fb

Prayer Requests 1

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Prayer Requests 1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

So, I can’t find the last Prayer Requests page, so I’m making a new one if nobody minds. Not that anyone that minded would be able to stop me from doing it because you wouldn’t see this until it’s already done, but I digress.

I have two things I’d like prayer for. @ashira @daeus-lamb @ericawordsmith @wordsmith @catwing

1. Some of you may have heard about this, but last a month and a half ago, a missionary, Charles Wesco, was killed in Cameroon. He had a wife and eight children, and they had been there for several weeks, intending to become missionaries to the people there.

He was shot through the window of the car he was in. He went to the hospital, and he died there. Please pray especially for one of his sons who was in the car and witnessed his father being shot. We don’t know for sure if this was an accident or because he was a white man there in the middle of a feud or because he was a Christian.

Charles was the older brother of the pastor of my church. Many of his siblings go to that church, and while I’m sure many Christians around the world have heard Charles’s story, it’s particularly hard for me and my church. I remember him playing his accordion for song time, teasing the kids, loving his family, and it’s hard to remember those things with joy at his life instead of sadness at his passing. His youngest brother is one of my best boy space friends, and seeing him crushed at the death of his brother was very difficult. The whole Wesco family needs much prayer. Charles’s wife and children are back in the US, and they’re now trying to find a house and a car. Please pray that the family would have comfort and help.

2 – This won’t sound like one at first… We’re going on a family vacation to Walt Disney World in January. (Told you, but bear with me 😊) All nine of our family members are going, and this is the prayer part coming up. I tend to become a little selfish on vacations, to worry about what I want to do, and what activity would make me happy. This is quite possibly our last all family vacation since my brother is likely going to college next fall semester, and I don’t want to spoil it by being selfish. I want to have a great time with my family even if I don’t get what I want all the time. Your prayers that God would help give me a selfless spirit would be wonderful.

Thanks y’all!

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@anne-of-lothlorien Ooh, thank you so much for starting this topic and sharing!  Will be praying!  The first one is hard to imagine.  That has got to be really tough. And thank you for being so open and real about yourself…I know I can identify.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@anne-of-lothlorien

I need to confirm it with my mom, but I think that our family has already prayed over the situation at least once, and knowing my mom, she’s probably prayed over it more than once, but I’ll write that down in my prayer journal, that is so sad. I really hope that your church will find itself being carried in the hollow of Christ’s hand, and even though there is pain, you will all feel his love very present.

Then for number two, that was very humble of you to put that up here to ask for prayer for, I really respect your honesty for being willing to do that. I actually am the same way… and having a quick stride like my dad doesn’t help. 😉 I understand the feeling though, about your brother going to college. It’s possible that I’m going to be starting college next fall, and I’m really trying to take every moment for what it is and live life to the fullest because I know no matter what I do, this season of my life is coming to a close.

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Catwing
    @catwing

@anne-of-lothlorien I don’t think anyone minds. It’s a good idea. 🙂
    I’ll be praying for both of those things. Thanks for sharing.

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@anne-of-lothlorien

Thanks for starting this! Will be praying!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@ashira @ericawordsmith @catwing @selah-chelyah Thank you!!! Y’all are the best.

@ericawordsmith
    I’ll pray for your ending chapter and new beginning too. I know what you mean… not only is my brother going to be leaving, but I graduate in the spring, and I… honestly don’t know what to do yet. I mean… what am I going to do with all this time? And there’s so many things… I could focus more on a writing career, I could take Special Ed classes at college because I’m interested in that, I could take over more of home schooling the kids, or maybe all the meals for our house, I could get a job… but yeah, you get the thing.

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

Okay, um, back in with another prayer request thing.

My computer has mysteriously misplaced the file with all of my writings in it. All of them. Every short story, poem, or novel I’ve ever written is in there. Some of the things are backed up on a flash drive, but not all of them, including a story that’s in the middle of consideration for publishing on here!!!

Please just pray that I’ll be call and that those files will be found. I really, really don’t want to lose them.

@wordsmith
    @lin @catwing

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

I meant be calm. This is kind of freaking me out and I’m panicking. I need peace of mind at the moment. Desperately.

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@anne-of-lothlorien *tries to pray for you not freak out too* I hope you get your writing back!  Yeah, I’m praying!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@rochellaine @theresa-play @seekjustice @valtmy …you guys might like to know this thread exists….

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@ashira Thank you. I still haven’t found it, but I’m hoping my techy brother can help me.

Lin
    @lin

@anne-of-lothlorien I prayed for you. I hope you find those files soon!

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@lin Thanks. <3

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@anne-of-lothlorien

My computer has mysteriously misplaced the file with all of my writings in it. All of them. Every short story, poem, or novel I’ve ever written is in there. Some of the things are backed up on a flash drive, but not all of them, including a story that’s in the middle of consideration for publishing on here!!!

I got a sick feeling in my stomach as I read this and I started freaking out like it had happened to me. 😱😱 I AM SO SORRY!! This is like the writer’s worst nightmare…I will definitely be praying that you find them!! I really, really hope you find them soon.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@eden-anderson Thank you. It’s so wonderful to have people who will sympathize and pray with you, even about things that don’t matter in the long run of life.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest