fb

New Plot Announcement!!!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions New Plot Announcement!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Erynne
    @erynne

@Joelle-stone

*”I. LOVE. LITTLE. WOMEN. Which version is your favorite? I like almost anything. I love musicals like Mamma Mia and Greatest Showman I love chick flicks like Titanic and Selena I love comedies like Princess Diaries and Mall Cop and I love pretty much all Disney movies I can’t even give you examples because there are so many. That’s a lie I love the 2019 Cinderella and Frozen. I’m a little kid ok?”*

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Erynne
    @erynne

I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT TWILIGHT AND THE HUNGER GAMES AND HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Erynne.

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

I’ve only seen Cinderella and Frozen out of the ones you mentioned. XDDDD But my fav. Little Women version is one of the oldest (not the most recent, for sure). IDR what year… :/ BUT WE SHOULD WATCH THAT!

https://thepeninspired.wordpress.com

Erynne
    @erynne

@Joelle-stone

*rethinks entire life* Ok yes I agree little women it is. I didn’t like the new one either. I did like Aunt March and Meg a lot better tho. Do you know if it’s the 1994 version? It’s got Kirsten Dunst in it (Mary Jane from spider man if that helps any but prolly not lol) that’s my favorite one

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

*has no clue and can’t check ’cause I’m on the wrong device XD* That sounds about the right time period, though… *considers* They sing “For the Beauty of the Earth” though! *facepalms*

(And unfortunately, that doesn’t help. XDDDD I haven’t seen Spiderman yet (am working on it). :P)

https://thepeninspired.wordpress.com

Erynne
    @erynne

@joelle-stone

Well it’s the older Spiderman. I haven’t seen the new ones yet. You’ll have to let me know if you find out if that’s your favorite lol

Isaiah
    @allertingthbs

Seems I’m a little late to the party on this. At least I have some info to work with here, so I’ll do my best.

@erynne

Reading through what you have described, it sounds like the only thing standing in the way of the bad people (henceforth referred to as the Bads) are the Christian Sons of Liberty family (henceforth yada yada the Family). And only that family, which is why the virus was made to wipe them from the map. This can be an engaging plot, with a couple things to think about.

Why is the Family the only ones left who follow teachings that differ from the Bads’ way? Were other families and their teachings erased already? What specifically are the teachings that people accepted from the Bads, that prevent liberty and Christianity and arms bearing (I’m assuming that this becomes a large point in the story, as it was the solution for an economic crash)

You had said that this is going to be a thriller/mystery novel. There is certainly an excellent framework for it set up, and many of the elements can lend themselves nicely to it. I think that it might be difficult to work everything into a book and still keep a mystery feel. Were you planning on using something closer to a Bond thriller style, where a nefarious plot is uncovered kinda quickly and hijinks are used to confront the evil-doers? I know you had mentioned you wanted to split it into two books, the first being discovery and the second being reaction. Even just putting all this into the first book might make things feel forced or rushed. Perhaps save some of the “big juicy bits” for the second book. Just a thought.

I’ll be interested to follow how your project goes, and where you decide to take some of these plot threads. If you’re careful, you could have an engaging plot with social commentary about our post-COVID world and what the two political parties are doing to “win their people” over. I assume that these are the things you intend the reader to think about as the things that the Family hold as values are thought of as “belonging to one political party in America.”

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"
    -Quipmaster 2005

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Me: *checks junk mail*

*30 notifs pop up from SE New Plot Announcement Topic*

Me: Welp.

Also Me: *sees I was tagged in something* Oops.

*Reads what I was tagged in*
    *O_o*

Yall the page numbers for this topic has grown from 2 to 4 in my absence. I feel spammed. XD

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Erynne
    @erynne

Well then tell me your thoughts now that you’re back and alive, Emu XD

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Lol I pop on but XD

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Erynne
    @erynne

@allertingthbs

Hi Isaiah! Thanks for your input it has given me a lot to think about.

Why is the  Family the only ones left who follow teachings that differ from the Bads’ way?

Ahhh another spoiler. Oh well XD so there are three groups of people that believe this way

1) the people directly from the bloodline and pretty much everyone married into the bloodline

2) a few people throughout the country that have grow to Mr. Dudes beliefs. Kimberlins best friend Libelle has no relations to Mr. Dude but she just believes that way. So there are a decent amount of people like that.

And now for the spoiler

3) there is a group of “rebels” in the country. They aren’t like hiding out in some secret place like other storylines, they just try their absolute bestto be disconnected from the Bads. They have there own backstory.

Were other families and their teachings erased already?

So all of the other beliefs were similar  to the Bads beliefs so over time they have all just faded into what the Bads teach. Mr. Dudes teachings are the only ones that really stood out from the others.

What specifically are the teachings  that people accepted from the Bads, that prevent liberty and Christianity and arms bearing (I’m assuming that this  becomes a large point in the story, as it was the solution for an economic crash)

I haven’t thought about it completely so I apologize if stuff doesn’t line up completely.

I’m thinking the Bads believe something similar to totalitarianism.

And yes the gun thing comes in later

I know you had mentioned you wanted to split it into two books, the first being discovery and the second being reaction. Even just putting all this into the first book might make things feel forced or rushed. Perhaps save some of the “big juicy bits” for the second book. Just a thought.

Do you think it’s necessary to bed a third book to make it stretch?

Erynne
    @erynne

@gbfruitbat

Here you go!!! It’s the first post

Grace Benham
    @gbfruitbat

@erynne I read through all this and your story sounds really cool!  I would love to read it someday!  I might have questions or feedback or something later but I can’t think right now XD

This is perhaps the greatest risk any of us will ever take: to be seen as we truly are.

Erynne
    @erynne

@gbfruitbat

Ok great! Let me know if you come up with anything!

Did you actually read every single post or am I interpreting your words wrong? XD

@allertingthbs

Hello sir! I am not sure If you saw my response to your questions or not, but could I get your feedback please?

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest