fb

Poetry Question

Forums Poetry Poetry Discussions Poetry Question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Katthewriter
    @katthewriter

So I have a  story poem, partly done that i might submit to here, so should i not share it on here if i want to submit it? Or should I , so if it’s not very good people can tell me that way i don’t have to make the submitting people have to look over it if it’s already not good enough?

@jane-maree
    @daeus-lamb @josiah @anyone else

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@katthewriter I’m not actually sure on this quarter. I don’t think having posted it on the forum would stop the staff from accepting it if they liked it.

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Katthewriter
    @katthewriter

@jane-maree okay, thank you!

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

@katthewriter We normally ask for first publication rights (e.g. that it hasn’t originally been published elsewhere). We’ll make an exception if we like it enough, but while posting something within a Guild is fine (I don’t consider that a public posting), a forum posting would qualify for that and we’d need to make an exception in that case if we wanted to publish that.

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Katthewriter
    @katthewriter

@josiah Okay thanks. Sorry, i’m still slightly confused. I’m not going to be posting it anywhere else, i don’t have a blog or anything, so it won’t be published anywhere else except for just my guild instead of this big poetry one. and it also won’t be all of it. So if i did post that bit just on my guild, could the board still submit it if they liked it enough?

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

@katthewriter Yes. That would be fine. It would also be fine to post just an excerpt of it in the public forum. Our only rule is that you cannot have published the entirety/majority of the piece in a public venue where everyone can see it. If it doesn’t meet both qualities, there’s no issues with submitting it. 🙂 Does that make sense?

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Katthewriter
    @katthewriter

@josiah Okay. Um, i think so? So your saying i could still post it on this poetry form, because i’m not posting all of it,  and because not everyone can see it(only the people in guilds can), correct?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.