Novice writers here!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Kayla Skywriter 4 days, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

@eden-anderson You’re welcome! Hopefully you find some of the resources useful :-}

I feel like I know what voice is but don’t really know how to describe it aside from being the writing equivalent of a painter or other artist’s visual style? Like, it’s about being purposeful and knowledgable of how language in general works and using all the rules and mechanics to make something that sounds unique and “the way you want it to sound.”

Definitely start small with the copywork. My big goal I’ll probably never complete is to copy out all of Anna Karenina, but usually I just do an individual page or something before I sit down to write.

I’ll definitely hit you up when I finish the story! The current word war is good motivation for it =P

taylorclogston.com/learn-how-to-write

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@taylorclogston

Okay, thanks for the tip! Wow, that’s a big goal, but way to go…I’m sure you can do it!

Yeah, this is my first  Word War. I wasn’t sure how it would be, but now…I LOVE it. I’ve been struggling with motivation for one of my short stories lately, but this word war has really helped my progress and I am so glad.

May the best guild win!!! (Which is, for your information, New Wessex. 😜)

Just had to throw that out there.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Mariam
    @mariam

Hi there! I’m a Novice writer.

I’ve been “writing” since I was 10, encouraged by my dad and grandpa. I completed a “novel” through One Year Adventure Novel, a high school writing curriculum for homeschoolers. I’m a freshman in college you could say. Yeah. The one novel I want to write, published or not, is loosely based on my life about faith and family. I must say, I’m a bit overwhelmed by all I need to learn.

Kayla Skywriter
      @kayla-skywriter

Hello, I’m a novice too.

I am writing a realistic fiction “Novel” (don’t know what else to call it) about a kid in the foster system. Also working on a short story about carousel horses. Sorry, can’t say more right now. My sister is calling me away.

Bookmarks are for quitters

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest