Need a visual of characters, scenery, or…. anything? Click right here!

Forums Art Art Discussions Need a visual of characters, scenery, or…. anything? Click right here!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@erynne,

Sweet, thank you! Do you think you could draw this scene?

Deep beneath a mountain’s icy face, a torch sputtered weakly in the gloom of a large cavern. Sparks reflected off of an underground lake’s black surface before fading. Stalactites hung from the arching ceiling, and stalagmites rose to meet them. Here and there they formed pillars, holding up the mountain by sheer force. The torch was grasped in a young man’s trembling hand as he viewed his master’s dark will.

Trinnus, King of Cities, a tall figure clothed in white, towered above his prey. His grey boot was planted firmly on the chest of another male, more boy than man. The lad wriggled in fright, but couldn’t get free. His dark eyes were wide and blank with terror.

With a casual movement, Trinnus slid a shortsword from a scabbard at his waist. He slowly set it against the young man’s neck, and the lad instantly froze.

“Why are you doing this, uncle?” he asked in a terror-stricken whisper.

Trinnus’ voice was low and smooth. “As I killed your grandfather, your uncles, your cousins, your brothers, and your father, so I now rid my kingdom of you.”

The sword sliced downward, and the light died in the young man’s eyes.

It’s the beginning of a prologue to a book I’m thinking about writing. A visual would be really nice! Trinnus’ hair is straight, ginger colored, and hangs a bit past his shoulders. His eyes are really hard to describe, but they’re hazel colored and have pupils shaped like Smaug’s from the Hobbit. He has high cheekbones, and upward-tilted nose, and an athletic build. If you need more info, let me know!

Making something beautiful in a broken world can be harrowing work. And it can’t be done alone.
    ~AP

Ella
    @writergirl101

@erynne

just wing it!! 😉

If something goes wrong in your life, yell "Plot twist!" and keep going. 😎🍰

Erynne
    @erynne

@anne_the_noob14  @writergirl101 and to anyone else who requests a painting….

I’m posting all of the paints I do for SE on Etsy, so if you want to buy it *wink wink* 😁

Erynne
    @erynne

@joelle-stone

I’d love to give it a shot! I’ll probably just sketch it out since it’s a very detailed scene. Is that alright, or would you prefer it done digitally?

So it takes place in a cave and there are three people in the scene, correct?

And, this might sound incredibly dumb, but what do you mean by underground lake?

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@erynne,

Sketching sounds good! And yup, three people. The servant holding the torch doesn’t have to be clear, since the focus is on Thannius and his nephew.

As for underground lake, I mean a lake that is inside a cave, deep beneath the earth. Kind of like this:underground lake

Except darker. With a lot more water. I imagined it with Thannius on the beach in the center, and the lake off to the right with a tunnel leading out slightly behind Thannius, on the left. Does that make sense? XD I feel like I’m speaking a language only I understand. 😛

Making something beautiful in a broken world can be harrowing work. And it can’t be done alone.
    ~AP

Erynne
    @erynne

@joelle-stone

Yup, That makes total sense! Very cool scene 😉

What does the nephew look like and where would you like him to stand? Sorry for all the questions!😬

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@erynne,

Erm, I actually don’t know. XD He has dark eyes, and black hair, I guess. Kind of handsome. He’s on his back with Trinnus standing over him with his sword to his nephew’s throat. The nephew is probably 16-18ish. Wearing a white shirt and tan trousers? Lol, IDK.

~AP

Erynne
    @erynne

@joelle-stone

Oh right! Sorry!!! *multiple face palms*

I think it all makes sense now: Trinnus in the center of the beach surrounded by a full, black lake and a tunnel starting at right side and fading to the left. Trinnus’s nephew lays on the ground beneath his uncle with a look of panic over his pale face, while a slave, holing a torch stands off to the side.

Sound good?

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Perfect! Have Trinnus hold a sword to the young man’s throat, too, just for an evil touch. 😉 Thanks!

~AP

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@erynne Oooh, ok! 😀 Can you post a link to your Etsy shop?

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Erynne
    @erynne

@anne_the_noob14

Absolutely! As soon as I get it set up XD

I’m going to get everything painted then I will be sure to do so.

Erynne
    @erynne

@anne_the_noob14

What’s your opinion on this layout? (It’s just a rough sketch. I know it’s not neat, the lines aren’t straight, and the ground isn’t finished, but I will do all of that on the painting.)

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@erynne I like it! Only thing I might revise would be the buildings… maybe not as close to the tree? Like pull them back a half-inch or something, so there’s more open space around the tree. But that’s just me being picky 🙂

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Erynne
    @erynne

@anne_the_noob14

Great! I’m glad you like it 🙂

I can definitely do that. When I paint it, I’ll try to make the tree more of the center focus

Erynne
    @erynne

@writergirl101

I got your painting finished! I messed up quite a bit so it didn’t turn out how I had hoped… Let me know what you think!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest