fb

Needing Christian Writer Friends

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Needing Christian Writer Friends

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Bethany
    @sparrowhawke

@this-is-not-an-alien

IKR! Nobody cares about small talk, not me the extravert not Joe the serial killer, not Max the waiter, not Tim the three-year-old! (…that would be an interesting set of characters for a shortstory XD).

Lol, it would be! A story about how no one really cares about that stuff.

If any of that was…actually…helpful…XD. But being comfortable with yourself automatically makes people more comfortable with you so that too! <3

No, this was actually really helpful! I feel like an awkward potato in so many social situations. Your tips were very helpful and I just tried a few of them yesterday and had a really good conversation where we were all talking about things we were passionate about and loved.

"Can't have dirty garbage."

@obrian-of-the-surface-world

Looking at that chart, I think an ESFP for myself is right. But the description on the Myers Briggs site almost doesn’t sound like me. Some of it does, but quite a bit doesn’t. Though I suppose it would change a lot how I interact with other people around me because I’m a Christian, so that could explain the differences.

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

Wow guys, there’s some pretty deep, profound stuff on here. I have to say I have felt just like most of you sometime in my life. I’m really impressed by the way ya’ll are opening up and sharing some of the insecurities of life.

Not all those who wander are lost.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Lol, it would be! A story about how no one really cares about that stuff.

Lol ikr!!

No, this was actually really helpful! I feel like an awkward potato in so many social situations. Your tips were very helpful and I just tried a few of them yesterday and had a really good conversation where we were all talking about things we were passionate about and loved.

YAY! THAT’S AWESOME!!! I’m soso glad it helped!!

@arindown

Hi Gracie! Thanks, I haven’t met a person yet who doesn’t have at least some of these insecurities but it’s like the code of silence we always seem to inflict on ourselves for “protection” that ends up being a chain. I used to never say two words about myself because it was so scary and I thought it was selfish to ask for help but admitting things yourself is the first step to connecting and healing I guess. And love unfolds itself instead of folding in, but I still don’t think I’d be able to talk this freely irl where I am mentally right now, and I wouldn’t talk at all if I didn’t feel kinda safe here on StoryEmbers, it’s one of the best places I’ve been on so far and I can’t wait to see what life has in store for me next!
    I’m so glad you’re here and I hope you can join us if you want! <3

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Brian Stansell

@arindown

Thank you for your kind words, Gracie! Many blessings to you.
    Story Embers tends to be that kind of special place where we meet people of shared passions and a love for The One Who Unifies us, even though we have different backgrounds.  There is a kind of kinship among Faith-based writers, that allows for us to strengthen one another even in areas of honest vulnerability.

I’ve been down these insecure roads many times, and can tell you that God is faithful in the journey and He walks with us in both the valley and upward to the peaks.  Our value and identity is truly found in Him.

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
    I was born in war.
    Fighting from my first breath.

Brian Stansell

@this-is-not-an-alien

Hi Cathy,

I think I missed answering your question before:

What site/program did you use to design it? About how much does it cost erhm…XD?

I just used the Free version of WordPress.  That is probably why it has Ads in it that have nothing to do with the site itself.  When the book begins to generate revenue, then I will upgrade on the proceeds, but for now, I am on a strict budget. 😉

I use Pixaby for the Free images, which is also Free with a few images to contribute to their stack.

Hope that helps. Let me know when you get a Blog up and running and I will Follow what you post there, too.

I was born in war.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

I just used the Free version of WordPress.  That is probably why it has Ads in it that have nothing to do with the site itself.  When the book begins to generate revenue, then I will upgrade on the proceeds, but for now, I am on a strict budget. I use Pixaby for the Free images, which is also Free with a few images to contribute to their stack. Hope that helps. Let me know when you get a Blog up and running and I will Follow what you post there, too.

YES!!! Yes yes yes!!! I can get that quality for the low low price of free! Thank you thank you!
    It may still take a bit (like that laptop *siiiigh*) but I promise I’ll tell you when I have one up!

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Brian Stansell

@this-is-not-an-alien

Cathy,
    I just uploaded some of our New Zealand pictures on my Instagram page if you want to see some of the LOTR movie locations.
    @brianstansell7 is my tag there.  I will be uploading more, but it will take a bit.
    You and anyone else here on Story Embers are welcome to check those out.  I will eventually get to the Barcelona, Spain pics, but it is taking some time to get these in.

Looking forward to when you get your Blog/website up.  Check out Pixabay too, for some cool pics to use for your site-building.

I was born in war.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

ooooooooh I’d love to see those! But I’m not supposed to get on Instagram, house rules XD

But I did look at Pixabay and it has some really neat pics!!! Thank you!!!

Brian Stansell

@this-is-not-an-alien

Hi Cathy,

You are very welcome.

I’m not supposed to get on Instagram, house rules

Always follow the house rules. They are often given by someone who loves you very much.
    Clueless me, I did not know FB now owns Instagram. (dadgummit!)  IF I had known, I would have put them on some other platform.  I’m getting very frustrated by Big Tech’s malignancy to conservative Christian Americans.
    I wish there was a Faith-based alternative.

Social Media feels downright Orwellian…
    I put the “Kibosh” on my Twit account and it… tis no more.
    Perhaps I can link one every now and then.
    Anything particular you would like to see?
    Mount Sunday (which served as the location for the Hall of King Theodin of Rohan)?

Hobbiton, The Green Dragon Inn & tavern, Bilbo’s Hole at Bag End?  A general view of the Hobbiton movie set near Matamata, NZ?
    The Misty Mountains.

Can you guess what this one is? Link to a LOTR Location

I was born in war.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Yes, house rules are very important! (even if they’re such a bother 😇 )

Clueless me, I did not know FB now owns Instagram. (dadgummit!)  IF I had known, I would have put them on some other platform.  I’m getting very frustrated by Big Tech’s malignancy to conservative Christian Americans. I wish there was a Faith-based alternative.

Ikr! Facebook has just overrun everything and become its own political entity! Like most news outlets and media :(. (btw kibosh is like one of the funnest words to say like kudos and discombobulate!). Yeah, my mom left Facebook and after it banned Trump I’ve heard rumors that he’s started his own social media thing…

Can you guess what this one is? Link to a LOTR Location

Wowww Hobbiton! 😍*forget a house I want a hobbithole* <3 Every time I watch LOTR I end up staring at the scenery like there’s so much to climb and explore!!

Perhaps I can link one every now and then. Anything particular you would like to see? Mount Sunday (which served as the location for the Hall of King Theodin of Rohan)? Hobbiton, The Green Dragon Inn & tavern, Bilbo’s Hole at Bag End?  A general view of the Hobbiton movie set near Matamata, NZ? The Misty Mountains.

Thank you thank you thank you! Oooh I’d love to see more of King Theodin’s Hall it was so gorgeous…and the Misty Mountains…which ones were your favorites? Do they have the same atmosphere or do they feel more like a museum when you’re actually there? (I love going through museums except they always have the rule to not touch anything and that’s the one rule I can hardly never follow…) It must be so so cool to see those places!!!

Brian Stansell

@this-is-not-an-alien

So, here’s another one…

Mount Sunday which served as the Fortress of Edoras of the King Theodin of Rohan

The set was built on this elongated rocky hill in the midst of the mountain valley.  The valley is known for its extremely high winds that pass through the valley.  The entire set had a central anchor point that is the only remain evidence that a movie set was built there.  The anchor is a tripod of metal with a shaft drilled and driven into the main rock on the upper part of the hill.

There is a scene in the movie where Eowyn (played by Miranda Otto) stands on the high porch of the front of the Great Hall of Theodin and the White Horse Flag of King Theodin flies loose as Aragon, Gandalf and Legolas ride up. Those winds often blew the set apart, so it had to be rebuilt.

A NZ patrolman once parked his vehicle in a dry wash below Mount Sunday and climbed up to the summit to investigate something.  And when he returned back down to his vehicle, the fine grains of sand in the valley, driven by the winds, had sandblasted some of the paint off of the side of his vehicle facing the brunt of the wind.

I was born in war.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

*staggers in late, as usual XD*
    WHOA! THAT LOOKS AWESOME TO CLIMB!!!
    That must be some insane winds I’m impressed!!! The LOTR movies have the most amazing trivia with them it’s a wonder anybody survived that set and it must’ve had a fantastic view!! Thank you so much!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest