fb

Needles… Help… Scared… Today…

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Needles… Help… Scared… Today…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

Hello to everyone who clicked on this thread, so sorry to keep making new threads…

So, I’m going to be getting dental work done today (not new to that). It will involve me and needles… And I’m deathly scared of needles. Anybody not scared of them and know how to handle the fear of it? I mean, just pictures of needles has me panicking. The last time I had a needle in my mouth the only way I got through it (already numbed and on laughing gas) was by clutching the chair and thinking very hard about LOTR… I guess I could get writing inspiration out of this, but seriously, anybody not afraid of needles or used to be scared of needles? Like, this is seriously my one phobia, not really scared of anything else unless present and possibly dangerous. Drawings of needles have me shuddering.

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@ericawordsmith Awww! Needles make me shudder, but you’ll be fine! I’ll be praying for you! *hugs* 🙂

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

Thanks @evelyn *hugs back*

So scared… But suffering not alone. *Smiles dismally*

I, David
    @i-david

@ericawordsmith Ah. I have a friend like this.

I’d suggest either bringing headphones to listen to your favorite music with, or else trying to distract your mind with writing ideas. Figure out that next chapter, confusing character, or muddied plot.

Hope it goes well. 🙂

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@i-david

Oh, good idea! Maybe I’ll play Flight to the Forge… Or Warg Scouts or something else calming like that. 😉

Thanks… I probably will do that and see if it helps. I think it would actually, music is my cure all.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@ericawordsmith

I know someone who’s scared of needles. He always just looks away from the needle and that helps him.

I’m not afraid of them but I’d echo what the others said about music and getting lost inside your own head. Like, carve out your own little niche in your head and stay there until the operation is over.

I’ll be praying for you.

"You can dance with my henchman."

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@kari-karast

Thanks for praying… I know needles is a dumb thing to be afraid of, but I can’t help it… It just terrifies me for pretty much no good reason as I have a high pain tolerance.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@ericawordsmith

Your welcome! 😀 I hope you get through it alright and untraumatized!

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@kari-karast

Get through it yes, trauma? Yes, that too.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@ericawordsmith

Oh please no trauma.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@kari-karast

Will try, but that is sort of unavoidable with me.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@ericawordsmith

Well, at least if you try. That’d be something at least.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith – Hey… There is nothing irrational about fearing needles going into the skin. God designed the hermetic seal not to be broken or passed through, and he also put something into our system to protect it. We have to go against nature to say that it’s alright.

So maybe it’ll help to come to those terms… and then from there you can figure out how to let your mind work through the very difficult part. You’re right it is hard… So we’ll pray for you and hold your hand while you work through it. And when it’s all over, we can stand in a little circle (still holding hands) and hear the words: “Well, I’m back.”

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

Thanks, and I have to agree with a very emphatic nod to the first part of that. I have nothing wrong with getting cut or scraped or anything like that, and falling on a barbed wire fence doesn’t faze me… Just needles… There’s something about them…

Maybe it was the time I opened my eyes at the dentist and for the first time realized that they were using a needle on my by seeing a syringe before my eyes. Scared me so bad…

Make sure whoever is holding my hand has a high pain tolerance, it could potentially hurt… They might go home with a bit of a crushed hand.

Thanks for praying too, I know this is so small… but it’s terrifying for me.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith – https://youtu.be/EY-fhfuDEUA?t=80

Here… this can represent you… and any of us holding your hand (in the video… just the few second after where it starts are applied here).

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Buddy J..

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest