fb

NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,491 total)
  • Author
    Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@jenwriter17 Well, I didn’t really give mine…the other’s book introductions are kind of scatted throughout. 😬

@evelyn

I’ve been doing little things. I have no idea where the plot goes. I have characters I don’t understand at all and have no idea how they are going to play in. I’m planning to just pants it I guess. You know-

I did this to you. I drug you into NaNo without ideas or plans. *whispers* Sorry. 😳 (but I’m still glad you’re doing it.πŸ™ƒ)

Umm…yeah, I have no idea why I said that it starts tomorrow. For some reason my week was messed up and I thought today was Thursday and yeah, just a brain fart. πŸ™ƒ I was thinking all day that it starts tomorrow and FREAKING MYSELF OUT and then I stopped and was like “wait, this is Wednesday, not Thursday.” You can imagine the relief I felt. πŸ˜‚

ALSO, THE MORE I HEAR OF YOUR STORY THE COOLER AND COOLER IT SOUNDS!!!! 🀩🀩🀩 (like the society in the tree-houses, and the fog monsters and a girl with wings and and old sailor, that poor bard with all the problems…you know I’m gonna freak out whenever you bring it up. 😍)

@corine
    YAY!!! Another NaNoWrimer!! Welcome to the party! 😍 Your story sounds intriguing!

@millennium
    Yeah, sorry. I was confused. πŸ˜• *face-palm*

@gabriellepollack
    Aww, thank you!! I feel like I know the basic plot but there’s still HUMONGOUS plot holes and other problems. πŸ™ƒ I think it’ll start coming together more as I write…at least I hope so. xD

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

E. Grace
    @emgc

@eden-anderson Aaaaahhh yes it’s getting sooooo close!

Sadly prep hasn’t been working out too well today. I’m a little stuck. >.< (And I just remembered that I have two big tests coming up the first and second week of November… oh boy…😬)

Have you made much progress today?

@gabriellepollack
    Great!

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@emgc *screams* I KNOW, RIGHT!! Only one more day!!

Aw, I’m sorry! Is there anyway I can help you become un-stuck? And big tests…ugh, I’m sorry. That sounds really stressful. πŸ˜”

No, not really. I’ve been gone like all day…busy with life. πŸ™‚

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

For some reason my week was messed up and I thought today was Thursday and yeah, just a brain fart.

Dude, I thought all day Monday that it was Sunday. *facepalm* So you’re not alone, lol.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@kari-karast Hey, you’re good! *takes huge mug of hot chocolate*

Just sent a friend request!

Ooohhh… Your WIP sounds really cool! (and I’ve gotta decide on a title for mine, too… )

@r-m-archer

To some extent it depends on the story; sometimes I only need a few main plot points and I can write as I go in between those, while some require a lot more planning ahead of time. What I’ve done with the past several of my stories is split the outline into chapters and give a brief summary of each scene (within each chapter) and its setting, events, and emotions, including what information I want to be shared, what relationships I want to showcase or develop, etc. if I know those things ahead of time.

*nods* Cool. Very cool. Thanks!

@eden-anderson
    *sips cider* Ooo this is good… tHANKS but I’ve got my doubts still…

Hey! That sounds awesome! You’ll do fine!!

@evelyn
    That was literally the best post I’ve seen! XD All the action! The cozy feels! I love it πŸ˜€ (and I love @eden-anderson ‘s reaction to it πŸ˜€ )

*gets to page about the cake* *grabs plate of cake and a fork* *goes off and sits in corner* (*in Gollum voice*)My preciousssss… yesss…

@emgc
    Oh! I love your forum signature, btw!

@evelyn
    Yo. Your novel sounds awesome. Like. Really. Fog monsters, treehouses, and magicians, oh my!

@gabriellepollack
    πŸ˜€ Yeah. True!

@emgc
    Heh. You’re not alone on that tests part. I don’t have tests exactly, but November’s gonna be CRAAAAAzy. I forgot I’m supposed to sew thirteen bags for one of my mom’s friends… the lady’s paying me $10 a bag though, so at least there’s money involved πŸ˜› I hope you do well on your tests!!

UPDATE TIME!!!

SO!! The closer we get to Friday, the more excited (andalsoreallyscared) I get!! I got eight-ish more paragraphs written of my outline, and I’ve got some more plans in my head that I don’t have on paper yet. THISISGONNABESOAWESOMEGUYS!!!

(*with relish*) My characters are gonna hate me!! HHAHAHAHAHAH

ahem

But yes. I just figured out a way for my butler’s love interest to be accused of murder. It’s awesome πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Scene I’m most excited to write:

Definitely the one where the butler starts to realize that: “Hey! The love of my life could be the person who killed my boss! That’s marvelous…” *rubs hands together and chuckles*

β€œEnough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson Hahaha, no problem. Just checking on the date. πŸ˜† It’s totally fine. I actually went all of Sunday thinking it was Monday, kinda like Archer. πŸ˜›

@r-m-archer
    Thanks!

@gabriellepollack
    Thank you! I hope so too.

@anne_the_noob14
    I try to entertain and enlighten. *bows*

*coughs* Take as much cake as you want I guess…. *backs away slowly* πŸ˜‰

Thanks!

Wow, sounds like it’s going well for you!

(*with relish*) My characters are gonna hate me!! HHAHAHAHAHAH

My life. XD

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@evelyn That sounds cool! πŸ˜€

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Rainy Emily
    @millennium

And finally I’ve gotten around to writing you a description of my book…

Title:Β Course to Earth

Genre: Science fiction/ futuristic

Synopsis: Erin Shadows has been searching for her brother, Jacker Shadows, Β for a long time: ever since her parents died and she was saved my Cami.

But it’s not hard when your occupation is chief security officer of the international trade system. You travel a lot when there’s nineteen galaxies full of trade systems.

Eighteen years Erin has been successful and powerful but she isn’t happy. But for some reason she sees peace in her first mate, Sander that she can’t find. Same with the joyΒ and carefreeness of her second mate, Jackson.Β 

But then there is Cami. Ruler of all civilisation. Also her best friend. And crush. But suddenly he asks her a question. One that sends her fleeing to Earth: a planet that has been uninhabited for years.
    But surprisingly she uncovers some answers to her confusing life. And sends it spinning through the stars.

Also I’m now officially addicted to making aesthetics for my characters:

If you liked those then tell me which one was your favourite and I can make youΒ some if you like!

If you would like me to, I’ll need a picture or description of your character and their role in your story. Edits are aloud afterwards if needed. 😁

When everything you touch turns to gold...
    gold...
    gold...
    gold...

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@anne_the_noob14 Thanks!! I’d be happy to help you come up with a title if you’d like. Also, I accepted your request!

@millennium
    *heart eyes at the aesthetics* They’re so prettyyyy. And your WIP sounds awesome too! (Heh, I finally know your charries’ story.) Also, I might take you up on that offer to make aesthetics some time.

"You can dance with my henchman."

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

Oh, I haven’t put my NaNo username anywhere in this thread. I’m Arya Shadeslayer, if anyone wants to add me as a buddy. πŸ™‚

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@r-m-archer That, is aΒ genius username. Full approval. Also, I sent you a buddy request.

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@kari-karast Thank you. πŸ™‚ It’s been ages since I (re)read The Inheritance Cycle, but they made a big enough impact that my username on everything was Arya Shadeslayer for a while.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@r-m-archer Nice! I’ve only read the first two, but want to read the others soon.

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@kari-karast Cool! Who’s your favorite character?

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@r-m-archer Oh boy. That’s a tough one. Maybe Angela or Brom or Eragon’s brother(name is currently slipping my mind)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,491 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest