fb

*peeks out of shadows*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *peeks out of shadows*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

Hi there! I’m Ariella Newheart, an avid reader and writer who hails from the world of Reimira. I love the fantasy genre, but I’ve also written a few science fiction stories. My favorite authors include Jaye L. Knight, Andrew Peterson, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Christopher Paolini. It’s so awesome to finally join the Story Embers forum! 😀

Writer, illustrator, Parimi Alcan

Check out my new blog! https://arbitraryfairy.wordpress.com/

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

Welcome to the site, @ariella-newheart! What’s the premise of your current work-in-progress?

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Aimie
    @ajaj2000

@ariella-newheart

Hey, Ariella I just wanted to say welcome to Story Embers! I’m Aimie a fantasy writer and reader that hails from Australia.

By any chance are you part of a guild? I’m in Erekdale!

Also, what are you working on? Is Reimira the world it takes place in?

At the moment I’m working on two fantasy novels (that both may or may not be part of a series) called The Key of Solaris and For Feynor (Sorry for the quickly thought up title couldn’t call it a number could I? :P)

Aislinn Mollisong
    @aislinn-mollisong

ARIELLAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! You’re finally HERE!!!!! I’m so excited PLEASE TELL ME YOU’RE AN AVENSER!!!!

Also, sorry this is so late. Funawa and such, you know.

@ariella-newheart

Hero with an overactive imagination

Silverclaw
    @silverclaw-bonnetfolly

ARI!!!!! AISLINN!! Yay we’re all here together.

@ariella-newheart
    @aislinn-mollisong

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Silverclaw.

Nola? AZELINE!!! For ChristWard!

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@josiah Hello! I’m working on editing my 5 book fantasy series. It’s about a girl who is battered by various trials and sorrows that test her faith and threaten to embitter her. First she watches her village burn and learns of the death of her parents, and then she and her brother must flee from everything they have ever known and begin life anew in an unknown place. She begins to struggle with questions about her faith and her origin. The series follows her through her journey as she attempts to discover more about her past and what made her who she is. The theme of the story is hope, and the MC learns that even when all seems lost, there is still a dim flicker of hope in the darkness.

This story is my precious. I think I may take a break from it to finish one of my short stories for the contest. 😀

@ajaj2000
    Hiya! Nice to meet you, Aimie! See above for the description of my WIP. Yes, Reimira is the world that the story takes place in! I’m still trying to find out more about the guilds but I will sign up soon. Hopefully by this weekend. 😛 (This answers your question, @aislinn-mollisong. BTW HIIIII!!!!)

@silverclaw-bonnetfolly
    Hi, Silver! What are you working on these days? Did anything come of the allegory story?

Silverclaw
    @silverclaw-bonnetfolly

My trilogy. I don’t remember if I told you about it or not, I know I told Xonos. A little came from the allegory but I haven’t really been working on it just because I’ve been working on the trilogy.

@ariella-newheart

Also I’ve been wondering about this guild thing too. @Josiah @daeus-lamb can one of you explain what the guilds are?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Silverclaw. Reason: I can't tag

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

@ariella-newheart Wow; am I reading correctly that you’ve written all five books in that series? How long are they?

@silverclaw-bonnetfolly
    (and Ariella): The guilds are basically the concept of small writing groups applied to a forum. Large forums with hundreds of users can be overwhelming and hard to form strong connections, so we’ve created sub-Guilds of 15-25 members where people can connect on a more personal level, compete against other Guilds, and enjoy the benefits of both a large group & small group atmosphere on this forum.

We should have a page about the Guilds on the site in the next couple weeks (it’s on my to-do list) explaining what they are and how to join them… In the meantime, if you go to the “Announcements’ section of the forum, you should find Daeus’ posts explaining how to do so. 🙂

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@silverclaw-bonnetfolly I don’t think you have told me about that. What’s this trilogy about? How far into it are you? 🙂

@josiah
    Technically I’ve only written 4 and 3/4 since I’m still trying to work out the ending of the series. Each book is around 100K words long. Yeah, I write a lot. 😛

Thank you for the information! The guilds sound fun. 😀

Silverclaw
    @silverclaw-bonnetfolly

Thanks @josiah!

@ariella-newheart
    The first one is set in 1236. Daria has come home after seeing an old friend she hadn’t seen in three years, but everything at home is not as it seems. With her families lives in danger of never waking again, Daria has to leave and find a way to help them with a baby dragon, her sisters betrothed and a man she never hoped to see again. Will Daria be able to wake her family or will the world burn around her.

The second is set around the Great Chicago fire and the third is our time.

Lady Iliara
    @lady-iliara

@ariella-newheart YEAAHHHH *comes in with a flying kick*

You’re here! Woot! And @silverclaw-bonnetfolly! I must’ve missed your entrance! *high-fives*

I am a Saxon Scribe of New Wessex. *proud head tilt* We even have a coat of arms…

YAK. 😏

ENFJ, Aethasian, and chocolate-Pringle-nerd-blob of epic. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Coralie
    @corkybookworm

@ariella-newheart Hello!! So, I had to chime in with a few short thoughts:

1. Christopher Paolini! YAS! I LOVE Eragon!

2. Your WIP sounds amazing!

3. Whoa…you’ve completed nearly 500K words in over four novels. Wow. That. Is. Awesome. Kudos and congrats on the great progress!

GraceBought
    https://gracebought.wordpress.com/

Silverclaw
    @silverclaw-bonnetfolly

@lady-iliara *hesitantly high-fives* *whispers* I didn’t make an entrance….. *covers face with blanket*

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

@ariella-newheart

HEY HEY HEEYYYYYYY, Ari! (I remembered to tag you this time!!)

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

Aimie
    @ajaj2000

@ariella-newheart

Hey, Ariella 🙂

Your story sounds cool 😀

How’s the guild plan going?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest