fb

New Plot Announcement!!!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions New Plot Announcement!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Erynne
    @erynne

Y’all, I finally figured out what my book is about. If that doesn’t call for a celebration I don’t know what does.

Do you wanna hear what it’s about?

My last working brain cell named Brian: “No they don’t, Erynne. Get lost nobody cares”

Me: “be quiet Brian I wasn’t talking to you”

Brian: “you’re literally talking to yourself right now, do you honestly think they want to hear anything that comes from you?”

Me: “you keeping thinking like that you’ll be the next brain cell to go”

Brian: “hurts you more than it hurts me”

Me: “would you stop reminding me and let me tell this plot”

Brian: ” don’t say I didn’t warn you”

Plot for Erynne Can’t Share My Last Name’s book possibly titled Blood Type or Give  me Death:

All is well in Kimberlin’s world. She just started her first job, her sister is expecting a baby boy, and her brother-in-law just graduated from med school.

The end!

Lol you saw that coming…

After a strange and very random bombing in a nearby city, everything goes crazy. Prices skyrocket and people go insane. The solution a wealthy business owner comes up with is for people to sell their guns to him.

After some time things start to go back to normal.

Soon after a strange sickness (not covid) spreads through the country. When this happens Kimberlin’s dad and brother-in-law start disappearing through the night. When they refuse to tell the family anything Kimberlin sneaks out and follows them. She gets led down a dark alley to a small shed. On the inside she sees syringes and  tubes filled with blood, but worst of all she sees her dad and Jack (her brother-in-law) working with all of it.

She decides to confront them the next morning except they aren’t there. After no sign of either man for several days they receive a phone call. As you probably guessed, it’s dad. He swears they’re both alright but they won’t be returning home. Ever. The phone call ends with a gunshot after in the background Jack is heard yelling “it’s them they’re doing-”

The rest of the first novel is Kimberlin figuring out the truth about everything and the second is her doing something about it.

Thoughts?

@Joelle-stone

@Emma-walker

@rose-colored-fancy

@Noah-Cochran

@this-is-not-an-alien

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Erynne.

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne omgoodnessgravy that’s crazy XD

CAN I JUST SAY THAT EVERYONE NAMED JACK DIES. I’m not kidding.

Sounds cool though XD

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Erynne
    @erynne

@Emma-walker

IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE TITANIC I AM GOING TO SCREAM. That’s who I named him after… I’m not going to hide the fact that I have a huge crush on Leo. Young Leo not old Leo

Other than that do you actually like it or are you just being nice?😂

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne No I’m talking about multiple other Jacks.

Im being honest lol

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Erynne
    @erynne

@Emma-walker

That’s not fair. The titanic needs to be one of them

Ok great XD

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne I’ve never seen it tho. Have you watched a show called When calls the heart?

yep!

Erynne
    @erynne

@Emma-walker nope lol

You do have a point tho Jacks always die

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Erynne.

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Lol @erynne them don’t, stick with the books.

Yea. Except I have a character named Jakk, and his excuse for not dying is that his name is spelled differently- *realizes something* OH SHUTE Not Jack!

Erynne
    @erynne

@Emma-walker

😂😂😂 sounds like Jakk just turned into a Jack

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne no no no Jakk is fine.
    Bit I just remembered that my cousin and I are writing a superhero story and one of the kids is named Jack. And he was my favorite oneee

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@erynne

On the inside she sees syringes and  tubes filled with blood, but worst of all she sees her dad and Jack (her brother-in-law) working with all of it.

This, along with the craziness after it, got my attention. 🙂

If you build a good outline, I say go for it, but lay the mystery and ominous feeling on thick.

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

@erynne Hey, thanks for sharing the book idea! Sounds like the basis for a fun and intense thriller. The main point of feedback I have is that thrillers like this generally resolve in one book and don’t extend into a whole series, unless you’re specifically writing a trilogy for a youngish YA audience where you focus on a giant set piece in each individual book with the promise of resolving the overarching plot in a third book. Is there a reason your character doesn’t “do something about it” in the first book?

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Erynne
    @erynne

@emma-walker awww that stinks. I’m starting a petition to save Jack. Who’s in?

Erynne
    @erynne

@noah-cochran

This, along with the craziness after it, got my attention.

If you build a good outline, I say go for it, but lay the mystery and ominous feeling on thick.

Hey great! I’m glad blood gets your attention, that’s a good thing for an axe murderer

I am planning on this being a veryyyy mysterious and suspenseful book to keep the readers on the edge of their seat. I love books like that

@taylorclogston

Tbh, I got nervous when I saw you replied to this because you’re really good at critiquing 😂 (that’s a compliment, I promise) I’m sure your writing is excellent because of that.

Anyways, the reason I’m doing a series is because there is just so much happening and I feel like I should separate it into two books so it’s not too overwhelming. I left out a ton of info above. Kimberlin’s sister’s baby boy ends up dying which reveals a huge piece in the puzzle, and the bombing isn’t as mysterious as it seems once she looks at the facts she’s gathered. There’s just a pot happening

The second book will pick up right where the first one left off. What do you think?

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@erynne Lol please save Jack XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest