NaNoWriMo 2019 Buddies

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo 2019 Buddies

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@eden-anderson Sure! 😀

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Corine
    @corine

@jenwriter17 I’ve also had a few miserable fails haha! 🙂

@r-m-archer
      @seekjustice Thanks so much for the tips guys! I’m feeling more confident for this year already! A large part of succeeding seems to hinge off your mindset in approaching the month so hopefully by prepping now (and hyping myself up as you suggest 🙂 )  I’ll have a good starting point. Thanks again, much appreciated!

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

@eden-anderson @corine Happy to help! ^-^

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

NCStokes
      @ncstokes

@corine Heyo! I’ve done NaNo a couple years running, and I’ve found one of the best strategies for me is just to have fun. This is a first draft, after all, so you can experiment as much as you like, and if you think giving all your background characters the most ridiculous names ever sounds fun, you can! And writing feels like less of a chore when you’ve got a lizard named Montgomery showing up every once and a while to make you laugh.

Also, getting away from the screen when you’re not writing 1) is good for your eyeballs, and 2) often leads to the best of inspiration.

These couple months leading up to November are the time to build your characters and world, and if you like to have a plot written out (even if it’s just a skeleton), plot yourself a plot, so when you hit November 1st, you’re free to just write. You don’t have to have everything set in stone, but you can write a lot faster if you don’t have to stop ever other chapter to research or worldbuild. Of course you’ll run into questions you never thought of, but get what you know you’ll need out of the way beforehand. This might be common sense, but last year, I barely built my world at all before I started, and though it didn’t stop me, it almost did, and I wouldn’t wish that fate on anyone else. 😛

@evelyn
      Yes! *throws confetti* *throws spaghetti*

*shameless self promotion* https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@corine Strange. Maybe it will work if I try. (:

@ncstokes
      Yay! *dances around in spaghetti*

Rainy Emily
      @millennium

My username is E. Millennium over there. 😛

Ten million fireflies

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

Hey guys, just a quick question. If I created a thread for all the people doing NaNoWriMo to hang out on/do word sprints…would you guys be interested? Or would it just be another distraction? 🙃 There are already a bunch of places for NaNoWriMo peeps to hang out (like the NaNo forums) but I thought I’d suggest this anyways…

@jenwriter17
      @r-m-archer @evelyn @faith-blum @snapper @catwing @jane-maree @seekjustice @nuetrobolt @ncstokes @corine @millennium

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@eden-anderson For some reason I’ve never been really attracted to the NaNoWriMo forums. *shrugs*

Unfortunately I will probably be writing at either 6 in the morning or around eleven p.m. anyways, so I’m not sure there would be anyone around to word sprint for me. XD

Otherwise, I’d say go for it! 😀

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@evelyn Well, I’m beginning to realize that you either have to be on there 24/7 or else you get swamped trying to catch up reading 100000000 posts. 😬

6 in the morning?! *gulps* You have a dedication that I admire. 😯

Okay, I understand…but if I do create the thread, you are obligated to pop in at least once or twice. 😄

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@eden-anderson Hahaha, or I’m using NaNoWriMo as an excuse to start getting up early again. 😛

I realized I have something happening the majority of my evenings, Mock Trial practices, community group, babysitting jobs, etc, and want to have a consistent writing time, but didn’t want to have to break in the middle of school every day to write – it would throw me off my groove – so getting up early was the only answer and hey I’m a morning person so as long as I get over my fear of having my alarm clock too loud and waking everyone else up too, I’ll be fine. 😆

For sure! I’ll be running in and out every hour. FOMO and all. 😉

I remember something cool my guild did last November was to share the day’s word counts and favorite sentence written every evening. It was super fun and kept me going. Maybe the thread could have that purpose too. (:

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@evelyn Yeah, pretty much.

Agghhh, you are CRAZY busy! If you die from exhaustion, I will feel terrible because I was the one pressing you to do it this year. 😱

You better be! 😍

Oh, that’s a really good idea! I will definitely be suggesting that when/if I create the thread! Thanks for the idea. ❤️

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@eden-anderson Surely that won’t happen. *laughs nervously*

But hey! if it does, there were actually other people bugging me about it, so you won’t be the only person liable. 😉

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@evelyn I shall do everything in my power to keep you alive. *sends you chocolate, tea, hedge-hugs, special-super-mega-huge-insanely big-energizing pill*

Really? Okay…good, it won’t entirely be my fault.

*whispers* but to be completely honest, even if other people hadn’t bugged you, I still would have. 😉

Jane Maree
      @jane-maree

@eden-anderson You totally should make a topic for NaNo-ing people! It could be so encouraging to have a little group on here to support and inspire each other. I say go for it!

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17

@eden-anderson YES THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Then on the first day of NaNo, any participants can kinda introduce their novel to everyone. Such a great idea, Eden! 😀

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
      www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest