fb

Pinterest Board?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Pinterest Board?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    ESJohnson
    @esjohnson

Who in here has a Pinterest board for their stories? *raises hand* Does it help with brainstorming or no?

Don't blame me if I spill the ink of my mind on your carpet. I just figured it needed a makeover.

I do! I have a general writing one, and I also have a character board. I find it SO helpful and packed with inspiration.

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. πŸ™‚ https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog

ESJohnson
    @esjohnson

@emma-starr I know right?

Don't blame me if I spill the ink of my mind on your carpet. I just figured it needed a makeover.

luciusbraun
    @theswordinthebook

*raises both of of my hands and wildly waves them around*Β @esjohnson Me!! I don’t know what I would do without my Pinterest boards! It helps me get into my writing mood when I look at my board and see a possible story scene in a picture. I also like being able to find someone that looks like a character that I made and be able to vividly describe them too!😊😊

ISTP. Check out my art instagram @smudge_viel Fueled by my family, friends, and lots of tea.

ESJohnson
    @esjohnson

@theswordinthebook YASSS!!! Browsing through Pinterest gives me so much inspiration you wouldn’t believe me if I told you. πŸ˜‰

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@esjohnson

PINTEREST IS MY LIFE.

(Okay, correction. It’s not supposed to be my life, because, you know, writing is supposed to be my life *cough* and food *cough* and horses and art and music and computers and chocolate and dragons and pinterest *cough* but it is.)

But yes, I have a pinterest board. Many, actually. I have pinterest boards for WIPs I’ll probably never write. But they’re there, so who can stop me? *fist pump* (I’m feeling rather upbeat today. I guess even INTJs can smile. XD)

Pinterest is amazing. 99.9% of my ideas come from it, including my major WIP and soon-to-be-published blog serial story/novel.

Anyhow. I’m done ranting now. πŸ˜‰

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

ESJohnson
    @esjohnson

@sarah-inkdragon DO NOT, for the love of all things aesthetic, DO NOT apologize. I feel you. I totally do. πŸ˜‰

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

Do I have a Pinterest board? No. I have… *looks it up* an even 300 Pinterest boards (not counting the hidden boards, which is probably nearly equal to that). And the vast majority of those are writing-related. There are several reading/nerd/drawing/fashion boards on there, but they’re far from catching up with the writing boards, lol. I make boards for almost all of my stories, a lot of my characters, various boards to draw from when filling out said story and character boards, writing tips boards… There are a lot. XD https://www.pinterest.com/alpinewriter/boards/

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

ESJohnson
    @esjohnson

@r-m-archer you would not believe I ran across you by accident yesterday! 😊

@esjohnson yep. I don’t think I use it as extensively as *coughs* some here (@r-m-archer *faints*) but I was introduced to the idea of storyboarding a few years ago and it really appealed to my visual/artistic side. It’s super helpful for the more intuitive side of writing a story— figuring out mood and aesthetics and such. πŸ˜‰

INFP-A. If you can't be brilliant, odd will do.

ESJohnson
    @esjohnson

@kate πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@esjohnson How funny!

@esjohnson yep. I don’t think I use it as extensively as *coughs* some here (@r-m-archer *faints*) but I was introduced to the idea of storyboarding a few years ago and it really appealed to my visual/artistic side. It’s super helpful for the more intuitive side of writing a storyβ€” figuring out mood and aesthetics and such. πŸ˜‰

@kate
    LOL. Yeah, it can be really helpful for mood. A couple of my favorites are my Dark Queen Rising storyboard and my Dark War Trilogy storyboard (no relation, btw) because they mostly convey the tones of the overall stories like I imagine them. Dark Queen Rising’s is particularly aesthetically pleasing, I think. ^-^

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by R.M. Archer.

ESJohnson
    @esjohnson

@r-m-archer they are!

@r-m-archer ooooh, nice! Very aesthetic. πŸ˜€

I only have one board that I consistently do anything with, but it’s pretty huge now. πŸ˜› It’s basically a board for my whole series of eleven books, all mashed into one.Β  https://www.pinterest.com/kateflournoy/remembrance-series/

INFP-A. If you can't be brilliant, odd will do.

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@kate That’s super cool! And you have a prominent/semi-prominent desert setting? That’s doubly awesome. I’m working on a whole desert fantasy region, so it’s super cool to find someone else who has something like that, too. πŸ™‚ What’s your series about?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest