fb

Prayer Requests 2

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Prayer Requests 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

So the last Prayer page got buried pretty far back, so I’m going to resurrect it here, and start off with a couple of requests.

My mom’s sister and her husband have been going through a really hard time lately. My aunt had two miscarriages, and my uncle’s mother died after which his dad committed suicide. The whole family needs a lot of prayer, please.

Then for myself, I’m graduating at the end of the month, and I have no idea what I’m doing. I know what I’d like to do, just some different things in mind, but I’d really appreciate your prayers that God would give me direction, that I’d be open to accepting what He wants for me right now even if it’s not what I’d thought. And then looking to the future, I’d appreciate prayers for patiently waiting for the right guy, if he’s to come. I know I’m just out of high school, but you can never start too early. There’s a lot of pressure in the world, even on Christians, and especially on girls, to just start dating, or compromise and get in a relationship with a non-Christian because you ‘can’t find anyone else’. I’d really like to be able to wait on God’s timing and be ready for when He decides is the right time for me to find a husband, even if that’s never, and to be able to focus on my relationship with God in the years before marriage, not on ‘finding’ a guy.

Thanks in advance. And to all the girls out there who feel me, I’m praying for you too.

@kari-karast
    @eden-anderson @ericawordsmith @mariposa @wordsmith @daeus-lamb

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@anne-of-lothlorien

I know what you mean about the dating thing. And not knowing what to do in the future. I’m always so worried I’m gonna make the wrong choice about college or something, and screw up my future. But I have to remember God knows what He’s doing.

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@bama-rose I know, it’s scary. And I know sometimes people do make the wrong choices when they’re not listening to God, and I’ve always been afraid of that. I sometimes think it might have been easier to decide to go to college… then I would actually know what I was doing for the next four years! πŸ˜€ But I’m not, so… I’ve got time on my hands that I’m trying to fill with God’s plans, not mine.

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@anne-of-lothlorien

I get all of that, to one degree or another. There’s a quote you and @bama-rose made me think of:

“If you think you’ve blown God’s plan for your life, rest in this: You, my beautiful friend, are not that powerful.” – Lisa Bever

But still, we don’t want to use His sovereignty as an excuse to just blow things off and do whatever; we should definitely continue to seek His will first, and I understand how difficult that can seem and how hard it can be to know for sure whether what you think is His will really is, sometimes. I’ve been there. πŸ˜› I’ll definitely be praying for you both.

I’d appreciate prayer, as well. Firstly, I’d appreciate prayer that I’d be able to get back to making God a priority and making an effort to spend time with Him and dedicate what I’m doing to Him even when it feels like it’s not making a difference. As sort of an extension of that, please pray that I’d be able to take a break from my writing and sort of take a deep breath and see what He wants me to work on next and that I’d have the discipline and the drive to work on it. And I’d appreciate prayer that my recently-launched book would sell well but that I’d not get caught up in reviews or sales or even my own glory in giving people something to enjoy, but that I’d give the glory to God.

And on a different note, I’d be thankful for prayers that I’d have the courage to start up conversations with people in the groups I’m part of and that I’d be able to build strong, healthy, long-lasting relationships, particularly over the rest of this school year and the next before I graduate and lose my opportunity to talk to a lot of the people I’d like to get to know.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@r-m-archer Thank you for that quote, that was amazing. I will definitely be praying for you! And congrats on the book launch!

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@anne-of-lothlorien Yes, of course, I’ll pray for you! ❀️ The first prayer request is heartbreaking…may God overwhelm your family/relatives with peace and hope.

Aghh, the future can be pretty scary, can’t it. There’s so many choices to make and things to decide and there’s this giant fear looming over us that we’ll make the wrong choice and screw up our lives. Trust me, I’ve been there. I’m gonna steal a quote from Kevin DeYoung in his book “Just Do Something” (Which I highly recommend to anybody and everybody, but especially if your a young person)

β€œSo the end of the matter is this: Live for God. Obey the Scriptures. Think of others before yourself. Be holy. Love Jesus. And as you do these things, do whatever else you like, with whomever you like, wherever you like, and you’ll be walking in the will of God.” I still worry about the future and the choices I have to make, but it’s incredibly stress-relieving to know that when we walk in the way that God commands, we are living the way we are supposed to be.

There’s a lot of pressure in the world, even on Christians, and especially on girls, to just start dating, or compromise and get in a relationship with a non-Christian because you β€˜can’t find anyone else’.

That is just freaky. And horrible! I am so sorry that you have had to deal with that sort of pressure because it is not okay. Just saying, dating/marriage is not the end goal of this life. It’s great, it’s awesome, it’s incredible, and beautiful, but I know lots of singles who are living fulfilling and satisfying lives just how they are.

I hope that God continues to give you peace and that you find fulfillment and joy right where you are at! ❀️ *hedgehugs*

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

I’ll be praying!!

"You can dance with my henchman."

I, David
    @i-david

Praying, Ms. Anne, for faith in God and His perfect plan. πŸ™‚

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@anne-of-lothlorien

Yes… *nods* will do.

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@eden-anderson Aw, you are so sweet. Thank you for the prayers!

@kari-karast
    Thank you!

@i-david
    Thanks. Oh, and I love your signature. I like that song. πŸ™‚

@wordsmith
    Thanks, Buddy.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@anne-of-lothlorien ❀️ Love you, friend!

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@anne-of-lothlorien

Oh wow… I will be praying for your family, that is hard.

I was going to ask… The family that you said the dad was shot in Cameroon, was that Mr. Wesco? I was just at a week long conference and a guy who was in the car with Mr. Wesco spoke there. People were praying and encouraging others to pray for the Wesco family. I know you mentioned that a while back and I wondered about it…

Lastly, I thought I’d share a couple thoughts that I’ve had that could hopefully be encouraging. πŸ™‚

I’m in the same boat as you, in some ways. I’m graduating in two weeks, and in a few months, Lord-willing, I will at college. After that, it is a blank canvas. I could come home to my family, or maybe God will call me to a ministry, or maybe I’ll be married, I have no idea. What I do know is that over the past year, the Lord has been teaching me a lot about trusting him, and believing that his plan is best. I have full confidence that whenever he’s ready to show me the next stepping stone he wants me to take, he’ll show me.

As far as things are concerned with guys… I totally understand, believe me, I really do get it. Yet my encouragement to you is that even though it can be hard, is to completely give that dream to the Lord. I’d say focus on loving Christ, serving him wherever he wants you to be, and find contentment where you are and with what he wants for you at this time in your life. I know one of my older girl friends who has graduated college, she’s drop-dead gorgeous, awesome personality, sweet as can be, and one of those amazing people that you don’t meet very often. She’s not married, but that is not because she hasn’t had the opportunity to be. She just hasn’t met the right guy yet. In the meantime, she is going to be running a crisis pregnancy center in a place that really needs one, doing great things and being a blessing and light to others right where she is and not pining away because God hasn’t shown her the right guy yet. I’d encourage you that even though marriage is an awesome thing, don’t let it sidetrack you from all the things that God might have in store store for you before that.

Also, your heart is precious, Anne. Don’t rush things, you have plenty of time, don’t be too eager to give that treasure to anyone. I understand, I totally get it, and I’ll be praying for you, but focus on Christ first, and the things that he has for you to do now. I’ve found that being content where God has you and joyfully thanking him for the gift of the season that I’m in makes life so much happier than when I’m complaining and wishing that my life were different.

Love you girl!! <3

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@eden-anderson @evelyn @anne-of-lothlorien @wordsmith @ashira @selah-chelyah @kari-karast

Hey guys, this will be short, but could I ask y’all to pray for me and my family right now? I’m graduating tomorrow, and I’m slightly nervous about playing the piano piece I’ve been working on… If y’all could pray I would do well and do it to glorify God, that would be a blessing. Also, on Tuesday we will be heading out for Colorado for a couple of weeks, we’re barely packed, my mom will be speaking at a convention and we’re so not prepared. Then when we get back we have about two weeks to get out of our house and moved in and we have so much to be done. A little crazy, but when all is said and done, it’s fun, just exhausting…

Especially after Tuesday, I may end up taking a little bit of a break for a while… We’ll see. If y’all could pray for us if it comes to mind, it would be a blessing. πŸ™‚

Tonight at dinner after the rehearsal for tomorrow, our coordinator asked us graduates (there’s three girls including me) what one person has impacted us most beside our parents/Christ. I couldn’t pick just one, but y’all came to mind. πŸ™‚ Thanks guys. <3

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@ericawordsmith

I’ll be praying for y’all. I hope everything goes smoothly. πŸ™‚

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@ericawordsmith

Aw, I remember how hard graduation was on my parents for the first kid. 😊 I will be praying for everything to go smoothly! <3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.