NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner

This topic contains 806 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Eden Anderson 3 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 807 total)
  • Author

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

*pokes head in* Well I’m late to the party. *hopes bringing hot chocolate will make up for it*

Anyway. I’m doing NaNo. I’m aiming for 20k, but hoping to get 50k. (But ya know, if I only reach 20k I’ll be happy.)

I’m not starting a new project. I’m continuing on my current WIP. The Red Rider. (Title’s a WIP too. ;P )

Here’s the blurb:

Eina Firestar’s life is in shambles. Everything and everyone she once knew, are gone. She’s trying to rebuild her shattered life, fall back into a pattern, but fate has other plans for her. 

One rebellion is demolished, but the other is thriving. However, the only thing that matters now to her is surviving. That, and revenge. But different choices lead to different paths. How will she know if it leads her to victory, or ruin?

*runs around panicking* ThErE’s OnLy FoUr MoRe DaYs

Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Also, maybe we should all say what our usernames are on the NaNo website? Mine’s Veraza Winterknight.

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

So, I’m curious… How do you go about outlining? This is the first time I’ve tried to actually write one seriously, and I’m wondering how much different people’s methods vary.

To some extent it depends on the story; sometimes I only need a few main plot points and I can write as I go in between those, while some require a lot more planning ahead of time. What I’ve done with the past several of my stories is split the outline into chapters and give a brief summary of each scene (within each chapter) and its setting, events, and emotions, including what information I want to be shared, what relationships I want to showcase or develop, etc. if I know those things ahead of time.

@gabriellepollack Thank you! 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  R.M. Archer.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@evelyn Well, under normal circumstances (and these are far from normal circumstances) you’d probably be very persuasive. BUT THIS IS NANOWRIMO AND I JUST HAVE A FEELING THAT MY DOOM IS SURE.

But than again maybe there is hope…after all you did it and survived. 🙃

Please throw all available chocolate my way. Also, some cake because I just really want some cake right now. 😛

@r-m-archer 🤗

@anne-the-noob14 That’s alright! *fills your glass* I’M SURE YOU’LL DO AMAZING!! 😀 (*whispers* I’m having plenty of doubts about my own novel so you’re not alone.)

YAY!! Way to go on your outlining!

@gabriellepollack Thanks! And thanks for joining in…as I said earlier, the more the merrier! 😄

My story is about this ranger/ex-convict/vagabond/I-don’t-know-what who is attempting to create this gathering and overthrow the government/reveal the treachery of the King. But what he appears to be doing is just a cover up for his real motives…??? If that sounded confusing it’s because I’m still some what confused. A bad thing because NaNo starts in like *gulp* four days. 😟😨😱😱

You’re novel sounds so cool! Way to go for getting ready ahead of time!! 😊

@kari-karast Better late than never! 😀 *gulps down hot chocolate*

OH YEAH!! Red Rider! I remember you telling me about that…it sounds epic!!

I sent you a buddy request!

Oh and by the way, this hot chocolate is amazing. 😋

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@eden-anderson

True.

*nods* I really hope it’ll turn out to be!!

I accepted it!!

Most hot chocolate is. *nods knowingly* Except irish cream. That stuff is just… bleh. *sips hot chocolate*

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson You can do it! *pulls out a plate* You are so prepared, you’ll be fine *cuts a piece of cake* You’ll be so amazing! Think of how long you’ve been working toward this. And all your amazing characters! Your babies. Your darlings. Now you really get to play with em. *pulls out the chocolate syrup* You get to really spend time with them and shipwreck their lives and meddle with all their relationships.  *drowns piece in chocolate* Every day you’ll get up because you’re so excited. *gets out strawberries and dumps them on* You’ll rush to go write. You’ll be bouncing in your chair. It will feel like forever and no time at all. *pulls out a glass and a jug of milk* You’ll be living off of hot drinks and evil author plans. Your family *goes to get a fork* will think you’re crazy. Except especially now. And you’ll be so incredibly hyper, they’ll wonder what in the world you’re doing in your room. *goes to get sprinkles* *wonders if you like sprinkles* They’ll come to sneak a peak and find you’re just high on author-power and the gleeful prodding and poking of your poor character’s lives. And in the middle of the night *sets sprinkles on the table* *puts kettle on the stove* you’ll be sobbing over what you did in the 1,000 words for the day. But at the same time not able to go to sleep because you can’t stop thinking about what’s next.

And *goes and gets a fuzzy Christmas blanket* you’ll be conversing with writers 24/7 until every moment in the day you are participating in a word war. And in the end *folds the napkin in a triangle, takes kettle off stove* you’ll look at writing as something entirely different than you first thought of it as.

And even when you’ll get stuck and hate your story. It will become the most amazing feeling – you’ll love it – because it’s a challenge. *pulls out a record and puts it on* And you have no choice but to go forward. And suddenly you shove your inner editor in the closet. And the world is so amazing.

And you’ll never want to part with those characters again because *pours tea into china cup* they’ll have experience with you one of the most exciting and thrilling and crazy things you’ve ever done.

And because you’re extremely competitive and stubborn (though maybe not as much as me) you’ll still find it fascinating how you are racing yourself. *takes out a bowl* Sugar?

And the next year *pours another cup* *sits down across from you* you’ll find a new writer to lasso into it. Except that you can barely get through your words because it was so incredibly amazing.

And quite impossible to describe. *nods for a second*

*sighs*

There.

See? You’ll do fine.

How was that?? 😆

E. Grace
    @emgc

@eden-anderson Thanks, it’s nice to have support. 🙂 Has your NaNo prep been coming along okay?

@gabriellepollack Yeah… I’m hoping things will work out better this year. 😛  Do you feel ready for NaNo this year?

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

E. Grace
    @emgc

@kari-karast Hey your NaNo novel sounds neat! Do you feel ready to start writing?

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@kari-karast Awesome! 😀

@evelyn

*sits in stunned silence*

*stares at you*

*suddenly feels very brave*

I can do this.

I CAN do this.

I CAN DO THIS!!!!

*leaps from my chair, scattering sprinkles and cake*

It’s going to be crazy and I’m going to scare my family and I’ll probably almost die of sleep deprivation and I’ll most likely lose my sanity and my characters are really going to suffer and I’m going to cry and laugh hysterically and one moment I’ll probably be super excited and the next I’ll be in the depths of despair and I’ll wonder why on earth I did this and than I’ll think this is most amazing thing ever and I may hate my book and then I’ll love it and yeah, I probably will go insane BUT. I. WILL. DO. THIS.

*screams*

*sits back down*

*sips tea*

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@emgc Thanks! And yep!! I haven’t written on it for a while, which was probably a bad idea. But on the other hand, I won’t have already run out of steam on it by the time November starts. 😛

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson EXACTLY

*runs around the room, flailing arms*

LET’S DO THIS

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@emgc Yeah, it’s going okay-ish. Thanks for asking! 😍 I really, really need to go outline though…I just keep on getting distracted. 😬

How about your prep?

@evelyn *runs around the room with you* This is surprisingly stress re-leaving. 😂

And this tea is delightful! Make it yourself? 😉

E. Grace
    @emgc

@kari-karast Sounds great! (Mind if I add you as a buddy on NaNo?)

@eden-anderson Same… I have been putting outlining off a little too much as well. So it’s been a slow going process, but it’s coming along. 😛 (What’s your username on NaNo? Mind if I add you as a buddy as well?)

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@emgc Go ahead!!

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@emgc GO OUTLINE. (I’m speaking to myself here too. 🙃)

Of course, I’d love to be buddies! 😊

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 807 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest