fb

Prayer Request!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Prayer Request!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

Hi, all! So there is not really any specific “prayer request” area to post this outside my guild, thus it is stuck in this indeed VERY general topic thread! ūüėõ

Would greatly appreciate prayer for us all regarding an accident that happened to us yesterday.

My mom, my youngest sister (9), and I were in a crash yesterday evening (Tuesday the 4th). Crossing an overpass we hit some ice, and did a 180* turn to smash into the guardrail on the other side of the road, then bounce back off. The driver`s side airbag, by my mom, went off as the main impact appeared to be on that side. Everything happened so fast! (Duh, right? :D)

Anyway…would appreciate prayer that we would make a speedy recovery from potential injuries yet unknown, and that the Lord would be glorified in replacing the most-likely-totaled pickup we were driving. We are still in some degree of shock, and prayer that it would not increase or have drastic and/or lasting effects would be appreciated as well. Most of all, however, that His name would be extolled in and through the various people that we met and interacted with surrounding the event, and bring them to the saving knowledge of Him!

Grateful for His merciful hand…it could have been so much worse, and if it were not for that guardrail we would surely have ended up on the highway who-knows-how-many-feet  below the overpass…would rather not think about that! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, and I will certainly keep you updated as we learn more.

The small gain from this particular great loss is, of course, that I can write about  vehicle crashes and the effects of shock. (Yes, I am crazy. All writers are, eh?!)  I would not have done it in order to have that knowledge, but as it appears to be the Lord`s will that it occurred, why not use the experience?

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers…the support and encouragement of the body of Christ is such a blessing in the manner God created it to operate! Will post on here again when we learn more.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@selah-chelyah Oh my! Glad to hear you made it! Praying!!

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@evelyn

Thank you very much! ūüôā

~ Created to create ~

I, David
    @i-david

Of course! Definitely praying, @selah-chelyah.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@i-david

Appreciate that very much!

BTW< what is your signature from?

~ Created to create ~

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

I’ll be praying for y’all! I’m glad it didn’t do more damage.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@r-m-archer

Thank you! I agree… God is so good…could have been SO much worse!

~ Created to create ~

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@selah-chelyah

Oh man… that’s tough. I’m so sorry. You’ll be in my prayers.

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@wordsmith

Thank you very much.

And, dare I say again, thanks for your continued patience in getting back with you?! I cannot even begin to describe the craziness that life has been the last few weeks! Ah…thank you.¬† ūüôā

~ Created to create ~

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@selah-chelyah Praise God for protecting you. He’s so merciful. I’m so glad he’s spared you from a much worse situation. I’ll join in and pray for you and your family as well.

This verse is very dear to me, and came to mind as I was typing. Romans 8:28
    “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@selah-chelyah

It’s fine! No worries at all.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@the-fledgling-artist

Thank you! Appreciate the scripture verse as well. The Lord did indeed have his hand over us…so grateful!

@the-fledgling-artist
      @wordsmith  @r-m-archer  @i-david  @evelyn

Me and my younger sister are doing better in general now. My mom is not doing as well…please pray for her especially. I just feel bruised and banged up! ūüôā¬† Grateful for you all!

~ Created to create ~

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@selah-chelyah

Aww… yeah we’ll keep praying.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@selah-chelyah Praying!

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@selah-chelyah Thanks so much for updating us! I’ll be praying especially for your mother.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest