NaNoWriMo 2019 Buddies

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo 2019 Buddies

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@jenwriter17

I’m SeekJustice over there!

Wow, its hard to believe its almost NaNo time again. I better get cracking with my prep!

Mahalo keia huiΚ»ana

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@jane-maree @seekjustice Yay, we are now friends on NaNo! πŸ˜€

@seekjustice
    , I know right? Time flies…

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Warden
    @nuetrobolt

@jenwriter17

I’ve never done NaNo before, but this year I made an account, so I’m trying it out. I’m called Warden on NaNo.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@snapper @seekjustice @rochellaine @theresa-play @dekreel @eden-anderson @r-m-archer @faith_blum @ariel @valtmy @kendra-lynne @everyone Btw, guys there’s a giveaway going on with Storiarts, here’s a link if you want to enter. πŸ™‚Β https://upvir.al/ref/Hw26293975/

www.jennaterese.com

NCStokes
    @ncstokes

I’m NC Stokes there, because I’m super creative like that. πŸ˜›

*shameless self promotion* https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@ncstokes Thanks for accepting! πŸ˜€

www.jennaterese.com

NCStokes
    @ncstokes

@jenwriter17 Let the buddy-ness commence! XD

*shameless self promotion* https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@ncstokes πŸ˜€

www.jennaterese.com

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@ncstokes Eyyy. You’re doing NaNo then? πŸ˜€

Corine
    @corine

Hi! I added you all (except for some reason I wasn’t able to add you @evelyn πŸ™ ). Hopefully that’s okay; I’m just so excited to have writing buddies over there!

My username is corineiswriting on NaNoWriMo.

Has anyone actually successfully completed a NaNo? And if so, HOW? What are your best tips and tricks?

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

@corine I’ve finished twice. My first recommendation is to make sure you’re writing a story you’re passionate about. If you try to write something that you’re writing to finish rather than writing because you enjoy the story, it’s not likely to go well. (I speak from experience. XP) So that’s the first thing. And if you can work at getting yourself hyped up in the month or two leading up to November (whatever that means for you: making a playlist, making a Pinterest board, getting other people excited about it, getting pumped up for the competitive side of NaNo, whatever), all the better.

During NaNoWriMo, one of the most helpful things for me has been participating in word wars. I’m really competitive, so having someone to directly compete against and then encourage or cheer for at the end (’cause I also love to cheer on fellow writers and help them out) is super helpful for me. And it gives you an opportunity to just devote 10-20 minutes to writing and discourages you from getting distracted.

Another thing might be to plan rewards for hitting certain word counts, or to shift your mindset and think about it as a way to encourage other writers that if you can meet your goals then so can they, or maybe it’s encouraging to you to share snippets of your drafts and get positive feedback so you do that throughout the month… What helps most will depend on what sorts of things motivate you, so if you know that or can sort it out it’s a really helpful starting point. πŸ™‚

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17

@corine Thanks! I accepted! πŸ˜€

www.jennaterese.com

Chelsea R.H.
      @seekjustice

@corine

@r-m-archer
      has some great points! I’ve also completed NaNo twice and all the things she said have worked really well for me. I also tend to have a reward system in place. For example, when I reach 10k I buy myself a packet of lollies or a chocolate bar. And I do that going up 10k everytime, until I get to 50k when I buy myself an album.

Also, being able to clear out your schedule as much as possible really helps. I understand that you’re (probably) still in school, so you obviously can’t get rid of that, but clearing out other things such as Netflix, Pinterest, YouTube, pointlessly hanging out at the mall with your friends…whatever it is that distracts you the most. Of course, I’m not saying to completely give up on your social life or relaxation, but NaNo hinges on being able to make sacrifices for the sake of your writing. πŸ™‚

And finally, plan ahead! Even if you’re a super hard core pantser. Planning ahead is essential in NaNo.

Mahalo keia huiΚ»ana

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17

@corine

Well, since the first time I tried NaNo I failed miserably at not even making it halfway, I would stick with @seekjustice and @r-m-archer’s awesome tips. πŸ˜‰

www.jennaterese.com

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@jenwriter17 This is such a cool giveaway! Thanks for telling us about it! ❀️

@r-m-archer
      @seekjustice Thanks for the tips, guys! Super helpful!

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest