fb

Of Vigilantes and Valor

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Of Vigilantes and Valor

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@pursurwisdom</p>
    Thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚ Finally…someone who doesn’t hate Robin Hood.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@skye

By the way, thanks for the great question!

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." ~Th.Jefferson

Chalice
    @chalice

@skye

“valยทiant /หˆvalyษ™nt/ adjective

possessing or showing courage or determination.”

Yeah… Sir Percy. ๐Ÿ™‚

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    โ€œCreativity takes courageโ€ -Henri Matisse

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@eden-anderson

Which film version of Robin is your favorite?

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." ~Th.Jefferson

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@pursuewisdom

Uh…hehe…I’ve never actually seen any of the film versions. ๐Ÿ˜› Does that mean I can’t be a true fan?? *cries*

I’ve only read the book, the Paul Creswick one…which I LOVE!!!

Which film version is your favorite?

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@eden-anderson

No noย  of course you are a true fan!! Im a mirror opposite, since I’ve seen multiple film versions but haven’t read an actual unabridged book. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll put Creswick on my TBR list. ๐Ÿ™‚ Do you have a particular (like illustrated ed.) you like? If so, ISBN please?

I favor 2010 Russell Crowe and 1938 Errol Flynn. (I’ve also seen Patrick Bergin 1991 and Kevin Costner 1991 called Prince of Thieves but those are not as good.)

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@pursewisdom

*sighs with relief*

Okay, yes… one edition of Robin Hood written by Paul Creswick is illustrated by Scribner Classics. And Scribner Classics has the BEST illustrations!!! I love them…but then again that’s just personal opinion. ๐Ÿ˜€

Wow…you’ve seen a lot of film versions! But then again there are a lot. ๐Ÿ˜€

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@eden-anderson

So I thought that when I try to tag @theinconceivable1 is hard. Until I saw how you typo-ed my name xD “pursewisdom”

You made my day.

Anyway, thank you for the reference!! I’ll check that out and possibly ask it for Christmas.

Yeah I have, my dad’s a fan as well, so we’ve seen a bunch of versions. ๐Ÿ™‚ Honestly, when you get a chance, check out Crowe’s and Flynn’s versions.

BTW, I forgot to add that I LOVE Dostoevsky! Currently reading The Brothers Karamazov right now.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@pursuewisdom

I totally did not see that!

๐Ÿ˜’ Seriously…me and my tagging problems. (Although that is kinda funny that I wrote purse wisdom.๐Ÿ˜)

Okay, I will look into that some time!

I have never actually read any of Dostoevsky works…although I am familiar with him and what he wrote. I just loved this quote!

I, David
    @i-david

*Sees “Best Robin Hood”* *Knows the answer is the Disney animated version*

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@eden-anderson

๐Ÿ˜€ No big deal, really! Wouldn’t it be funny though if there is another user called “PurseofWisdom” though?

I’ve only read Crime & Punishment so far from Dostoevsky, and it was SO AWESOME. His writings have some real depth and philosophy, so a high recommend there. So far this Brothers Karamazov book is great as well. One thing though is patience, because there’s a bit of melodrama/run-ons in his prose, as with most classics. But most of the content is very thoughtful and interesting!

FYI, If you need to get a copy of Brothers Karamazov: First is an audiobook and second is text – both in public domain ๐Ÿ™‚ You can also search for Crime & Punishment on these websites too. However, both books deal with very difficult topics (such as murder among other things such as our conscience of right and wrong), so a level of maturity is needed; you can read a Wikipedia summary if you wish to learn more about that….

https://archive.org/details/brothers_karamazov_1002_librivox

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/28054/28054-h/28054-h.html

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@pursuewisdom

That would be hilarious!

Yeah, my sister has read Brothers Karamazov and I think she read Crime and Punishment, too….my dad did at least…and they liked them. So, I do know something about his style and what he wrote about…a little bit. ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks for the links!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest