NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner 2.0

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner 2.0

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Warden
    @nuetrobolt

@tinuviel congratulations! Was it fun?

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Warden.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@eden-anderson *grins* You’re welcome!

Oof… Not great. But I did sleep off the headache I had Thursday night, so that’s good. Today my throat is still sore… but I’m coughing stuff up which always happens when I start to get over it, so that’s also good. *sighs*

I need 32,738 words today if I’m gonna win this XD Obviously that’s not happening, BUT I would be happy to word war with someone if anybody’s around.

@r-m-archer
    Yoooo that’s awesome!!!

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher
    Congrats!!

"Reck not."
    ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

*sighs*

Ok guys… I’ve officially stopped writing for NaNo this year. I’m not feeling great still, and… What am I doing? I don’t have to explain. *shrugs* So yeah. My total this month is 17,550 exactly. *takes deep breath* *nods* Yeah.

I could still get in probably another 2000 tonight but, since I’d have to ignore the fact I feel lousy, I’m stopping here. It’s a nice, round number πŸ˜›

Thank you all for all the word wars and support throughout this month!! Y’all have been awesome!! And I’ll be cheering everybody else on still!! I won’t leave the thread, just I’m done writing for tonight πŸ™‚

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

And now, for… bed or something idk XD

Stay cool πŸ˜›

"Reck not."
    ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Hope McClellan
    @hope-mcclellan

@tinuviel

Congratulations completing your first NaNoWriMo!! πŸ˜€ That is awesome! I could never write that much, so I am incredibly impressed at those of you who have completed the challenge!

I’ll be here for another hour if anyone wants to word war!

"Write the vision, and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it."
      Habakkuk 2:2

Tinuviel
      @tinuviel

@nuetrobolt Thank you! Yes, I guess it was. It wasn’t as exciting as other times I’ve written, (Camp is more fun in my opinion), but but it felt like I really got a lot accomplished and THAT is exciting!

@anne_the_noob14
      Aww, I hope you feel better! Thanks for all the word wars, it’s been fun! over 17k is absolutely NOTHING to sneeze at. Well done!

@hope-mcclellan
      Thank you so much! I’m pretty excited. It was a huge challenge and not something I think I’ll be doing every year, but I’m quite excited!

Laura Waldorf. Christian, writer, dreamer, sub-creator of beauty.

Edmund Lloyd Fletcher
      @edmund-lloyd-fletcher

@anne_the_noob14Β  Just don’t stop, right?Β  That’s what’s important.

In fact, here’s your llama — paid in advance, since we all know you’re going to make it even if it takes a few days extra. πŸ™‚

Homeschooling father of 10, writing Christian action/adventure novels from my home high in the Rockies.

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

that is insane! Great job! What exactly is Blackened Keyboard Friday?

Thank you! On Black Friday every year, Wayne Thomas Batson hosts a writing challenge on his Facebook page for all the writers who follow him to write as much as they can that day. The official goal (at least this year; I don’t know if it changes) is 7k, and anyone who writes at least that much gets listed on a special acknowledgements page in his next book, but whoever gets the highest total word count gets a free audiobook (again, at least this year; I’m guessing the prizes change). It’s just a challenge to get people really focused on writing for the day, even if they only have a few pockets of time; I just happened to have all day free and a whole lot of words to catch up on. XD

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Livi Ryddle
      @anne_the_noob14

@tinuviel Thank you!!

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher
      *nods* Yep πŸ˜€

Aww thank youuu!! And actually llamas are my favorite animal, after owls, so I love the Llama of Completion XD

"Reck not."
      ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@edmund-lloyd-fletcher You did it!! Way to go! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

@nuetrobolt
      Oh, really?! That’s cool…I didn’t know that. πŸ˜€

Yeah, my first time! It was fun being first-timers together! *high-fives*

@anne_the_noob14
      Aw, I’m sorry. πŸ˜₯ I hope you start feeling way better soon! ❀️

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Livi Ryddle
      @anne_the_noob14

@eden-anderson Thank you! πŸ™ Me too.. I have family (out of state family) visiting this Friday, and I’d rather not give my two little cousins whatever bug this is.

"Reck not."
      ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@anne_the_noob14 Yeah, that would be awful! πŸ˜ŸπŸ™πŸ»

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Warden
      @nuetrobolt

@tinuviel (or anyone else), What is Camp NaNoWriMo?

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Tinuviel
      @tinuviel

@nuetrobolt it’s like a less intense version of NaNo during the months of April and July. You set your own goals instead of being bound to 50k. You can go by words, pages, lines, or minutes/hours, I believe. Instead of the regional meetups they have what they call cabins–basically small group chat rooms.

Laura Waldorf. Christian, writer, dreamer, sub-creator of beauty.

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

@nuetrobolt Camp NaNoWriMo is an event run by the same people who do regular NaNoWriMo, taking place in both April and July, but instead of having a set goal of 50k you have the freedom to officially set your own goal, and it can be words or pages or hours. In the past, writers have also gotten to be part of a smaller group of writers (<20) in an online “cabin” for Camp NaNo, but since they’ve redesigned their site and merged the two events onto one, I don’t know if it’s still going to work that way.

EDIT: @tinuviel summed it up better, lol.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by R.M. Archer.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Warden
      @nuetrobolt

@r-m-archer @tinuviel

It sounds interesting! I’ll have to do that this coming year.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest