fb

Prayer Requests 1

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Prayer Requests 1

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@ashira @eden-anderson @selah-chelyah Thank you girls. Not gonna pretend like I haven’t shed my fair share of tears over this. 🙂

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@anne-of-lothlorien

Hey, just wondering if you were able to find your files…? I have been praying that you would find them and am super hopeful that you did! I have been thinking and wondering ever since you told us they were missing. I feel so sad for you…😥😥

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@eden-anderson No, not yet. My brother still has to look through my computer, somehow, to see if they’re mysteriously hiding, but I’ve pretty much resigned myself to the loss. I have most of the stuff on backup, just not some more recent poems, flash fiction, and editing on novels.

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@anne-of-lothlorien

So sorry to hear that…😢

I’m glad that you had some stuff on backup and hopefully, someday you’ll recover the rest.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

Heyaaaa! I’m here to let you guys know that I’m going on hiatus for an indefinite amount of time. Mom’s demands. -_- But also because I think I really need a break.

I’m going through a very low point in my life right now. It’s been really hard. Please pray that God would give me wisdom and courage.

Hopefully I’ll be back soon. I’m not sure. I’ll miss you guys!! <3 <3

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@dekreel Aww. I’m so, so sorry! *hugs* I’ll miss you, but I’m glad you’re doing what’s best for yourself right now. <3 I’ll be praying for you a ton!

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@dekreel

Praying for you! Miss you on here and look forward to seeing you whenever you get back!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@dekreel

*wipes away tears*

Goodbye (for now) 🙂 I’ll definitely put you on my prayer list.

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Northerner
    @northerner

If y’all would pray I get this job I’m after that would be great. . . I need at least 30 hours a week more than what I’ve got right now and in less than an hour I’ll be walking into the nearest town’s newspaper office and asking if they want me for a copyeditor. . . the evidence strongly suggests they do, but they haven’t put out a hiring ad. Which means they may not want anyone at all, much less a kid who looks like she’s about fifteen, has only just graduated college, and has the sparsest of résumés. But my options are limited and editing is a thing I can do.

@kate
    , @r-m-archer, @the-fledgling-artist (going by the list of people said to be currently online)

And seconding continued prayer for the Wescos. The pastor of my church went to school (I think) with the pastor they went over to help.

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@northerner

I’ll be praying for you.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

@northerner absolutely. <3

INFP-A. If you can't be brilliant, odd will do.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@northerner Of course I can pray for you. 🙂

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@northerner

I will be praying for you! Hope all goes well.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Northerner
    @northerner

@kate, @r-m-archer, @the-fledgling-artist, @selah-chelyah: thank you so much. I get nervous over the smallest things and it helped to know you guys had my back.

The bad news: the paper does not have a copyeditor and is not looking for one, and the hiring manager was Out. I was given to understand that he is usually Out.

What kind of self-respecting newspaper (and this is more than the paper; it’s a publishing company, albeit very small, but most of its business is the paper) simply doesn’t have a copy editor? It would be like a factory manager saying, “Welp, sales are down, better lay off the quality control folks; who needs those anyway?” I might try to convince the man of the multitude of good reasons for having a quality control person around, and then introduce my credentials at the psychological moment :p.  Somehow. I haven’t thought all the way through a strategy yet.

The hunt continues. . .

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@northerner Aw man, I’m really sorry. That’s a total bummer. If it doesn’t work out I’m sure it’s because God has something even better in store for you. I’ll keep praying. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest