fb

NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 1,491 total)
  • Author
    E. Grace
    @emgc

@r-m-archer @eden-anderson Great job guys, this was fun. πŸ™‚

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Edmund Lloyd Fletcher
    @edmund-lloyd-fletcher

Oh no!Β  I missed the word war!Β  Oh well, enjoy your cake.Β  You earned it! πŸ™‚

Which idea did you decide on? Or.. which one did the coin decide on? πŸ˜€

Β  The war between fantasy realms.

Still not sure where it’s going to wind up, but today I got a few scene ideas splatted down.Β  Got to start somewhere.

Favorite QOTD:
    The waitress scowled. “So tell me, you wanna sit here and argue about temporal mechanics or you going to order something?”

Homeschooling father of 10, writing Christian action/adventure novels from my home high in the Rockies.

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

Is word warring still going on?

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@jenwriter17 Hey, sorry we all disappeared. I had to go eat supper and take care of my dog.

I’d be available to do one now if you wanted. πŸ˜€

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@eden-anderson Oh, okay. πŸ™‚ Well, I actually can’t do one right now, but are you going to be writing tomorrow morning? I think I’m going to be writing around 9 o’clock and going for a couple hours.

www.jennaterese.com

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@jenwriter17 Yes, I am! And I’ll mostly likely be around at 9 o’clock…πŸ˜€

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

Hey guys…so incoming rant. (I know, I know…it’s only the first day and I’m already losing it)

So, I got up at 6:00 this morning, eager to go, full of anticipation and excitment. By 7:30 I had 1,000 words done, which is pretty good for me.

But then I realized that along, I’d been writing from the wrong POV. Yeah, I know, where was my brain? Off on vacation, or something, obviously.

Anyways, now I have to go back and rewrite everything and I’m feeling very disappointed because it’s the first day and I was gonna start out perfect and everything was going amazing and then this.

It’s not that huge of a deal but it’s still kind of annoying.

SO YEAH. Now that’s out of my system, I’m ready to be happy and excited again. πŸ˜› How’s everybody else’s first day going? ❀️

Edmund Lloyd Fletcher
    @edmund-lloyd-fletcher

But then I realized that along, I’d been writing from the wrong POV. Yeah, I know, where was my brain? Off on vacation, or something, obviously. Anyways, now I have to go back and rewrite everything and I’m feeling very disappointed because it’s the first day and I was gonna start out perfect and everything was going amazing and then this.

No!!!Β  Write now, edit later!

“The first draft of anything is [poop].” – Hemingway

The goal of the first draft is to get it down, not get it right.
    (Totally preaching to myself here.Β  Actually fact-checked what a top SAT score is today.Β  Naughty!Β  *Slaps own hand*)

Homeschooling father of 10, writing Christian action/adventure novels from my home high in the Rockies.

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@eden-anderson

OH NO! πŸ™ Well, on the bright side, at least you found out now and not halfway in.

www.jennaterese.com

Jessi Rae
    @jessi-rae

My NaNo update: IΒ was going to work on my Christmas-y story, but my brain did not want to cooperate with it today, so I didn’t. XP Instead I rewrote the beginning of a different story I only just started a couple months ago (so I could get back into it), and got 734 words. That’s probably what I’ll be working on the rest of the month if my brain cooperates, so for anyone interested in what it is, it’s a type of Neverland-inspired story, where a young boy appears in my protagonist’s room and takes her (with her permission) to Neverland. She’s going to have to save fairies, and I don’t know much else. Guess I’ll be pantsing more than I would like this month! XP

"How did I escape? With difficulty. How did I plan this moment? With pleasure."

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@jessi-rae Ooh sounds interesting.

@eden-anderson
    SAY WHAT

I’m soooo sorry. *hugs* It will be fine. Let it be and keep going. You got this. (:

Jessi Rae
    @jessi-rae

@evelyn Thanks! πŸ˜€

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher @jenwriter17 @evelyn Umm…guys? 😬

It’s too late. I went and rewrote it all. Thankfully, I was able to save quite a bit…copy and paste here and there and that was incredibly helpful. It probably was dumb of me to stop and start over…I probably should have just kept going but I didn’t.

I just turned up the music and plugged away. πŸ™ƒ

@evelyn
    Thank you, friend. *hugs back* ❀️

@jessi-rae
    Aw, your story sounds so sweet! Wish you the best of luck! πŸ˜€

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

Friday, November 1st

Word Count: 2,000

Favorite Sentence: “Don’t you know who this is?” The boy yelled, looking at his friend in alarm. “It’s ‘im! It’s Raven!”

Jessi Rae
    @jessi-rae

@eden-anderson Thank you so much! I wish you the best of luck as well. πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 1,491 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest