NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner

This topic contains 801 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Naiya Dyani 3 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 802 total)
  • Author

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Yay! Thank you @eden-anderson for starting his thread!!

Guys it’s sooo close! πŸ˜³πŸ˜±πŸ˜† We can do this!!! Here’s some chocolate Β for everyone. 🍫🍫🍫

LETS DO THIS πŸŽ‰

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

Prep Update:

Yesterday I only outlined two scenes of my NaNoWriMo project (though I outlined two chapters of my background project, which might serve as my NaNo fallback), but today I’ve gotten through a total of about a chapter and a half! I’ve outlined a little ways into chapter 9 (out of maybe 15?), so… progress. Still not as much as I’d like, but definitely progress.

Scene I’m most excited to write: Yesterday I outlined a scene with a few of my favorite characters having a conversation that will hopefully give some cool insight into their relationships and into another character, so I’m pretty excited to write that scene.

@eden-anderson @any-other-last-minute-outliners

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Selah
    @selah-chelyah

@eden-anderson

Lol! Okay, will do. πŸ™‚

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@anne_the_noob14 Great minds think a like, I guess! πŸ˜›

*passes pumpkin spice cookies around* *sees there aren’t any drinks yet* *runs off and brings back a big pitcher of raspberry hibiscus lemonade*

That’s just what we were missing! Perfect! Many thanks. πŸ˜„ But we need to get some Apple Cider in here. *disappears*

Thanks for telling us about your story, Anne! It sounds cool!! The mystery vibe is real. πŸ˜€

*prepares to spam your inbox come November* Are you sure you want this? 😜

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher They all sound cool, but I’ll pick #1. πŸ˜€

@r-m-archer Great ideas! Let do this!

@evelyn Truly a pleasure, madam! *sweeps off hat dramatically*

Guys it’s sooo close!

*completely loses self-composure* I’m going to DIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! 😱😱😱

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@r-m-archer

today I’ve gotten through a total of about a chapter and a half! I’ve outlined a little ways into chapter 9 (out of maybe 15?), so… progress. Still not as much as I’d like, but definitely progress.

Progress is progress is progress is progress! You go girl!!

I didn’t get any outlining done today because I was busy all day (literally ALL DAY) but I’m hoping to put the beat down tomorrow. We’ll see how it goes…πŸ˜πŸ™ƒπŸ€ž

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@eden-anderson If you need me to, I can shoot you a reminder at some point tomorrow. But either way… *high fives* You’ve got this! πŸ™‚

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson YOU WILL LIVE

And so will your book. πŸ˜‰

You got this friend!! No need to freak out! (Okay maybe a little need…. πŸ˜† )

@r-m-archer Great work!

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@r-m-archer Yes, please do!! πŸ˜€ Aw, thanks!

@evelyn *isn’t so sure* Aww, thanks, Evelyn! You’re the best. *still isn’t sure of survival*

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@eden-anderson *humphs*

Are you saying I’m not persuasive enough??

What do I need to do? Throw chocolate at you??

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@eden-anderson *thumbs up* Will do. πŸ™‚

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@eden-anderson Yep!

*gasps* I CAN’T BELIEVE I FORGOT APPLE CIDER OMW!!! Thanks for getting it! πŸ˜›

Thanks! I’m a little scared cause the last, and only other, time I tried to write a mystery, it ended up being five pages of really badly written Sherlock Holmes fanfiction. :/

Yes! Please do! I’m gonna need all the reminders I can get!

@r-m-archer Ooh, nice! So, I’m curious… How do you go about outlining? This is the first time I’ve tried to actually write one seriously, and I’m wondering how much different people’s methods vary.

Update!

I’m working on what I hope is the final, or almost final, stage of my outline. ( @wordsmith Exactly what all else am I doing after this?)Β  Buddy’s been coaching me through it, which has been helping more than I’d like to admit πŸ˜› (Thanks again!!)

Uhm… What else… Yeah. That’s that. Oh yeah! Scene I’m most excited to write! That’d probably be actually just about the whole couple of first chapters, honestly. Where I introduce the setting and characters, kinda let you get to know them, etc. I really like my MC, so I’m excited for the part where I introduce him! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Livi Ryddle. Reason: got a tag wrong

"..and when you get the chance.. to sit it out or dance.. I hope you dance.."

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

*jumps in late*

@eden-anderson This thread is a grand idea! πŸ˜€ What is your novel about?

@emgc I have to be honest, I didn’t do much with my last nano novel either. I didn’t even finish it. *hides face*

@r-m-archer Your WIP sounds epic! πŸ˜€

@anne_the_noob14 *munches on the cookies* Oooo, your book sounds like a fun murder mystery!

@jessi-rae You got this, Jess! Slay that draft!

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher Those all sound like they would be fun to write, but the first one’s story world is fascinating! I cast my vote for that one.

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

My nano novel is a title-less, epic fantasy that follows a handful of characters and their quest to stop an empathetic antagonist from purging the world. Handling multiple POVs is always a challenge for me, so this Nanowrimo will be exciting. πŸ˜€Β  I’ve been prepping for about two months, so I’m dying to start.

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@gabriellepollack Thanks! It’ll be fun, all right… For me. Can’t say the same for my characters… *tries to laugh evilly in the back of throat* *ends up choking* *reaches out feebly for apple cider*

Ayyy join the “I’ve got a WIP but I have no title” crew!! Your WIP sounds awesome!

*sees that you’ve been prepping for months* *laughs nervously, eye twitching* I’ve been prepping for, say, three weeks…

I GOT DIS, Y’ALL. WE ALL GOT DIS. WOOOOOO!!!

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher The second one! They all sound awesome, but I just read The Red Badge of Courage, and really enjoyed it, so I think this one would be awesomer. Awesome-er. Whichever πŸ˜›

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 802 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest