fb

Pinterest Board?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Pinterest Board?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

@R-m-archer yep. I… actually have just about every culture and sub-culture you can imagine crammed into those eleven books. 😛 The series is allegorical fantasy, but not just focusing on one allegory. I wanted to do an allegory of the Fall, the Flood, the Tower of Babel, the giving of the Law, the corruption of the Jewish people, etc.— all the allegories people consistently miss. So it’s basically an allegorical retelling of history. Every book could more or less stand on its own, but they go together because the overarching story isn’t complete without all the major events that shaped the world to the present times.

INFP-A. If you can't be brilliant, odd will do.

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@kate That sounds really cool! Do you have a favorite aspect of the story or the world?

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Worldbuilding enthusiast. Singer. Fan of classic literature.

@r-m-archer  *horrified stare* HOW CAN I PICK?! 😛

Ugghhhh… *clasps head* Probably, if I HAVE to pick, the overall theme of the importance of the past and how every book plays into that in some way shape or form. Also the amazing colors it has, all lined up in my head— I think in colors, and each book is like a brilliant painting in all the different variations of one shade, and each one is a different shade… this sounds so weird. XD But all lined up together the whole series is so beautiful and resonant in my mind. Everything fits together flawlessly. It’s so… orderly and beautiful.

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

*nods* That sounds really interesting. (And yes, the painting thing made sense. 😉 ) I’d love to read it when it’s done. 🙂

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Worldbuilding enthusiast. Singer. Fan of classic literature.

@r-m-archer I’ll contact you when I’m eighty. XD

ESJohnson
    @esjohnson

@kate ALLEGORICAL FANTASY?!!! Sign me up right now! *runs over to your Pinterest board and follows you*

@r-m-archer
    DESERT FANTASY KINGDOM?!! That is technically my life (and the entire setting of The Talisman, a 1001 Nights retelling that I’m working on for fun at Wattpad)! I’ll post the link to my Pinterest Board here:

https://www.pinterest.com/lamodeceleste/the-talisman-1001-arabian-nights/

Don't blame me if I spill the ink of my mind on your carpet. I just figured it needed a makeover.

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

XD

ESJohnson
    @esjohnson

Same here most likely 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Don't blame me if I spill the ink of my mind on your carpet. I just figured it needed a makeover.

@esjohnson *blushes* I seem to be unable to write anything but allegory, honestly. 😛 Even my science fiction ones have heavy elements of it.

ESJohnson
    @esjohnson

@kate maybe that’s a good thing, cause everyone knows that good allegories are hard. To. Find. Don’t get me started. 😉

@esjohnson lol, true. XD Yeah, let’s not rant about this. That could get… *coughs* dangerous. *begins to plan a blog post about it*

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@esjohnson Ooh, I’m going to have to take some of those pins for my own country boards. XD I added your story on Wattpad, too. I can’t promise I’ll remember it’s there, but I’ll try to remember to bump it to the top some time when I get bored and actually remember I have 100+ books saved on Wattpad. *facepalms* I’ve had Wattpad for probably three years and I still haven’t managed to figure out how to use it well yet, lol.

Mine is one aristocracy run by the military, one theocracy, and about three more that don’t have set governments yet, in addition to about four groups of nomads. You can find links to all the boards here, if you’d like: http://rmarcher.com/books/soldiers-of-the-east/

ESJohnson
    @esjohnson

@kate *volunteers to help*

@r-m-archer
    ah, thanks! Sometimes I get in Pinterest moods (which is when I add pins like crazy, so…) and slip into a deeply aesthetic state of mind.

I think it works.

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@esjohnson Pinterest boards are my LIIIIIIIIFE! I’m a very visual person, so making boards and collages really get me inspired. 😉

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

cowlick
    @cowlick

ho yeah. xD

I actually have a lot of character boards as well. It’s really nice just to get the general feel and collect ideas.

toodle-oop

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest