fb

Outline for short story

Forums Fiction Plotting Outline for short story

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Beth Darlene
    @beth20

Hello fellow writers!

So, I am writing a short story it’s called Ashton and Estella for now. Haven’t come up with something better haha.

But anyway, I have an outline written out and I was wondering if I could get some eyes on it and see if it’s any good.

Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X23QV8hvrZIATvzhAFg6hzx5Z4qS1v5SCBsUGFJldKI/edit?usp=sharing Feel free to comment on the document =)

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I love you guys!

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

Tagging a couple of people, don’t feel pressured though. @kimlikesart @purpleturtle @olivia

Erynne
    @erynne

@beth20

I wasn’t tagged but I can give you opinion ๐Ÿ˜‰

I really like it!!! The suspense is really cool, and everything seems very well thought out. It’s definitely one I would read if I were to see it around somewhere. Also, I really like the names!

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by Erynne.

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@erynne Thank you! If I ever post snippets, do you want me to tag you?

Erynne
    @erynne

@beth20

Yes!! For sure! Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@erynne Okay, sounds good!

Zee
    @zee

I like the idea for your story, @beth20. I think it could be quite good.

A few thoughts/questions…

What’s the setting? I’m assuming ancient or Medieval times, due to the presence of an Earl, but may be wrong.

Why does Ashton live with the Malum Draco? Is he the son of one of the members, or is he someone they’ve kidnapped and plan to sell? If his best friend was killed for defiance, it seems they might sell him on as quickly as possible to avoid that happening in his case, too.

If Estella’s parents are aware that she occasionally sneaks out without her bodyguard, why aren’t they panicking? Grounding her? Or do they not consider the potential threat that serious?

If the Malum Draco want Ashton back so badly they’d kidnap someone else from the place he’s staying in order to get him, why can’t/don’t they just kidnap him?

I’d like to see what you come up with, too, so please do share when you’re ready!

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

Whatโ€™s the setting? Iโ€™m assuming ancient or Medieval times, due to the presence of an Earl, but may be wrong.

Yes. It’s Medieval time.

Why does Ashton live with the Malum Draco?

He was one of the children being trafficked.

If his best friend was killed for defiance, it seems they might sell him on as quickly as possible to avoid that happening in his case, too.

Yeah…except in one of the scenes that I wrote his friend is being harassed bc he won’t give one of the guards his necklace, Ashton is trying to get Elden to give it to them. So wasn’t really visibly defiant.

If Estellaโ€™s parents are aware that she occasionally sneaks out without her bodyguard, why arenโ€™t they panicking? Grounding her? Or do they not consider the potential threat that serious?

That is a good question…I’ll think about that lol

If the Malum Draco want Ashton back so badly theyโ€™d kidnap someone else from the place heโ€™s staying in order to get him, why canโ€™t/donโ€™t they just kidnap him?

Well, I thought bc he’s so paranoid and fearful they wouldn’t get a chance. But Estella is always confident and careless that she’d be easier to capture.

Iโ€™d like to see what you come up with, too, so please do share when youโ€™re ready!

Thank you! I will!

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

@beth20 Thanks for tagging me! Also, you probably need to add more background to Ashton and Eldin. Where did they come from? Do they have parents? How did they get captured?

"It is not the strength of the body that counts but the strength of the spirit" ~ J.R.R. Tolkein

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@purpleturtle Okay! Thanks for reading!

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

@beth20 No problem!

"It is not the strength of the body that counts but the strength of the spirit" ~ J.R.R. Tolkein

@beth20

I left some comments on your outline. About plot and such. ๐Ÿ™‚

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@olivia Hey! Thank you, I saw them!

@beth20 Awesome! I like the story idea. ๐Ÿ™‚

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

I like the story idea.

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest