Poetry Help Wanted…….please!!

Forums Poetry Poetry Discussions Poetry Help Wanted…….please!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    RaeMarie
    @raemarie

Are there any poets out there that can help me? Please? Three years ago, I could get my poems published in books for school and in magazines. Now, I can’t get anyone to accept them. I took a two year break from writing because I was forced to, so I understand if I just haven’t found my niche again.

So, I guess what I’m asking, is there anyone out there who would be willing to mentor and help me relearn how to write good rythmns and show me what is wrong with my poems and how to correct te problems.

Does any of what I said make sense?

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

@hope-ann

@daeus-lamb

@kate

@mariposa

@ajaj2000

@a_small_mousepad

@e-b-raulands

Does anyone know of someone who can help me with my poetry problems?

Abbey Bishop
    @a_small_mousepad

@raemarie

I know nothing about poetry, but it seems like you’re trying to hard. If you were able to write good poetry before, that skill won’t just vanish.

Don’t worry about whether or not anyone is accepting your poetry. All you should be doing is writing poetry that YOU love.

~a member of the great Meraki guild~

Mariposa Aristeo
      @mariposa

@raemarie I haven’t studied much poetry and I only write it occasionally, so I feel I can’t be of much help. 🙁 I’ll summon some of the poetry experts for you. 🙂 @scribbles @cindy @christieaton @sir-leeds

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

RaeMarie
      @raemarie

@a_small_mousepad I probably am trying to hard. Thanks!

@mariposa
      Thank you! I don’t know people here well enough to know who to tag or not. 😃

Sir Leeds
      @sir-leeds

Hey @raemarie

I’d be willing to help out. It’s been a little while since one of my pieces has gotten published too, but I’d be happy to help in whatever way I can. How would you like to share what you’re working on?

"We are far too easily pleased." - C. S. Lewis

Lillian.Parks03
      @lillian-parks03

@raemarie

I’ve never tried to publish my poems but I’ve been writing since I could type Poetry is like my pet I work on novels mostly but then I write poems to express myself… But besides that I have helped mentor others on poetry..(mostly desperate class mates who have a piece due in a few days) with great results.

I would be willing to help! I have a passion for explaining things \(>0<)/

If you want to read any of my work before you decide please let me know!

https://www.pinterest.com/parkerlillian2003/
        https://www.facebook.com/lillian.parker.182940

RaeMarie
        @raemarie

@sir-leeds Thank you for your offer to help! I’m not sure what would be the best way to share it? Email or here?

@lillian-parks03
        I will gladly accept any help offered! I would love to read some of your work also :).

Cindy Green
        @cindy

@raemarie Hey, I’d be happy to help out where needed as well! Your determination makes me so excited. I’d love to read your stuff!

to elevate the soul, poetry is necessary. -eap

RaeMarie
        @raemarie

Hi @cindy ! Thank you so much for offering your help. I have admired your poems for a long time. 😊 Would mind talking over email?

Sir Leeds
        @sir-leeds

@raemarie

Either way works for me. You could post something in one of the critique sections here and tag me in it or you could email me at mr.cainonleeds@gmail.com

"We are far too easily pleased." - C. S. Lewis

Cindy Green
        @cindy

@raemarie Sure. You can shoot an email anytime at ccgreen101@gmail.com 🙂 I can’t wait to nerd out about poetry with you!

to elevate the soul, poetry is necessary. -eap

Lillian.Parks03
        @lillian-parks03

@raemarie

Okay would it be best to talk on here? (I might mention I am not on this 24/7 ) or in some other mode of communication?

https://www.pinterest.com/parkerlillian2003/
          https://www.facebook.com/lillian.parker.182940

Rachel Rogers
          @scribbles

@raemarie What you said totally makes sense! I recently had one of my poems accepted to the literary journal on my campus, but other than that I’ve been indie publishing on Instagram…which is actually surprisingly good for feedback. I’ve ended up with a handful of faithful followers who leave a lot of nice comments, which is encouraging! 😀 I’d love to help any way I can, but be warned that I’m pretty inconsistent about checking the forum. xP  Also, I mainly write freeform myself, but I’m pretty good at analyzing most forms and giving feedback, so I can try to be helpful with whatever. ^.^

@mariposa
            I’m so flattered that you think I’m a poetry expert. *blushes* <3

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

RaeMarie
            @raemarie

@cindy @sir-leeds Thank you! I just sent emails your way!:) I am looking forward to hearing from both of you.

@lillian-parks03
            We can either talk on here on through email or any other form of social media. Which ever you would prefer. I am not on here every day either. 🙂

@scribbles
            Hi! I would love to read some of your poetry! And I also am on instagram! What is your username? Mine is sonny_quinn97. It’s also nice to meet another Rachel!:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest