fb

NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 1,491 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@emgc @catwing @naiya-dyani

Scrivener has decided to crash and is informing me it needs a bunch of updates…

🙁

Ceud mile failte

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

All right, I’m back 😀

Ceud mile failte

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@catwing @emgc @seekjustice 273!

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@seekjustice Ah, are you saying you could use another war?

p.s. If you are, I’m able to.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Naiya Dyani.

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

E. Grace
    @emgc

@seekjustice Oh no, I’m sorry about that! 🙁

@naiya-dyani
    Great job! I got 502 that time.

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Catwing
    @catwing

@naiya-dyani @emgc I got 301! 😀

@seekjustice
    Yikes… But you can be in the next word war! 😀

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

What if we go again at :15?

Ceud mile failte

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

Eek, okay!

E. Grace
    @emgc

@seekjustice Okay!

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

Wednesday, November 5th

Word count: 2,023

Favorite snippet: (I just love allllllll the character dynamics in this scene… but they do need some help in the description department in the next draft. XD)

Duyên chuckled and took note of the calligraphers again. Po was nice enough, but not the person she would have chosen to talk with on an evening when she was already stressed. Most of the calligraphers were the same place they’d been, but Chaska was rounding up her boys. Duyên frowned. Her health must have been bothering her again.
    Makio walked up to the stairs and set a hand against the post beside Po. “Is this guy bothering you?” Makio asked Duyên.
    Duyên shrugged. “We were having a pleasant conversation. But I appreciate you looking out for me.” She smiled up at Makio.
    Makio slapped Po’s shoulder and nodded toward the field. “Come on. Let’s shoot some hoops.”
    Po glanced at Duyên. “Sorry to cut the conversation short.”
    Duyên tried to smile. “Don’t worry about it.”
    Po headed onto the field and Duyên mouthed a ‘thank you’ to Makio as he prepared to follow. Makio smiled before turning back to Po. “Race you to the hoop?”
    The two ran off to the western hoop and Duyên took a deep breath. Makio always had her back. Duyên smiled as she watched Po and Makio play in the lantern-light. Tora was lucky to have Makio for a brother.
    Ryuu walked over from a conversation with some of the younger boys and set one foot on the steps. “Are you doing all right?”
    Duyên nodded with a soft smile. “Thanks for asking.”
    Ryuu took a seat beside her, hands between his knees. “I saw Makio had to get Po away from you again.” Ryuu smirked.
    Duyên chuckled. “It wasn’t like that. Po was actually being nice, he’s just… not the best company when my thoughts are heavy.”
    “I hope I’m an improvement?” Ryuu wiggled his eyebrows.
    Duyên laughed, head thrown back. Her expression faded to a grin as she turned back to Ryuu. “Yes.” She leaned up and kissed him briefly.
    Ryuu grinned. “I’m happy to hear it.”
    Duyên leaned on his shoulder and watched the lights dancing over the field a moment before closing her eyes and listening to the childrens’ laughter. She felt Ryuu press a long kiss to her forehead. Duyên released a contented sigh. “Can’t evenings like this just last forever?” she murmured.
    “I wish.”
    “Can we pretend?”
    Ryuu rubbed her shoulder. “Absolutely.”
    Duyên’s thoughts drifted and she fell asleep.

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Worldbuilding enthusiast. Singer. Fan of classic literature.

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@seekjustice @catwing @emgc 258 words this time.

E. Grace
    @emgc

@seekjustice @catwing @naiya-dyani Okay I got 632 that time.

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

I got 464. Seeing I was stuck and Scrivener wasn’t working before, I find this quite pleasing 😀

@Edmund-Lloyd-fletcher

That’s a lovely snippet! And I love the name Ryuu too 🙂

Ceud mile failte

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@emgc Good job! I think you’re the winner!

By the way, how’s everyone going? Are you on track? (I’m quite a bit behind, unfortunately 😛 )

Ceud mile failte

Catwing
    @catwing

@seekjustice @emgc @naiya-dyani I got 245. 🙂
    Good job everyone. Again? 😀

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 1,491 total)
  • The forum ‘General Writing Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest