fb

Popping in to Say Hi ;)

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Popping in to Say Hi ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Kristianne
    @kristianne-hassman

@olivia

Oh cool! It’s the same with me. I write down verses and record tunes just whenever they come to mind.

That is so neat that you lived on a reservation for so many years! And what a great learning experience, even though it has its challenges. That’s great you want to be a missionary. That’s a wonderful way to serve God. πŸ™‚ Do you have any idea what country or region you want to go to?

What is it like being the youngest in your family? As the oldest, I’ve always had to be the one to take the responsibility and do the hard things first, which is so not my personality since I’m an introvert and definitely not a leader! But God has used those challenges to grow and mature me, so I’m grateful for them. But I’ve always kind of wondered what it was like to be a younger sibling and be able to look up to an older brother or sister. πŸ™‚

“And about not knowing the local language, makes perfect sense! The language spoken on the reserve we lived on was Ojibwe, but I only learned a few words and phrases over the course of 10 and a half years! Partly because I was a kid and I didn’t care, since all the First Nation kids spoke English. And if you don’t really try to learn the language and put all your effort into it, I have a feeling it would be really hard to learn much. After all, people I know who have learned different languages always say that it’s a lot or hard work and effort. (I actually sorta want to learn German, but that isn’t happening yet.)”

Thanks, this makes me feel better! I feel kind of guilty that I don’t know any local language, especially since I know other MKs who are practically fluent in Afrikaans (but they also go to a public school here). But I have taken French for the past two years, so at least I know that. πŸ˜‰ That’s cool you want to learn German! It’s such a neat language. I’ve always wanted to learn the Russian language, though THAT would certainly be challenging!

Courage, dear heart.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@kristianne-hassman

I’d be glad to share it.

My username is: Skyerlone Chronicler

Sold souls and dead promises

@kristianne-hassman

So you write songs too? That’s cool! πŸ™‚

Ya, it was definitely a really good experience, even though it was really hard at times, especially for my parents. But I wouldn’t trade my past for any other. I’m not sure where I want to serve as a missionary. I’ve never really pondered that, since I know that God will lead me where he wants me to go. But it is an interesting thing to think about.

For me, being the youngest can be awesome and annoying all at once. Mostly the only reason it can be annoying is because everyone always remembers the embarrassing things that the baby said years ago, but never what anyone else says. Literally, my siblings tease me about things I said when I was like six! But I still like being the youngest, for varying reasons. One of which is because I do have examples to look up to, and then the path I travel has already been tested by others before me. Sorta handy. πŸ˜‰ I’m sure it’s hard for you, though, because being the oldest I’m sure is really difficult! See, in my family, we are all more on the Extroverted side, even though some are more Introverted than others. So because I had a bossy older sister (not really, but it sure seemed like it to me!), and two parents, as well as three older brothers, I sorta became defensive and sassy to be able to make so I wasn’t being told what to do all the time. So now I’m sorta a leader, in different ways, of course. But it’s also partly do to the fact that I”m an outgoing Extrovert, so I can forget to ask Introverts what they think, and sorta be commanding.

Ya, really, no reason at all to feel guilty about not knowing Afrikaans! And that’s cool that you wanna learn Russian. I’ve never considered it, though German has always been the language I wanted to learn. I think it’s half (or more) because I love how the German accent sounds, and I know if I learned it well, I would be able to maybe master the accent as well, which would be pretty fun! πŸ™‚ And my family has German roots, so I think it’d be cool for me to learn it and go visit it, which is one place I wanna go sometime. (I’m also the only blonde in my family, and sometimes I am told I look German, just because of my colouring. Well, technically me oldest brother used to have blonde hair when he was young, but it darkened to light brown as he grew. Mine hasn’t though. They even tease me about being adopted, since the three middle siblings look alike, and then there’s me…) Β πŸ˜› πŸ˜€

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

Kristianne
    @kristianne-hassman

@olivia

Song-writing is not something I regularly do, though I do hope to start doing it more often.

I’m sure it was a difficult experience. But difficulties like that can also teach you valuable lessons that you wouldn’t have learned otherwise. I know I have learned a lot from being an MK, even though it’s been far from easy.

I laughed when I read the part about everyone remembering what the youngest says because it’s so true! We do it in our family too.πŸ˜‚

That’s neat your family has German roots! My family does too. And yes, accents are so fun to try to imitate! I can sort of do a British one and a little of a Southern accent. I love the German accent!

Lol, your siblings sound a lot like me and my siblings! I once told my second sister that she was adopted because she was the only one in the family with red hair and we didn’t have many baby pictures of her. She believed it for a whole five minutes before Mom assured her otherwise!πŸ˜‚

Courage, dear heart.

@kristianne-hassman, ya I don’t write songs a ton, but since I’ve done a few songs now, I’m sorta considering making an album when I have enough songs. I know a guy in our church who wants to help me record my songs, and he’s made two albums of his own, so that’ll be helpful. But I don’t know. Just an idea I like to throw around. I might do it later, in a year or so.

Ya, even though growing up as an MPK were hard, I’m SOOOOOO Β glad I got to have the experience. I definitely learned a lot. And it’s always a ton of fun to meet other MKs and talk about our growing up experience. Whenever I meet another MK, I always ask them tons of questions about what it was like for them and where they grew up. It’s fun. πŸ™‚

Being the youngest is nice but a pain sometimes! Like how everyone always remembers the embarrassing things I say… SOOOO annoying! But I guess I am learning to laugh at it. Whenever my siblings tried to tell me I was adopted, I would adamantly exclaim that “I was not!” Then I’d go to my mom and ask her if I was, and she’d of course say no. Then I’d just smile victoriously at my siblings and stick my tongue out. To this day I like to say at times that I’m adopted, and I once even started making up a back story about why I was adopted. I said my parents died in a car crash when I was like an infant, and then Mommy and Daddy decided to adopt me. I even made up birthdays for my fake parents, along with the date of when they died. It was sorta sad just to imagine. ;P πŸ™‚ Since I don’t look like any of my siblings except my oldest brother, many mistakes have occurred. One time when we were at another church where the people new my older brother was engaged, two women thought I was his finance!!! It was pretty funny, and I laughed super hard. πŸ˜€

Our family has German and Swiss roots. And we have some English nobility in our family tree, though that’s WAY back. As one of our family friends likes to say, we have English snobility in our roots. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰ Pretty funny, I must say.

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

emily-maynard
    @emily-maynard

So cool that you’re from South Africa! One of my best friends is from South Africa, too – his parents are missionaries there and he’s finishing up high school here in the US. I’m going on a missions trip to SA soon (it was supposed to be next month but it got postponed because of the virus)! Ek leer Afrikaans, maar ek praat ‘n bietjie.

So happy to have you here!

Kristianne
    @kristianne-hassman

@emily-maynard

I’m actually from the States, but my family has been missionaries here for the past seven years, so it feels like home to me. πŸ˜‰

What’s your friend’s last name? I’m curious to know because I may know them. πŸ˜‰

That’s so neat you’re coming here on a missions trip!! Where are you going or what cities/towns are you planning to visit?

Courage, dear heart.

emily-maynard
    @emily-maynard

@kristianne-hassman

His last name is Graham πŸ™‚

We’re flying into Johannesburg, then driving down to a little town near Durban (where we’ll spend most of the time). We’ll spend one of the days in Durban and go on safari in Kruger for the last couple of days. I’m super excited!

Kristianne
    @kristianne-hassman

@emily-maynard

Oh ok, I don’t think I know him then πŸ™‚

That’s so cool! Kruger is so awesome. I’ve gone there several times and it’s a new and exciting experience every time! I live in Johannesburg, so it would be really neat if we somehow got to see each other! I hope you enjoy your trip. Are you going to help with a missionary family’s ministry in Durban?

Courage, dear heart.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@kristianne-hassman

Hey!

My older siblings took the OYAN curriculum haha. Cool that you live in Africa! I live in Northern Idaho! I love to write (obviously lol) and draw! I like music also, not a big fan of Christian country though haha! I am currently writing a fantasy fiction book, but I also like to write short stories!

I LOVE to read!!! My fav author is N.D.Wilson! What are your fav books?

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! πŸ˜‰ I love you guys!

Kristianne
    @kristianne-hassman

@beth20

Oh that’s cool! Did they enjoy it?

Idaho–that’s a place you don’t hear about often! That’s really neat that you live there. What is like living there?

That’s great you’re writing a fantasy book. I love fantasy! It has so much potential to teach and to entertain readers.

I’ve never heard of N.D. Wilson before. What kind of books does she/he write? Some of my favorite authors to read are Jill Williamson, Brandon Sanderson, S.D. Smith, Jane Austen, Tessa Afshar, Andrew Peterson, Tolkien, and C.S. Lewis.

Courage, dear heart.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@kristianne-hassman

Yeah pretty sure they did!

Idaho is really nice. Very beautiful! We live in the ‘mountains’ so it’s very wild up here! Right now it’s pouring rain and thundering! My fav!

N.D.Wilson (a guy lol) writes fantasy fiction! Here’s a link to his web site. https://ndwilson.com/Β  definitely check out his stuff!

I’ve heard of all those authors except, Jill Williamson, and Tessa Afshar. What do they write?

Kristianne
    @kristianne-hassman

@beth20

Oh cool! I’ve always wanted to live out in the country. And thunderstorms are my favorite too!

His books look really good! I should definitely try some of them. πŸ˜‰

Jill Williamson writes dystopian fantasy and science fiction. She’s also one of the authors of the site Go Teen Writers. If you haven’t checked that website out yet, you definitely should. It is really good!

Tessa Afshar writes biblical fiction. πŸ™‚

Courage, dear heart.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@kristianne-hassman

Yeah, love living in the mountains! I should check those writers out! I’ve never heard of Go Teen Writers, I’ll check that out too! πŸ™‚

Mayacat
    @mayacat

@kristianne-hassmanΒ  Β Hello! It’s nice to meet you! (well, sort of :P) You can just call me Mayacat πŸ™‚

I’m from Ohio in the US, I’m a little older than Ember, and I really enjoy writing, reading, writing lyrics, singing, dancing and art. Fantasy is one of my favorite genres to write in, and I’m currently constructing my own universe in which all of my works have been intertwined.

It’s so cool that you live in South Africa! I’ve always wanted to visit Africa and see the culture and beauty for myself. I want to travel a lot, and South Africa seems so interesting.

I also love music and you’ll probably always find me with an earbud in one ear.

Kenma: Hiiiiiii!!!!! I’m Kenma! One of Adalyhn’s beloved characters!

Me: *sigh*

Kenma: It’s super nice to meet you! I already love you, and I hope we can be awesome friends! btw, hi Judah!!

Me: Okay Kenma, time to go help Rin finish his part for the Character Story. Say goodbye.

Kenma: Byee!! Hope to talk again soon!!

Me: *sighs* at least he’s the only one who managed to steal the laptop today. I don’t want to scare you off with a barrage of overexcited charries lol

Anyway, nice to meet you, once again!

I do not write the story... the Universe writes the story and I am simply its messenger.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest