fb

NaNoWriMo 2021

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@emily-waldorf

Oooh!! Quin and Qatar’s story! That’s such an awesome premise, I absolutely love it!! I’d love to see how it works out!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

I finished my writing for the day!

3293 words for today, in 2 hours 10 mins.

I also finished the chapter I was working on, now it spans to a whopping 6600 words. (I’ll probably split it up in a next draft XD)

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

Yay Rose! Go you. I’m not writing today–probably not this week, maybe not next week. 🙂

On that Day I want those who hated me most to have the least to say against me. ~Quin Miller

claire
    @claire-h

@rose-colored-fancy Yay for you! Great work. Today I mainly did research and wrote an email. Fun stuff lol. So no word count to report unfortunately.

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
    it just blooms.

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

350 words and I think I broke writer’s block!

On that Day I want those who hated me most to have the least to say against me. ~Quin Miller

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@claire-h

Thank you! Outlining is important too, I’m glad it went well!

@emily-waldorf

*High fives you* GO you!!! Great job!! Breaking through writers block is the best!

Hard day today, but I managed 2082 words in 1 hour 20 mins, so that’s better than I thought 🙂

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

Sorry for the lack of updates, everyone! I’m writing in so many other groups that I completely forgot to update here.

I’m up to 7681 words, which is really not great considering that puts me at about 12 WPM. As this is a rewrite of something I rapidly drafted, I’m spending most of my time researching and worldbuilding. Today I wrote a conversation translated bilaterally in real time by a translator which has to provide multiple potential interpretations when there isn’t enough context, so that was really fun. Extremely slow, but fun!

My main fear is that all my research will end up reading like an encyclopedia to my readers, but it’s the kind of thing I like reading and writing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

Does Role-playing count, lol? No words today, likely–other stuff going on that’s more important. (good things).

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@taylorclogston

I’m up to 7681 words, which is really not great considering that puts me at about 12 WPM.

That’s awesome! Rewriting can be quite a chore, there’s so much more research to put into it, but that’s still a great word count!

Today I wrote a conversation translated bilaterally in real time by a translator which has to provide multiple potential interpretations when there isn’t enough context, so that was really fun. Extremely slow, but fun!

That sounds so awesome! That’s a very cool concept! And don’t worry about too much information, when I’m reading I generally prefer too much over too little. It means the author loved the project enough to really think about it, and that’s always great 🙂

@emily-waldorf

Does Role-playing count, lol? No words today, likely–other stuff going on that’s more important. (good things).

Other important good things are always fantastic! :)🥰

_

I had a lot of schoolwork today, so it was hard to clear out time to write, but I managed to meet my word count! (Pretty fast too!) 2111 words in 50 minutes, besides outlining the next chapter.

I’m hitting a slower spot in my manuscript, so it’s getting harder to push through, but this is what NaNo is for, I guess!

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

1875 words in 1 hour 40 minutes.

Didn’t quite accomplish meet my word count today. I hope I can write some tomorrow evening! Otherwise, I had some productive days, so I’m still on schedule 🙂

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

I wrote words today. 🙂 Just a few, but they are words.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@emily-waldorf

Woohoo!! Go you! That’s awesome!! The act of just writing something after writer’s block is always a massive victory! It’s so hard to get back into it after a while of not having written anything. You’re doing awesome!

__

Sooo, I was supposed to take today off but I had some free time after sunset so I… accidentally wrote an entire chapter in one sitting. Oops. XD

That’s the beauty of the third plot point! It’s so exciting you just have to keep writing! XD

2293 words in 1 hour 20 mins.

I’m totally going to make myself cry with the next chapter XD I know what’s going to happen and I equal parts look forward to it with manical writer delight and dread it because I feel so sorry for my characters LOL XD

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

2502 words in… I don’t know how long XD I think about 1 hour 20 minutes.

Update! I finished the whole chapter and I somehow managed not to make myself cry. I did, however, suffer. It was truly awful 🥰

My week total is 16870 words. I… might have gotten carried away XD

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

I had a very hard writing day XD I only managed 1128 words in an hour. I’m still ahead though, so it’s okay 🙂 Better tomorrow!

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

Update! I finished the whole chapter and I somehow managed not to make myself cry. I did, however, suffer. It was truly awful 🥰 My week total is 16870 words. I… might have gotten carried away XD

yay for you! That’s a nice mitt-full of words you have there. :)))

I…um, never cry at my own works. I think I’m a bit unusual in the world of writing because of that. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest