fb

NaNoWriMo 2021

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@rose-colored-fancy

2293 words in 1 hour 20 mins.

😮

O_O

😵

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

LOL, I don’t know how that happened either XD I just got in the flow where time no longer exists and next thing I knew there were a bunch of words on the page XD I have only a very vague recollection of what I wrote XD

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@emily-waldorf

I…um, never cry at my own works. I think I’m a bit unusual in the world of writing because of that.

LOL, I cry very easily as a general rule, but I don’t usually cry at my own works, and if I do, it’s not a lot XD The anticipation takes away a lot of the shock value XD

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

@rose-colored-fancy

XD do you like books/movies that make you cry?

Your life is not your own so keep your hands off it. ~Sherlock Holmes

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

743 words in…IDK, almost an hour. I finished chapter two. My tiny heart is breaking.

Your life is not your own so keep your hands off it. ~Sherlock Holmes

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@emily-waldorf

XD do you like books/movies that make you cry?

If I find a book/movie that actually makes me cry a lot, it means it was either really well written or a dog died XD In the first case yes, in the second, no XD

The only two movies that I can remember that made me cry a lot were “Hachi” and “The Shack” (controversial movie, but I really liked it)

As for books, I cried a little about The Book Thief, but I don’t cry about books a lot.

And you?

743 words in…IDK, almost an hour. I finished chapter two. My tiny heart is breaking.

You did it! Good for you! You did something and that’s amazing! You’re almost 800 words closer to your goal! Keep going, you’re doing it!

___

My wordcount for today was 1658 words in 1 hour 20 minutes. I’m struggling, it takes a lot of effort to write, but I’m just going to try to push through it… somehow XD (At least I wrote a lot last week XD)

Edmund Lloyd Fletcher
    @edmund-lloyd-fletcher

So, we’ve got a group NaNo-ing?

Me too, though not writing so much as editing “finished” books just sitting on the shelf.
    DW says I have to finish some before I’m allowed to write any more. LOL 😀

Homeschooling father of 10, writing Christian action/adventure novels from my home high in the Rockies.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher

So, we’ve got a group NaNo-ing?

Me too, though not writing so much as editing “finished” books just sitting on the shelf.

Yep! Happy to have you join, even if you’re just editing a few things 🙂 I’m currently rewriting, I’m about 71k in. (I already had about 50k written before NaNo)

______

Word count for today is 2513 in about two hours. I think I’m breaking through the rut, but now I have an inbetween section to plot and write, so that’ll be tough again XD

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

I wrote an impressive 0 words yesterday XD I fell face-first into a plot hole, and I can’t find a solution, so I’m leaving it there for future-me. Maybe if I ignore it long enough it’ll go away XD

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

And I somehow climbed out of the plothole with much appreciated help from @this-is-not-an-alien ! (That was brilliant and it’s working!!)

I didn’t write yesterday either, but I caught up today with 2954 words in… I didn’t count how long XD

My week total was 8568. Eesh. XD

In total, I’m at 25440 words, so I’m still on schedule! Good thing I wrote so much last week XD

I think I’m going to run out of book before I hit 50k, which is fine since my actual goal was just finishing this draft. I have seven chapters left, each averaging somewhere around 2500-3000 words. So, I’ll be pretty close to 50k anyway!

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

I wrote another 1686 words.

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

Got 3,547 in two hours and fifteen minutes, which feels fantastic after a few days of basically nothing. Only have the last (very long) chapter) and an epilogue in this book draft, at which point I start second drafting a different book to finish NaNo. I’m at the 23K mark for my goal, which is somewhat behind.

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@taylorclogston

It’s fantastic that you’re almost finished!

I’m floundering into the final battle. I genuinely detest writing battles in general and final battles in particular. I vastly prefer the midpoint and third plot point.

My word count for today is just 1360.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

1395 words yesterday and all of them are trash XD. NaNo is winning XD

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

2114 words yesterday. I figured out that I could take a bunch of paragraphs from my previous draft and frankenstein them together and it’s making writing that battle a whole lot more agreeable.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest