fb

Nice to meet me (hopefully)

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Nice to meet me (hopefully)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ellen Blanc
    @ellen-blanc

Greetings friends,
    This is me
    Who is that
    Wait and see

For I know not who I am
    I know not my Master’s plan
    I know not what I should do
    I know not, and neither do you

I know I am waiting
    On His plan
    I know I am seeking
    To hold His hand
    I know I am trying
    Hard to see
    What my Lord wants for me

And though none of us know His plan
    We all rest safely in his hand
    We are all trying, trying hard to be
    Who the Lord wants to see

Hello people! First off,  I’m so very much an introvert and being here is currently out of my comfort zone so please pardon me if I take awhile to reply to you when you’re talking to me. Now that that’s out of the way, I guess I should introduce myself. XD I’m Ellen Blanc, but you can call me Ellen or Blanc if you prefer. I love to read and write most all Fantasy and Sci-Fi,  but doing dual enrollment doesn’t leave me much time for either. (I was entirely home-schooled until the beginning of this semester. Now I take classes at the community college) I love to talk Fi-Sci (Fictional science). My favorite color is purple and I’m very particular about the shade. I’m easily annoyed by people who call something purple when it’s clearly magenta or a shade of blue… I love to be outside although currently I have to avoid being outside. I have four older siblings and one younger brother. I love to talk about them, usually. XD My writing usually turns out cheesy and I’m very punny and sarcastic (so that’s probably why it’s cheesy). That’s about it…See y’all later.

For though their stature was not great, their spirit could stand upon tip toes and stroke the heavens

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

Hello, there! I also like poetry, puns, and sarcasm. 😉 Do you write poetry a lot, or just when you introduce yourself? I’ve been writing freeform poetry for about three years now. I tried writing with rhyme and meter years before that, but it just doesn’t work for me, as much as I love to read it.

“I’m easily annoyed by people who call something purple when it’s clearly magenta or a shade of blue…” My friend @briannastorm and I have had this argument on multiple occasions. XD

I hope you enjoy your time here on Story Embers! We Embereans are a little crazy, but in the very best way, and we’re glad to have you! 😀

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ellen-blanc

Hey there! I am Wordsmith! We here at Story Embers are so pleased to have you. I personally like an unconventional form of sci-fi, that almost feels dystopian, but probably wouldn’t qualify.

I like purple too, but being color deficient I probably will mix some of them up every now and then, so please be patient. If I had perfect color vision, I would care. But alas I cannot.

You poetry is lovely! And I do write poems every now and then, but usually prefer prose. I try to have some rhyme, and want my pacing to flow well, but hardly ever get super technical. All of my writing knowledge I acquired through practice, and learning that branches of from that… so I don’t speak the language perfectly.

What form do your stories usually take? Short? Long? Novella?

Again! Welcome to SE! We look forward to getting to know you better.

P.S. I am extroverted… But I hope you find us so personable you fit right in, and can be comfortable.

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Ellen Blanc
    @ellen-blanc

@scribbles

I don’t think I write a lot of poetry, but I don’t only write it when I’m introducing myself. I guess you could say I write a little poetry and I really love to write it, but I’m usually too uncomfortable to share it. I wish I could write freeform poetry, but I always have to have rhyme even if my rhythm is off Lol. Do you have any poetry on the site I could read? (And is there a specific place to post poetry? (I haven’t done much exploring yet))

XD I usually have the argument with my siblings (and my mom), but my siblings do it just to annoy me half the time.

Thanks, I hope I do too. My friend @jessi-rae invited me to join. She seems to have a blast on the cite so I’m sure I’ll warm up to it eventually 🙂

@wordsmith

Hi Wordsmith! I’m glad to be here. I personally believe that everyone has their own definition of what Sci-Fi is. To me it’s anything with fictional science

That’s okay. I just wanted to warn every one of my pet peeves.

Thanks! I can totally relate. I try hard to have rhythm and rhyme, but my poems often don’t. The poem above was one of my better ones.

The size of my stories vary greatly and I’ve only completed a few. (probably only one that’d I consider sharing XD) I’ve tried to write short stories, but they always turn out longer than a short story. I think I’ve written one novella, two stories that actually stayed short stories, and the rest I haven’t finished, but they are probably going to turn out to be novellas or full-blown novels.

(I’ve joined only one other online community and I felt fairly comfortable there after a few months so I’m sure I’ll fit in here eventually too.)

For though their stature was not great, their spirit could stand upon tip toes and stroke the heavens

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ellen-blanc

Okay! What are your favorite scifi books?

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ellen-blanc

Here’s a story/poem I wrote on my blog a few months ago… If you’d like to read it.

The Will And The Wall

Ellen Blanc
    @ellen-blanc

My favorites are the older star wars and star trek books. (That’s probably thank to my second oldest brother. He’s a huge star trek fan (the star trek series not the movies) and he loves the old star wars books) The first ones that come to mind are “I jedi” and “The valiant.” (I think the majority of the other books I read are classified as fantasy books)

That was awesome! I love it! The poem paints an amazing picture of a battle and I think  your rhythm and rhyme was great 😀 It’s one of those poems that makes me want to write a story based upon the poem

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ellen-blanc

Okay! I have not read any Star Wars nor Star Trek… Have you read Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card? It’s and all time favorite book.

Cool! I hadn’t thought of that… Although… What might be even cooler is if someone drew a picture of the scene.

Jessi Rae
    @jessi-rae

Welcome to Story Embers, @ellen-blanc! 😉 I’m really glad you’re finally here! And amazing poem, by the way. ❤

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Jessi Rae.

"How did I escape? With difficulty. How did I plan this moment? With pleasure."

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

@ellen-blanc

I understand that. :\ Sharing poetry is hard…probably because it tends to be a little more personal. At least for me… I’ve gotten used to sharing my poetry now, but there are still some I’m keeping tucked away until I’m braver.

Speaking of which, no…I haven’t really shared any poetry on here, but I do have an Instagram account where you can read some if you like. 🙂 https://www.instagram.com/hazel.stenographer/

And if you scroll down to the bottom of the Forums page on here, there’s a section for poetry where we talk about poetry stuff and share poetry. 🙂

@wordsmith

I hadn’t read that one. 😀 The poem is great, but I especially loved the story around it. And it tickled me that you mention hot cocoa. xD Also, do you remember what super inspiring soundtrack you were listening to? I wanna listen!

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@ellen-blanc

Welcome! I’m an introvert too and it took me a while to get used to the crazy bigness of SE  but its great! Have you considered joining a guild?

Um…a little about myself is that I’m Australian, crazy and a historical nerd. Tread carefully if mentioning historical accuracy because I will blow up in a rant. 😛

Other than that, I’m fairly normal.

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@scribbles

I don’t remember what I was listening to… but the story didn’t actually correspond with real life. I made all that up.

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@ellen-blanc @scribbles *Peeks out of my hermitage* Did I hear someone mention introversion, purple, and sarcasm? Do I have a clone? 😉

Welcome to Story Embers, Ellen! I love the poem you shared! 💜 You’re the only person here who has introduced herself with a poem, so kudos for being creative. 👍🏻

Since no one has asked you the pivotal question yet, what personality type are you? I’m an INFJ who tests as an INTJ when I’m stressed or have spent too much time editing and running my brain in analytical mode. 😛 You’ll find that the halls of SE are packed with introverts, so you should feel right at home.

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

@wordsmith

Oh. Well, it’s still a neat way to share a poem, even if you made it all up. 😛

@briannastorm
    @ellen-blanc

Oh, yes! People love their MBTI conversations around here, haha! I’m an INFJ, but I’m very outgoing and talkative with people I like…such that some of them don’t quite believe I’m an introvert. *shakes head and smirks*

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@scribbles

Yeah!

@briannastorm
     @ellen-blanc @scribbles

While were at it… I am an ENTJ (though it’s close between J and P). Honestly I’ve never put much into those titles, but I guess it’s how people communicate around here, and it’s interesting to here people’s perspectives.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest