fb

NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,491 total)
  • Author
    Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn Yeah, I was getting annoyed for you. πŸ˜† So glad it got cleared up before NaNo.

@emgc
    Oh, wow, so you’ve been at it for a long time!! That’s so exciting that you’re finally getting to do it now! 🀩

Aww, thanks!!

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

Outline Update

Yesterday: I finished Chapter 5, wrote Chapter Six, and started on Chapter Seven. It wasn’t a lot but I’m glad I got that much done. πŸ˜€

Today: I’m currently finishing up Chapter Seven and hoping to get at least Chapter Eight done as well. I’ll see how it goes.

Scenes I’m Excited About: One of my favorite characters gets introduced!! So that’s cool…and then I’m also looking forward to writing about this cool, crazy scene where some cool, crazy stuff happens but I’m not saying what because, you know, secrecy. πŸ˜‰

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@eden-anderson That’s awesome! πŸ˜€ *high fives*

Ooh, hooray for favorite characters! Those are always awesome moments. ^-^

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Rainy Emily
    @millennium

Why haven’t I found this topic before now? NaNoWriMo is in two days!

I’ll post a synopsis of my novel later. πŸ˜€πŸ“

When everything you touch turns to gold...
    gold...
    gold...
    gold...

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

Prep Update:

I only outlined one scene today. And I mentally outlined it last night after I’d gone to bed, so it doesn’t even exactly count. But it’s another scene, so still progress. πŸ˜›

Most exciting scene:Β Well… there’s only one candidate. But I do think it’s going to be a fun scene. It’s a combat scene and one of the characters is cut off from his weapon and another has to make do with a pseudo-weapon and those are both really fun tropes to me, so I think it’ll be cool.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@r-m-archer @eden-anderson Great job guys! That’s all awesome work!

@millennium
    I can’t wait to hear about it!

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@r-m-archer Thank you! *high-fives all around*

And one scene is better than no scene! πŸ˜€

@evelyn
    Thank you! How’s NaNo prep coming for you…especially because you didn’t have much time when you decided to do it. πŸ™ƒ

@millennium
    Hey, welcome to the thread!! πŸ˜ƒ

GUYSGUYSGUYS

NaNoWriMo.

Starts.

TOMORROW.

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@evelyn @eden-anderson Aw, thank you both so much! That’s really encouraging. πŸ™‚ <3 I’m just trying to find my way around here; which page are your posts about your nano novels?

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson I’ve been doing little things. I have no idea where the plot goes. I have characters I don’t understand at all and have no idea how they are going to play in. I’m planning to just pants it I guess. You know-

But wait.

IT STARTS TOMORROW???

I thought it started in two days….??

*screams*

*runs around in circles*

πŸ˜† ohhhh I’m going to wither and wilt this month. Enjoy Christmas without me.

Corine
    @corine

Hello! I’m also late to the party πŸ™‚

This will be my third (?) attempt at Nano, but the first one that I’ve decently planned for so I’mΒ reallyΒ hoping for a bit more success this year…

Synopsis:
    When her friend (and new brother-in-law) is kidnapped, Diana, a disabled princess, must use her still-developing air magic to save him.Β 

Not a very long synopsis, sorry!

I’m excited for this thread, I think it could be the exact encouragement needed to push me over the line (hopefully!).

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@jenwriter17 Oh I guess I forgot to introduce mine. πŸ˜›

Well, it goes something like this.

*clears throat*

She was born without wings.

He was born deaf.

The man was cursed, but he was not born that way.

And then has a bunch of other random things thrown in there like a society that lives in treehouses hundreds of feet above the ground and never go down. Or at least rarely. There are fog monsters below. There’s a magical ship with no crew. And an old magician in the woods that is said to be able to cure ailments, but has disappeared. The deaf boy wants to become a doctor. The girl without wings wants to follow in her crazy uncle’s footsteps to explore beyond the treetops, and the old sailor who is cursed wants nothing but to wither up and die. And then I have a vague idea about a political scandal that only this bard knows – who is on the run from being kidnapped (or killed) – but who also is covered in scars (physically and figuratively) because of a sickness like small pox that went through his village and killed most of the people including his fiancΓ©, and he barely survived and is basically a little lonely whimpering puppy. And is now super depressed and traveling but can’t seem to write any songs.

Yeah. Something like all that. πŸ˜›

And maybe a quest in there somewhere…?

*shrugs*

πŸ˜† Who knows.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@corine Welcome! And wow yours sounds really cool. “Air magic”? Intriguing.

Rainy Emily
    @millennium

@eden-anderson, Doesn’t it start in two days? 🧐

Anyways…throws confetti and popcorn 🍿

When everything you touch turns to gold...
    gold...
    gold...
    gold...

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@evelyn Your story sounds awesome! πŸ˜€

When her friend (and new brother-in-law) is kidnapped, Diana, a disabled princess, must use her still-developing air magic to save him.

@corine
    Ooh, interesting. Can I ask what her disability is? (I’m just curious.) Still-developing magic is super fun! πŸ™‚

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

@corine Welcome! Sounds like an exciting project :D.

@evelyn
    I love all the different characters you have! I hope you find a way to put them all together. πŸ˜€

@jenwriter17
    Welcome Jenna! πŸ˜€ Did Mari make that profile photo for you? Because I love it. <3

And your novel! *gasps* So fabulous. I’m loving the aesthetics, too.

@eden-anderson
    *Falls in love with the concept of this ranger/ex-convict/vagabond because who can’t love a ranger/ex-convict/vagabond* I hope you get some clarity for the plot!

@anne_the_noob14
    Thanks Livi! Lol hey, three weeks of prep is better than no prep at all.

@emgc
    I do feel ready, at least mostly! Which is strange. I mistrust the feeling. XD

*hopes she got everyone*

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,491 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest