fb

New Plot Announcement!!!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions New Plot Announcement!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@erynne,

OOOHH AWESOMENESS!!! WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!!? PLEASE SAY IT’S SOME KIND OF DANGEROUS EXPERIMENT THAT COULD DESTROY THE WORLD IF IT FALLS INTO THE WRONG HANDS!

(Also, no, I didn’t see that coming. XDDD)

https://thepeninspired.wordpress.com

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@erynne

Ooh, sounds like a cool plot! Interesting setup!

titled Blood Type or Give  me Death:

Tbh, I thought Give me Death was supposed to be a joke about how horrible titling books was and I nodded solemnly, fully ready to accept this explanation. My sense of humor is too dark for this. XD

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

@erynne Well thank you, lol. I take that as a compliment.

“I left out a ton of info above … There’s just a pot happening”

Yeah, that’s fair. I doubt I have an accurate idea of what your story is just based on what you’ve shared.

Assuming I’m in the right ballpark with your story as a thriller, you’re probably going to need an individual human villain with a plot or scheme that’s thwarted in the first book and whose downfall leads into the bigger plot.

Do you have a big plot question that’s asked early, directly affects the main character, and is answered before the book ends? If you do, I think you can absolutely get away with shunting the bigger conspiracy into the second book. If it’s more of a to-be-continued once things are starting to ramp up and the overarching, unanswered plot question is one the reader is asking from early on, you may want to just write a longer book which contains the whole story.

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Erynne
    @erynne

@Joelle-stone

I’m glad you like it!

Lol um kinda. So the sickness that’s out has a very strange pattern and there’s a secret behind it which is a huge spoiler so I’m obviously not going to tell you. Anyways what they’re trying to figure out is the truth behind the sickness. Since Nick works in the medical field he is noticing everything first hand.

@rose-colored-fancy

Thank you!

Well it kinda is but kinda isn’t. I plan on putting a quote in the beginning of my book (I always do but I normally invent them and put them in the story) the one I chose for this one is “Give me liberty or give me Death” by Patrick Henry. I wanted to tie the title to that somehow but Give me Death is something I made up on the spot so I dunno if I’ll actually use that.

What do you think of it now?

@Taylorclogsten

Sorry about that, I am not good at telling people what my story is about.

The answer to the question does come out at the very end. She’s looking for the answers to her dad’s disappearance and basically the answers to the weird stuff going on. Does that make sense?

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

So the sickness that’s out has a very strange pattern and there’s a secret behind it which is a huge spoiler so I’m obviously not going to tell you.

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?!?! *begins piling up my ammo for convincing someone to tell me their plans*

And oooohhhh ok!

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

I have one question; where do I beta read?!

To be a light to the world you must shine in the darkness.

Erynne
    @erynne

@this-is-not-an-alien

Awww you don’t know how much that means to me <3

@joelle-stone

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?!?! *begins piling up my ammo for convincing someone to tell me their plans*

Ha! *piles up even more ammo, bow, 50 guns, pocket knifes, kitchen knives, tank, missiles, atomic bombs, etc.” Oh you bet I am

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Erynne
    @erynne

@Taylorclogston

I spelled your name wrong so it didn’t tag you above XD

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@erynne

Well it kinda is but kinda isn’t. I plan on putting a quote in the beginning of my book (I always do but I normally invent them and put them in the story) the one I chose for this one is “Give me liberty or give me Death” by Patrick Henry.

Once I knocked my two brain cells together a few times, I figured that out XD

I wanted to tie the title to that somehow but Give me Death is something I made up on the spot so I dunno if I’ll actually use that.

What do you think of it now?

Tbh, I don’t know how well it works as a title. It doesn’t tell you anything about the genre, even if someone catches the reference instantly. You might make it work, but my first reaction is doubtful.

But titles are barely a priority! It’s usually one of the last things I finialize, I usually end up changing it a couple times since it just takes time and thinking to come up with one.

I suggest keeping a list of potential titles, since your first one is seldom the best 🙂 You’ll get something!

It’s a great quote for the story though!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Erynne
    @erynne

@rose-colored-fancy

Yeah I stink at titles XD

That definitely isn’t my title, it was just a thought that someone shoved into my brain.

At this point I don’t really know what my genre is so that’s probably my next step.

Do you enjoy coming up with titles?

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@erynne,

Ha! *piles up even more ammo, bow, 50 guns, pocket knifes, kitchen knives, tank, missiles, atomic bombs, etc.” Oh you bet I am

*grins and piles up milkshakes for bribing, deep secrets for blackmailing, armor for surviving, and puppy eyes for sypmathy*

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

*sympathy

Erynne
    @erynne

@Joelle-stone

Deal.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@erynne,

*sighs in relief and puts away all my stuff* *gives you milkshake and sits down* Explain! 😀

Erynne
    @erynne

*sips milkshake* nope. I need my deep secrets first. 😈

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest