Needing Christian Writer Friends

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Needing Christian Writer Friends

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Brian Stansell
    @obrian-of-the-surface-world

The Scriptures say:
    24 A man [who has] friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend [who] sticks closer than a brother. [Proverbs 18:24 NKJV]

Hello. My name is Brian…and I’m an alcoholic…[pause] 😊😁😂🤣

[Mmwwahhahahaha! NO, I’m not, but I thought it might be funny to say. 😉]

My Tag is “Gucci”…[uh…I don’t do labels]…
    Okay, start again…Take a deep breath…Be Serious. 😒🤔

I never wanted to admit this…to anyone…but I find I must.  I need Christian writer friends.  I need you guys.

I used to believe I could get along on my own…just me and Jesus.  After all, once I had Him, I should no longer “need” anything else, right?  Jesus is the “All Sufficient One”, so my weakness in my own humanity should be filled up, right?

Wrong.  Jesus IS Sufficient,…but it is He who created the need in us to feel…lonely, isolated, and yes even sometimes “unloved”.  But why would He do that?!  I never understood it, until later in life and then it hit me.

If we do not experience “need” we will not seek that which is good for us…the best for us.

God created us to need each other.  To lift one another up, to encourage, to stand up for and pray for one another.

As a “loner” who was make fun of mercilessly as a kid, I did not want to think I needed anybody.  I wanted to shut the world out, find a quiet place and get lost in a book.  My friends were characters that were imaginary.  I didn’t need people.  That was for the “weak people”.  I was too proud to admit that I too was “weak”, because I didn’t want to be vulnerable ever again.  I could only trust my family.  Friends stabbed you in the back, when they got around others who were part of the “in-crowd”, and I wanted nothing to do with those.  I would find other ways to be “worth something”, and one day “they” all would know it.

I curled a stone around my feelings of rejection.  I would not let ANYONE in to see the real me.

It wouldn’t do to let anyone know the “nerd and uncoordinated, half-blind son” of the preacher, had such bitterness in his heart, that he despised those who might judge him and find him wanting.

It was once said that “Man is not an island unto himself”.  Well. I thought I could be, and if an “island” I was going to be Maui. 😉 [Just can’t seem to stay serious for very long…I think it’s a defensive mechanism. If I can have people laugh with me, then they may not laugh…at..me.]

Anyway, my point is in God’s creating, even from the very beginning of all things, He did create a situation that was “not good”, and He did so deliberately. [Shocked gasps!  WHHAAATTT?!  Sacrilege! Someone shoot this heretic!  Burn him at the stake! His ill-timed humor ought to get him tied to a flaming pyre and smoked like a suckling pig.  Ham, anyone? Groan of Arc?]
    Well He did!  Look it up, if you don’t believe me.
    18 And the LORD God said, “[It is] not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.” [Genesis 2:18 NKJV]

He said…WHAT?!

“It is not good…that man should be alone.”

The Perfect, Loving God, allowed and set up the conditions for a temporary “Not Good” condition, which would cause the man to realize that he had…a need.

Many of you who come here, have that same need.  A desire to be noticed, befriended, recognized and have someone understand what similar things and challenges you are facing.  Do not be the fool that I was and am many times still tempted to be.

Don’t wait for other to “come to you” or tag you, or look you up.  That is the quickest way to find yourself going back into the safety of your dark and brooding solitude.

The scripture I led with says what?

A “man” who has friends must…what?

…Show [themselves] to be friendly.

You may know what it feels like to be ignored, overlooked, not invited, dismissed…whatever you call it, it comes down to feeling rejected.

But my parents, when I was a young kid, and later a brooding, reclusive teenager, hung a picture up on my bedroom wall with a simple but profound message on it.

“God Don’t Make No Junk!”  Let that one sink in for a second. IF you know He made you, then the conclusion is clear: You Are Not Junk.  You Are Not Meaningless. You Are Not An Inconvenience.  You Are Purposed.  You Are Uniquely Designed for His Plan for You.

Look through the many names who have profiles here on Story Embers. Reach out to one who seems to have vanished for a while or merely gone silent. Let them know they have not been overlooked. Show yourselves friendly.

They may not know it or have come to the place of maturity where they can admit they have a need, but they do.

God called us into community as a body with many parts who each have a unique function and work best together.

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. 4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, [let us prophesy] according to the proportion of faith; [Romans 12:3-6 KJV]

I need each of you, and whether you like it or not you need me too.

God Bless my dear family on Story Embers!

Many of you are so far ahead of me in skill and accomplishments, even though I may be ahead of you in life experience and years. I want to learn from each of you. Let’s be friends.

You can also find me on my Blog at: Excavatia.Wordpress.com

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
    I was born in war.
    Fighting from my first breath.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest