fb

NaNoWriMo 2021

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

Hi everyone!

I started a topic a while ago, trying to find a Christian NaNo group, and concluded that enough people wanted to participate that we could have a topic right here on SE!

So… here we are! Two days until NaNo! I, for one, am excited ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll tag some people who said they wanted to join, (And some others off the top of my head) but everyone is more than welcome!

I was thinking it would work if we posted our goals for NaNo and posted our daily word count, so we could encourage and keep each other accountable!

You don’t have to do the traditional 50k words, any goal, no matter how big or small, is welcome!

I’d love to know more about your project, (pitch it if you like, or just give the title and genre) and your goal!

I’ll be rewriting “Gilded Blood”, a YA fantasy. (Some of y’all may know it better as Liorah’s story ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’ve written it up to the midpoint, (current word count- 45k) and my goal is to finish this second draft this month! That’ll probably be about 50k, but if it’s more or less, I’ll still be happy with it.

I calculated my daily word count would be 2000 words, which sounds… feasible. Hopefully XD

Tell me about your project, I’d love to hear about it!

Tagging some folks,

@taylorclogston

@r-m-archer

@joelle-stone

@wisdomofprose

@emily-waldorf

@irishcelticredflowercrown

@denali-christianson

@joy-caroline

@anyone!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

Thanks for “inviting” (i.e. tagging) me Rose! I’ll have to consider it! It sounds a lot more doable if I don’t have to commit to 50K right off the bat. ๐Ÿ™‚

On that Day I want those who hated me most to have the least to say against me. ~Quin Miller

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Awesome idea, Rose! Sadly enough, I’m actually not writing right now – I’m still working on world-building and plotting and character development – all the fun stuff. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thanks for tagging me, and I know I said I would be interested, but I think that life’s a little to hectic for me to join in at the moment. ๐Ÿ™

"For love is strong as death." -God

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

I’ll be updating my word counts here! I’m finishing my rewrite of my New Weird novel Encapsulation, then starting the second draft of the second book in my Wuxia-ish story, Valley of One Hundred Bridges.

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@joelle-stone

but I think that lifeโ€™s a little to hectic for me to join in at the moment.

I feel ya.

Outlining and world building is my favorite part by far. ๐Ÿ™‚

Joy C. Woodbury
    @joy-caroline

@rose-colored-fancy

I’ll hop in and join – I really want to start outliningย The Apostle’s Sisterย book series. I’ll set a 10k goal for my outlines!

O that you would realize that each moment is golden. - Ellen G. White

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@emily-waldorf

Thanks for โ€œinvitingโ€ (i.e. tagging) me Rose! Iโ€™ll have to consider it! It sounds a lot more doable if I donโ€™t have to commit to 50K right off the bat.

Awesome! I’m so glad you’re here! Exactly, it’s supposed to be fun, not that stressful ๐Ÿ™‚

@joelle-stone

Thanks for tagging me, and I know I said I would be interested, but I think that lifeโ€™s a little to hectic for me to join in at the moment.

Have lots of fun worldbuilding! It’s really one of the best parts ๐Ÿ™‚ That’s totally cool, thanks for telling me!

@taylorclogston

Awesome! I’m so glad you’re joining! ๐Ÿ™‚

@joy-caroline

Hi Joy! Yay! That sounds like fun! I only like outlining when it’s over, but the moment when all those pieces click into place or you get a new idea really make up for the rest ๐Ÿ™‚

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

(forgot to mention, but you can add me as a NaNo buddy as taylorclogston)

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

claire
    @claire-h

Hi everyone! I’m in. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m planning on doing NaNoWriMo, but with the more modest goal of 15,000 words. I’m still in the outlining stages so I’ll be doing a lot of that. My novel is a futuristic adventure in the jungles of Peru. I’ve shared about it on here before I think so some of you might remember. Can’t wait to start writing!

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
    it just blooms.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@noah-cochran,

Outlining and world building is my favorite part by far.

Same, for the most part. I don’t especially enjoy the first part of WBing, but once I can start filling out the general shape with details and stuff I really enjoy it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@rose-colored-fancy

Have lots of fun worldbuilding! Itโ€™s really one of the best parts

Thank you, I shall! (Totally agree XD)

Thatโ€™s totally cool, thanks for telling me!

Ofc! Have fun!

"For love is strong as death." -God

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@claire-h

Hi Claire! Delighted to have you! ๐Ÿ™‚ That’s such a cool premise! Putting a futuristic plot in a lesser known part of the world? Awesome!

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

Happy NaNo, everyone :-} Morning writing done. 2107 words in two hours and fifteen minutes.

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

Hi everybody! I’m going to start with a 2000 word actual goal, with a 10,000 word hopeful goal. I’ll post later what the story is about/how far into it I am. ๐Ÿ™‚

On that Day I want those who hated me most to have the least to say against me. ~Quin Miller

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

Happy NaNo, y’all!

Word count for the day was 2714 words in 1 hour 40 mins! Considering the amount of time I had, I’m pretty happy for a first day!

(This is way over my usual word count, but I’m in the middle of a Dramatic Moment ™ so the words are coming faster than usual ๐Ÿ™‚ )

@taylorclogston

Great job! That’s an awesome word count! ๐Ÿ™‚

@emily-waldorf

Yay! Thanks for joining! Hope you have an awesome NaNo!

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

OK: so, my WIP is called When Morning Comes. (Or maybe As Morning Comes–which do you prefer?) and it’s in a fantasy setting. Another world that functions exactly as ours does, only with different countries. MCs are Quin and Qatar Miller–half brothers. Their life has been forever changed eleven months ago by a carriage accident that killed their mother and maimed Quin. Quin struggles not to feel objectified, and to come to grips with his disability, while Qatar succumbs to his anger–and later struggles against it, and their relationship stagnates. Until Qatar is imprisoned for selling opium and Quin is sold as a slave. The only good thing about this new situation is a young woman by the name of Anika Litvak. (I had to get Anika in there!!!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest