fb

NaNoWriMo 2020 Roll Call

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo 2020 Roll Call

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@emgc Oh, wow, that’s awesome! I got 359! You creamed me. 😂

Thank you so much for doing this with me! Would you want to go again? If not, no worries! 😀

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

E. Grace
    @emgc

@eden-anderson Awesome job!

Yes this was fantastic! I SO want to go again but I have to stop for a little while– is there any chance you’d be available a little later today?

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@emgc Of course, totally understand! Umm…I might be around at 6:30 – 7:00.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Edmund Lloyd Fletcher
    @edmund-lloyd-fletcher

Quick question:
    Any thoughts on how to creatively describe music?  I want the MC to have a guitar and be able to describe how beautiful and amazing her playing is — like make the reader completely geeking out over how cool she plays…
    Any ideas/examples on where to start with this?

Homeschooling father of 10, writing Christian action/adventure novels from my home high in the Rockies.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher

I don’t know if this is helpful, but Andrew Peterson has a way of describing both music and words in a way that is really moving. I’m not sure where you can find his stuff…it’s all throughout his songs and books.

That’s just what came to mind when I saw your post.

Not all who wander are lost.

Edmund Lloyd Fletcher
    @edmund-lloyd-fletcher

Thanks.  I’ll check that out.

Homeschooling father of 10, writing Christian action/adventure novels from my home high in the Rockies.

E. Grace
    @emgc

@eden-anderson

I am sorry, I did not mean to disappear! >.< NaNo going okay for you? I kept missing days so now I’m about 15k behind, I think? I think I’m going to go for 30k instead of 50 at this point… which is fine.  I’m glad for the progress I’m making anyway 🙃 Hope things are going better for you 😄

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Edmund Lloyd Fletcher
    @edmund-lloyd-fletcher

I have a couple more questions if you guys don’t mind.
    1) AYK, I’m writing a sci-fi this time and there are a lot of buttons.  How do you feel is the best way to write button labels?  I’m trying to decide between the following:

• Normal quotes (probably technically correct, but seems like it can get confused with dialog) –
      Lizzy reached down and thumbed the “Open” button.
    • Square brackets (like I used in my published book) –
      Lizzy reached down and thumbed the [Open] button.
    • Italics –
      Lizzy reached down and thumbed the Open button.

Which do you think looks/reads best?

2) Is there an official stoyrembers  “group” on the nanowrimo site?

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest