fb

NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 1,491 total)
  • Author
    Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@r-m-archer That is perfectly understandable. I need my sleep so I’m gonna try to go to bed early and hopefully that’ll help me be refreshed and ready to go tomorrow. 😀

It’s still feels kind of surreal that it’s starting TOMORROW.

OUTLINE UPDATE:

Finished Chapter 8 and wrote Chapters 9 through 12 plus another scene that takes place later in the book. It’s not nearly as much as I would like to have done but hey, progress is progress.

Scene I’m Most Looking Forward to Writing: Probably the scene where there is this dramatic revealing that completely changes everybody’s life. (okay, so maybe it’s not quite that dramatic…😛) Also, the scene where the love interest realizes that she’s falling in love because awww, how sweet…you love him now but in like three chapters I’m going to completely destroy your pretty little heart FOREVER. *villainous cackling* Also, all those fight scenes. (but I’m also kind of dreading them because what do I know of these things?)

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

Also, the scene where the love interest realizes that she’s falling in love because awww, how sweet…you love him now but in like three chapters I’m going to completely destroy your pretty little heart FOREVER. *villainous cackling*

Oooooooh. Fun. XD

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Rainy Emily
    @millennium

I think we should just spam this thread with all the collages and aesthetics were making instead of getting ready for tomorrow…

That’s the best idea I’ve heard all day…😜

When everything you touch turns to gold...
    gold...
    gold...
    gold...

Rainy Emily
    @millennium

So the day dawns.

Hysterical screaming

I’ve written a grand total of 299 words today…1368 to go to reach my daily goal…

When everything you touch turns to gold...
    gold...
    gold...
    gold...

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

HAPPY NANOWRIMO, guys!!

It’s officially begun! 🤩🤩🤩

I wish you all the best of luck! ❤️ Have fun and GO OUT THERE AND SMASH THOSE GOALS!!!

@millennium
    *joins you in screaming*

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

EEEEP I AM SO EXCITIED! HAPPY NANOWRIMO WRITERS! Sadly, do to Life, I won’t be able to write until the afternoon. 🙁 But hey! I’ve all of November right? 😉

@millennium
    That’s awesome! 😀

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@jenwriter17 HAPPY NANOWRIMO buddy!! 🙂 I’m excited and nervous and crazy!! *Screams*

Sold souls and dead promises

Edmund Lloyd Fletcher
    @edmund-lloyd-fletcher

Okay, I decided on the idea, so that’s… a start, at least.  For those that voted here or on social media, it seems opinions were fairly evenly-divided, so it literally came down to a coin toss.

Anywayz, last night I kludged together a cover for the NaNo website.

Cover

Yeah, it’ll probably change.  Feels a little like an indie CD cover to me. 😀

And for those that are curious, the graphics hint at which two fantasy realms are at war. 😉 😉

Now enough fiddling around.  Need to do something about that big 0 for word count!

This is the most pantster I’ve ever gone.  I have not even the slightest idea how this will play out, but I’ve got the spotify jamz on… coffee in progress… LET’S DO THIS THING!!!!!!!

Homeschooling father of 10, writing Christian action/adventure novels from my home high in the Rockies.

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer 😀 Yeah…the nerves are gettin’ to me…

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

E. Grace
    @emgc

@eden-anderson

My outline is pretty loose but I think… I might possibly… survive…? (This is going to be craaaazyyy…) Let me know if you want to word war later on. 🙂

@catwing

I’m a cheshire catwing after all. XD

That’s true! And I’m sure you’ll do awesome. 😀

Good luck!!!!!

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@evelyn 😀

*in Smeagol voice* That wasss not me! That was Preciousss! Yess, it was Preciousss…

😀

@kari-karast
    😀 Thanks! I’ve got one that’ll work for now. I don’t like it as much as I’d like to like it because I hate alliteration. Hate it. *shakes head* I’ll keep you in mind though!!

(oh, the title is A Paralegal’s Peril at the moment 😀 )

@r-m-archer
    I went through a phase like that once… It wasn’t the same series (I totally need to read The Inheritance Cycle at some point), but it had the same effect lol. I forget what series it was… *frowns*

@eden-anderson
    😀 😀 😀

“You sound way to excited to destroy your poor butler’s life.”  Oh, I am. I totally am XD

@r-m-archer

*screams* YOU’VE SEEN IT, TOO!?!? AAAAAHHHHH!!!!                *coughs* *looks at you suspiciously* Or… are you just using a gif from it…?

ALSO, SEND HELP. I’m only outlining a death scene and I’m already crying…how am I going to write this?!! *sobs* *rips out hair* oh my poor little darlings. I’M GOING TO DESTROY THEM AND ME. Why didn’t anyone warn me before I started, that writing was going to be this traumatic?

Hey. Um. I don’t know how to tell you this gently, but… KILL THEM. KILL YOUR DARLINGS. THEY WILL HATE YOU. BUT IT’S ALL FOR THE PLOT. ALL FOR THE READERS. YOUR READERS WILL ALSO HATE YOU. BUT THEY WILL ALSO LOVE YOU. BECAUSE THEY WILL UNDERSTAND. KILL YOUR DARLINGS.

😀

*sees your distraught face* *immediately feels horrible* *blinks back tears of my own* *hands you chocolate and tea* *rolls you up in a blanket taco* *sets you on cushy couch by a fireplace*            (*whispers*) ok… I’m gonna go now…

@emgc
    😀

Yes! It is… *makes a “yikes” face* XD

@millennium
    Oooooo…. Pretty….. :3 They’re so prettyyyy…. So aesthetic… 😀

Also, the scene where the love interest realizes that she’s falling in love because awww, how sweet…you love him now but in like three chapters I’m going to completely destroy your pretty little heart FOREVER. *villainous cackling*

Yes. This is how you do it. BREAK THEIR HEARTS. SMASH ‘EM.

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher
    Which idea did you decide on? Or.. which one did the coin decide on? 😀

Lol! It kinda does, to be honest XD

Spotify, like, saved my life. (not literally) It’s aMAzinggg…

@catwing
    If it’s not too much trouble… Might I have a box as well? I like boxes… 😀

GUYSGUYSGUYSGUYS IT’S NOVEMBER NOW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*remembers that breathing is a good idea*

EEEEEEEhhaaaaaaaa EEEEEEEEhhhaaaaaaaaaaa EEEEEhaaaaaaaaaaa

Ok. Enough of that. I’ve gotta run. We’re going to town today and I’ve got a meeting to go to. (Um. @millennium You’ve got more than I’ve got… I’ve got 175. Heh. *eye twitches*)

(*in smol voice*) I’m scared… o.O

😀 😀 😀 WE GOT THIS Y’ALL

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

*screams* YOU’VE SEEN IT, TOO!?!? AAAAAHHHHH!!!! *coughs* *looks at you suspiciously* Or… are you just using a gif from it…?

No… I’m just familiar with the gif. D: I’ve seen enough gifs from it that I’m interested in seeing it, though.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher I’m glad you were able to pick an idea! At least you have somewhere to start now. 🙂

@emgc
    YOU. WILL. SURVIVE. Somehow, someway. *sends you chocolate, and tea, and hedge-hugs and everything that could possibly help you feel better*  🙃😊

Would you want to word war now? I’d be up for one…

@anne_the_noob14
    *sighs* Poor guy.

Hey. Um. I don’t know how to tell you this gently, but… KILL THEM. KILL YOUR DARLINGS. THEY WILL HATE YOU. BUT IT’S ALL FOR THE PLOT. ALL FOR THE READERS. YOUR READERS WILL ALSO HATE YOU. BUT THEY WILL ALSO LOVE YOU. BECAUSE THEY WILL UNDERSTAND. KILL YOUR DARLINGS.

*stares at you in stunned silence* *desperately wants to cry*

*forces back the tears while you wrap me up in a taco blanket*

Umm…thanks. *morosely sips tea*

E. Grace
    @emgc

@eden-anderson I’m here now! Wanna have at it?

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@emgc Absolutely! 😊 For how long?

(also, what’s your username on NaNoWriMo?)

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 1,491 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest