • give a general overview of my personality/interests/whatever else without it sounding weird or egotistical

And it’s easier online to find conversations that I actually have something to contribute to than in-person because online spaces are generally dedicated to certain topics/interests and there are enough people around that you’re pretty much guaranteed to find at least one conversation that you’re interested in even if all the rest are things you have nothing to contribute to. In person, if there’s no one talking about something I have something to say about, I’m just out of luck. ๐Ÿ˜›

And if you get any tips, let me know because Iโ€™m the same way!!

Will do.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@emgc

I nearly forgot (will probably disappear after this…) we will be leaving in a few hours, but I wanted to make sure that you know that my name is NOT Erica (although PLEASE continue to call me Erica or Ericawordsmith). So don’t search people’s name tags for Erica… My name is to be secret and NOT revealed on the internet, which is why I won’t say which booth to search for me at because if you knew that you could probably hunt down my real name. ๐Ÿ˜‰ That is knowledge only to be given to SE people I meet in real life. ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m so excited!!!!!!

@r-m-archer

Ha ha!! I had to think about it for a minute at the Refinery (AKA our swing set) watching bats flying before I came up with it. XD

*Sighs* I know it… I think that is called being an ENFP. XD The time I made one of our camp counsellors choke on his food because of one of the get to know you comments was really something. All the rest of my friends at the table stared at me in utter shock as I calmly stated my startling sentence and my best friend was sitting there sniggering.

I KNOW!!!!! I hate the fact that I’ve never met so many of my best friends in real life before… I really hope that someday SE will host a conference or something because I would love to get to know y’all in person. I think I feel that so many of my best friends are SE because I can actually have deep and interesting conversations with people who are as strange as I can be!! In real life I feel like I’m holding back so much oddness all the time… My best friend is actually one of the few people I know in real life who isn’t cowed by extremely weird/deep conversations. We didn’t hit it off really until we started we figured out that we were each others outlets for writerly ranting and strange topics. I loved all your points about how conversation is on the internet because I’ve been thinking about that lately…

Thanks!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ XD

@selah-chelyah

Oh the pictures I could put up here that could be used as blackmail… XD XD XD Like me when I wore that same cloak and decided to try to do facial hair on my face with activated charcoal. XD I love costumes…

E. Grace
    @emgc

@ericawordsmith

Will do. ๐Ÿ™‚ Can’t wait to (hopefully) see you! Have safe travels!

(And I love the exchange idea. XD)

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@ericawordsmith

LOL! Woah, activated charcoal sounds like SUCH a mess. *cringes* I have found (in the past) that mud works really well when playing Indians, as long as you don’t use so much you can’t wash it off. And dark blankets are amazing when you are the groom and you your younger sister is the bride (more like a fellow suffocater in a dozen “veils” and blankets). XD!

~ Created to create ~

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest